Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longranthefox

Quote from: offthefence on October 16, 2010, 07:34:47 PM
a powerful performance from carmen and when questions were asked the players stood up and took the game to omagh with the intensity levels that were required to get the result, everyman played till the finish and in typical carmen spirit,  " what was that francie mooney was writing someting about spirit being gone" he can eat his words now,  omagh displayed some gamesmanship and were lying down at every opportunity young oneill must have been hiding in 2nd half, i think he found out what championship football is all about "balls" and "hunger" if you aint got em uve no errant there.  we will look forward to a county final now and we are back were we belong carmen abu roll on next sunday  :D ;)

Hmmm very interesting. I think "young O'Neill" has proved a point since this and Francie mooney was on about Carrickmore back then too

redzone

where is fiontamach.always enjoyed his view on football and def a man who talked sense on tyrone.could niall McKenna make it as a centre half back.pj should def get run of games.any u21 from this years team good enough to step up.mark Bradley,rory brennan,danny mcnulty.what about mcnulty from dungannon,he was v good in the intermediate this year.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: redzone on November 19, 2014, 10:14:47 PM
where is fiontamach.always enjoyed his view on football and def a man who talked sense on tyrone.could niall McKenna make it as a centre half back.pj should def get run of games.any u21 from this years team good enough to step up.mark Bradley,rory brennan,danny mcnulty.what about mcnulty from dungannon,he was v good in the intermediate this year.

Rory Brennan wouldn't offer a pile to the county senior set up from what I have seen from him.
Big Dan McNulty would offer an alternative at full forward and offers a great goal threat but I believe he has bad back problems.
I would definetly have a look at Mark Bradley along with Frank Burns and Kieran McGeary from Pomeroy, class acts.
Ruairi Sludden and Niall Sludden also worth a look at.
Padraig McNulty and Patrick Quinn from Dungannon should definetly get a close look at, two physical presences who could add a lot till the current tyrone team.
Other than that maybe Dwayne Quinn, Michael Cassidy, John McCullagh or Ruairi Loughran might be worth a look.

Stick er in the Onion Bag

Michael Cassidy looked very good against Carmen in championship, Ruairi Loughran and Dwayne Quinn mpressive this last couple of years.  Would say Ruairi Sludden ahead of Niall in reckoning,  Niall has maybe gone backwards a bit this last couple of years because of injury.  Don't know much about McNulty, Dgn but could do with a bit of size around middle especially if big Joe hangs them up as Colm Cav has been only serious physical presence in last few years.  Still have Conor Clarke to come back but he would be better forgetting about county next year and get good year of club football under his belt.  Think if Conan Grugan got a run, could be a good option at wing forward, target for kickouts, strong lad able to to stand up for himself and good long range passer for diagonal balls.  Some options there but lads have to get a run of games to have realistic chance of becoming a county footballer, if not they would be better off at home with club

WT4E

Dean McNally (Kildress) was harshly dropped off the panel a couple of years ago after McKenna Cup - Still young and a good tight marking back which Tyrone seem to lack. I wonder will he get another chance?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: WT4E on November 21, 2014, 10:43:44 AM
Dean McNally (Kildress) was harshly dropped off the panel a couple of years ago after McKenna Cup - Still young and a good tight marking back which Tyrone seem to lack. I wonder will he get another chance?

Did he not break his leg?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

God14

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 21, 2014, 10:50:20 AM

Id second that WT4E

He did suffer a bad leg break blewuporstuffed, but recovered to play in the Sigerson last year with UUJ. Caught the eye too, a real hardy tight marker. In a county with a dearth of corner back options, he should be a shoe in for at least a spot on the panel IMHO

WT4E

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 21, 2014, 10:50:20 AM

He actually broke leg/badly damaged knee after he was dropped he had played 2/3 club league games before it happened. Worked seriously hard and got back for the club before the end of that year (some feat considering the length of time some players tend to take to get back to fitness).

Tyrone Gaa

What senior clubs are seeking management this season? Are there any good men out there?  I see Donaghmore need a new man, any other clubs?  Dromore?
Living the dream!!!

GlenMan

Any new managers in Division 3 for 2015? Heard of a few changes so far.

LeoMc

Quote from: GlenMan on November 21, 2014, 10:37:46 PM
Any new managers in Division 3 for 2015? Heard of a few changes so far.
All take with you!

In hiding

whats the story with sean mc cabe and donaghmore? Has he left to help Cassidy at Clonoe?

Up The Middle

Quote from: In hiding on November 23, 2014, 01:27:28 PM
whats the story with sean mc cabe and donaghmore? Has he left to help Cassidy at Clonoe?

From what I'm hearing he's taking the reserves.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Wee Roddy

He will be the next Clonoe manager. I heard Barney GoGormlegoing to Stabane and Seamus Doyle to Kildress.

Max Payne

Paddy Tally and Archie Beattie with Galbally?