Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

No serious punches thrown, It was just handbags! :D

longballin

What's the story with the man on the line at Junior final for the Rock wearing a Man United top? down with that sort of thing!  :'( 

Tyrone Gaa

Boghopper I didn't mean to cause offence, simply commented if Derrytresk did prevail then there would have been appeals and meetings to get Derrytresk eligible for the Ulster Championship.  That takes nothing away from the Rock, better team won, they have shown all year they are the best side in Tyrone at junior level they completed that with the double.  Good luck to them along with Dungannon and Omagh
Living the dream!!!

Boghopper

Its grand I know it would have been a major embarrassment for Tyrone, the Rock will win Ulster at a canter!

Club boi

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 13, 2014, 05:39:28 PM
Boghopper I didn't mean to cause offence, simply commented if Derrytresk did prevail then there would have been appeals and meetings to get Derrytresk eligible for the Ulster Championship.  That takes nothing away from the Rock, better team won, they have shown all year they are the best side in Tyrone at junior level they completed that with the double.  Good luck to them along with Dungannon and Omagh

I'm not sure about that on the day. Poor 1st half for both teams, Derrytresk defo wuda been happier going in only 5-4 down at HT but they came out all guns blazing and hit 3 or 4 scores on the trot. Rock were in trouble until Hill midfielder Headbutted, you can't deny that or else your tainted glasses impaired your vision. 15 men eventually clawed back and overtook the 14 and Derrytresk were unlucky. Ultimately it wasn't the Ref, the Linesman or the county board who beat you's. Unfortunately it was your midfielders indiscipline who let you's down and potentially cost you's a Championship

under the bar

QuoteTyrone GAA's statement smacks of what we all knew the County Board didn't want the embarrassment of having a banned team win the championship, the sending off was ridiculous the Rock committed similar offences and they went unpunished and ultimately turned the game on its head,

So the Rock players were headbutting all around them and didn't get sent off??  That is scandalous!

winghalfback

Quote from: longballin on October 13, 2014, 04:43:31 PM
What's the story with the man on the line at Junior final for the Rock wearing a Man United top? down with that sort of thing!  :'(
Seen that thought it a strange one maybe its a lucky charm or something

winghalfback

Was there a bit of a ruckus in the hillhut on sunday night heard something about an ex manager arguing/fighting with a player.

The Bearded One

Quote from: winghalfback on October 14, 2014, 10:00:05 AM

Was it not a Dublin training top??
It is what it is. Presumably.

winghalfback

Quote from: The Bearded One on October 14, 2014, 10:05:21 AM
Quote from: winghalfback on October 14, 2014, 10:00:05 AM

Was it not a Dublin training top??

I was situated near the pavilion it could have been my initial thought was that it was an old utd top big odds I suppose I thought that they all would have been wearing club colours that day.

Christmas Lights

Division 1 Playoffs get under way this weekend.  Would expect Dromore to beat Errigal given the form of both teams going into the match but it will be tight as Errigal always rise their game for Dromore.

The other game would expect Coalisland to get the better of Killyclogher, if Coalisland get it together on their day, they have a serious attacking threat from half back, midfielders and not to mention their forwards.  Probably the team with the most pace in the division and I fancy them to beat either Dromore or Errigal as well.

In the relegation game, would expect a comfortable win for Cookstown against a very poor Eskra side who needed to win last weekend but didn't.  Dromore gave them every chance of winning also looking at the team they fielded which was missing a raft of regulars.  Eskras only threat is Peter Hughes so if Cookstown can stop him, they should run out 8-9 points winners.

The bigger challenge for Cookstown will be the D2 playoff winners that will probably end up being Trillick or Derrylaughran.  That promotion / relegation game will be a lottery.   

longballin

The jersey was the United away one like blue colour with AIG logo... whatever floats his boat I suppose..

Rock n Roll

Quote from: longballin on October 14, 2014, 03:26:56 PM
The jersey was the United away one like blue colour with AIG logo... whatever floats his boat I suppose..

http://www.dmcaphotography.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/IMG_6680a.jpg

Not sure how to link photos but check the picture in the link above. Clearly a Dublin top.

If in doubt...get 'er out!

BennyHarp

Wtf? You'd think people would check these things out before making themselves look a bit thick.

http://www.oneills.com/shop-by-team/gaa/leinster/dublin-gaa/dublin-gaa-striped-training-jersey.html#bmb=1
That was never a square ball!!

oakleaflad

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 14, 2014, 05:49:55 PM

Wtf? You'd think people would check these things out before making themselves look a bit thick.

http://www.oneills.com/shop-by-team/gaa/leinster/dublin-gaa/dublin-gaa-striped-training-jersey.html#bmb=1
Quote from: Rock n Roll on October 14, 2014, 04:30:23 PM

http://www.dmcaphotography.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/IMG_6680a.jpg

Not sure how to link photos but check the picture in the link above. Clearly a Dublin top.

It looks feck all like a Man United jersey, that's the best about it.