Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: Man Marker on October 09, 2014, 11:11:41 AM
Quote from: longballin on October 09, 2014, 09:32:00 AM
Seems papa Harte got 48 weeks while Petie and the Hamsey brothers got a few match bans. £300 both clubs they say. Not sure why Coalisland got fined... any thoughts?

What does that mean for papa Harte? Is he suspended from the pitch which he would/should not be in anyway. is it therefore a pointless suspension. Can see why errigal got £300 for a spectator running into and striking a player, but why Coalisland? Is it because a player who had got a red card, struck after getting sent off?
i had just logged on to see if there had been any further word. Bans sound about right but unless Barney is an active manner a ban is pointless.

Coalisland will have picked up the fine for not ensuring their pitch is secure. It is an incentive for clubs to have sufficient stewards and stop eejits like the above mentioned B Harte.

everymanaman

Quote from: sam03/05 on October 08, 2014, 06:15:33 PM
Looks like it will be decided on score difference, in which case Cookstown will stay up, they have better score difference than the others.

Doesn't work like that

FLL

Quote from: referee on October 08, 2014, 01:25:22 PM
Quote from: Bo Man on October 07, 2014, 11:18:10 PM
Quote from: redhandloo on October 07, 2014, 11:09:02 PM
Quote from: Napper on October 07, 2014, 11:03:52 PM
Any truth in the rumor that the most hated man in club football has taken up undercover tv journalist work?
Who's the most hated man in club football?

Thon slabber at it again? Some Cookstown men reckon he only picks fights with women.
what's this surely not

Who is he going to be working for?

longballin

Doesn't make sense Coalisland fined for not stopping another team's supporter running on to the field. Are clubs supposed to surround the whole field with stewards facing the spectators like the Premiership?

sensethetone

Quote from: longballin on October 10, 2014, 10:25:32 AM
Doesn't make sense Coalisland fined for not stopping another team's supporter running on to the field. Are clubs supposed to surround the whole field with stewards facing the spectators like the Premiership?
one steward per 500 ppl standing, one steward per 250 seated.

longballin

Seems fair enough outcome apart from Fianna fine. Can't get my head around that one.

WeeDonns

Quote from: sensethetone on October 10, 2014, 12:07:47 PM
Quote from: longballin on October 10, 2014, 10:25:32 AM
one steward per 500 ppl standing, one steward per 250 seated.
Surely 500 people standing would be harder to steward than 250 sitting?

sensethetone

Usually the seated area is covered?

Dell

Not sure about this but Harte and Hampsey got same suspension? They were both being sent of for whatever took place, then Hampsey fills Harte while he is talking to the ref! So either ref didn't report this or whenever u get a red card you can do whatever you want as it dosent matter?
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

LeoMc

Quote from: Dell on October 10, 2014, 10:21:35 PM
Not sure about this but Harte and Hampsey got same suspension? They were both being sent of for whatever took place, then Hampsey fills Harte while he is talking to the ref! So either ref didn't report this or whenever u get a red card you can do whatever you want as it dosent matter?
Would Hartes have been doubled after his earlier red against Clonoe

The Bearded One

Suspensions in one competition don't count in the other so I'm not sure if his red card in the championship will be taken into consideration?
It is what it is. Presumably.

tyroneboi

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 09, 2014, 09:23:06 AM
Quote from: billabong on October 09, 2014, 08:27:45 AM
Owen Roes in playoff action this weekend Norf?

Aye. Should be a tight wan.

I just seen last night that an outstanding reserve game v Tattyreagh has been shoe horned in for Saturday too. Our reserves thought they were finished back in August some time!

Owen roes beat in the play off today Norg? Bit of a shock that one considering your form the last few weeks?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: tyroneboi on October 11, 2014, 07:29:17 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 09, 2014, 09:23:06 AM
Quote from: billabong on October 09, 2014, 08:27:45 AM
Owen Roes in playoff action this weekend Norf?

Aye. Should be a tight wan.

I just seen last night that an outstanding reserve game v Tattyreagh has been shoe horned in for Saturday too. Our reserves thought they were finished back in August some time!

Owen roes beat in the play off today Norg? Bit of a shock that one considering your form the last few weeks?

Aye. Got to admit I was a wee bit surprised. I fancied us to come out of the Div 3 part of the play off at least.

However Aghaloo arrived very focused, and I think we were a bit complacent. Aghaloo deserved their win, but- and I hate criticizing refs- we had a lot of decisions go against us too.

We had a player 2nd yellowed after 19 minutes that looked harsh, then 2 minutes later Cathal McShane's tripped while on goal and the Aghaloo defender is only booked. Two minutes after that again, I thought Ruairi McGlone could've been black carded for a body check, and then in injury time of the first half we'd another pen shout turned down.

It was one of them days where little went our way, but in fairness we didn't earn the right to make it go our way either.

Truth be told I'd of loved to have gone up, but we're a year or two too early.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

tyroneboi

Looking at div 3 for next it doesn't look to be overly strong regardless of what way the play offs. A good chance for your boys to win a league or championship for sure! Good progress made this year anyway!

BADONEY

Omagh clinched the division  1 reserve league title  for the first time since 1988 last night,  when their scheduled final league fixture  v Eglish was conceeded .