Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TF15

Heard that an Errigal man connected to the Tyrone boss ran on alright. Also heard Hampsey's younger brother ran on, kicked a man on the ground and sped off out of the pitch. Also the blow that knocked Harte out was as dirty as you'll get, from behind as the dust had settled and cards had been issued. Harte can handle himself as has been said above and thank heavens he can because not a player in club football in Tyrone gets the treatment he does. Hope the suspected broken jaw is just rumours as he's one of the central components if our seniors are to do anything next year. Is it the same in other counties where County men get 'treatment'? For we have to be as bad if not the worst county in Ireland for it.

On Dungannon v Trillick, McNulty is certainly worth a run in the McKenna cup and I'd like to get another look at Quinn. Surely MH could mould such a big strong lad into a real option at FF. Maybe not a starter but an impact sub. Not sure Richie Don will cut it at midfield at inter county. Maybe try him at half forward? Worth a chance anyway, not like we're coming down with talents coming through.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: WT4E on October 06, 2014, 02:02:14 PM
No Coalisland
Ok, I thought you were refering to the previous incident involing Harte in teh championship
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Moortown Spuds

Who got the reds in the Island EC game?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Man Marker on October 06, 2014, 12:44:56 PM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on October 06, 2014, 11:33:08 AM
Does anyone know why that game was played on Sunday? There was requests from other clubs to change games to Sunday but were denied. How come EC and C.Island were able to get preferrential treatment?

simple enough I reckon, as there result didn't impact on the team in relegation.

Quote from: longballin on October 06, 2014, 11:26:48 AM
the coalisland errigal saga will be interesting to see if the same sanctions are imposed in the ballygawley club as have been on other clubs. I remember coalisland getting their club closed for 6 months because of a similar matter greencastle also got a sanction similar im in right. Errigal on the other hand may be immune to such punishments.

It has to be said Errigals discipline has to be questioned the year, behaved terribly at the end of the clonoe championship game and then this, what type of leadership are they receiving
yes but with 2 games to play the places for the top 4 were not onfirmed yet
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

WT4E

Quote from: Man Marker on October 06, 2014, 01:59:02 PM
Your not the sharpest man, my point was that when you different discipline issues from different games it begs the question about how the club is managing its attitude to indiscipline. Any club can have a one off incident in a season.

Your right I'm not the sharpest tool - I wish I was able to read between the lines of such intelligent posters like yourself.

Whats it all about

Quote from: TF15 on October 06, 2014, 02:03:37 PM
Heard that an Errigal man connected to the Tyrone boss ran on alright. Also heard Hampsey's younger brother ran on, kicked a man on the ground and sped off out of the pitch. Also the blow that knocked Harte out was as dirty as you'll get, from behind as the dust had settled and cards had been issued. Harte can handle himself as has been said above and thank heavens he can because not a player in club football in Tyrone gets the treatment he does. Hope the suspected broken jaw is just rumours as he's one of the central components if our seniors are to do anything next year. Is it the same in other counties where County men get 'treatment'? For we have to be as bad if not the worst county in Ireland for it.

On Dungannon v Trillick, McNulty is certainly worth a run in the McKenna cup and I'd like to get another look at Quinn. Surely MH could mould such a big strong lad into a real option at FF. Maybe not a starter but an impact sub. Not sure Richie Don will cut it at midfield at inter county. Maybe try him at half forward? Worth a chance anyway, not like we're coming down with talents coming through.

For someone who obviously was not at the game....you are possibly a reporter for the daily sport some serious claims WT4E!!!! was at the game and the scenes were very much unsavoury.  However the dig Peter Harte threw which split young hampsey was dirty and the start of the whole incident.  It was then settled with ref about to send both off when Daddy arrived and Hit Hampsey from behind.  As you can imagine all hell broke out after that.  As for Harte getting hit, the ref was between them both when he was knocked out and they were facing eachother.  You split a man open its to your detriment not to be watching the man you stuck minutes before.  As for young hampsey he simply went for the man that struck his brother.
Errigal were the instigators yesterday and then canny back it up!! as most clubs have witnessed

WT4E

Quote from: Whats it all about on October 06, 2014, 02:59:40 PM

For someone who obviously was not at the game....you are possibly a reporter for the daily sport some serious claims WT4E!!!! was at the game and the scenes were very much unsavoury.  However the dig Peter Harte threw which split young hampsey was dirty and the start of the whole incident.  It was then settled with ref about to send both off when Daddy arrived and Hit Hampsey from behind.  As you can imagine all hell broke out after that.  As for Harte getting hit, the ref was between them both when he was knocked out and they were facing eachother.  You split a man open its to your detriment not to be watching the man you stuck minutes before.  As for young hampsey he simply went for the man that struck his brother.
Errigal were the instigators yesterday and then canny back it up!! as most clubs have witnessed

Eh I think in your rage you've got yourself mixed up! lol

TF15

Only go on what a colleague told me. Your account is fairly biased, sweeping over the booting of a man on the deck and punching someone from behind which are cowardly actions I think in anyone's book?  My account probably has a hint of that too because I heard it from someone from Errigal. But and the big but here is... the end of your statement is a bit of bollock5 really when they won the game after being a point down before the fracas occurred. Couldn't give much of a toss either way, just seemed to be very one sided account on here and it didn't sit well with me so I contributed some of the information being left out. We can all talk about certain clubs etc and their behaviour but let's be honest, in general the behaviour at club level leaves a lot to be desired. I guess it's the parochial nature of our sport and the fact in Division 1 there is a lot of clubs who wouldn't have the most time for each other, especially amongst the top 5-6 clubs.

Hereiam

Would you rather see league points been tossed about from one team to another our would you rather see a bit of passion on the pitch near the each of the season.

longballin

Quote from: Whats it all about on October 06, 2014, 02:59:40 PM

This is exactly how I heard it happened too. Errigal are quickly making a cookstown out of themselves. Cant be a coincidence that all these incidences happen that both errigal and peter harte are involved.

The Bearded One

It's not a coincidence that Harte is involved because he is the man constantly targeted by other teams, probably as they know they will get a reaction from him. I wasn't at the game yesterday, so I am not going to comment about what happened.

What I will say though it that we can argue all day about the Clonoe match but in my view he was provoked for the entire game and it was inevitable he would eventually react.
It is what it is. Presumably.

nrico2006

I laugh at the mentality that its ok to constantly hit or fire a late shoulder into the back of a man etc and yet when a man is eventually broken and retaliates he is the main culprit in everything.  I didn't see the incident at the weekend but in my opinion Peter Harte tries to play football all the time.  He doesn't go out and start and handlings or play dirty.  Yet in the majority of games I watch he is targeted constantly and that kind of illegal treatment will eventually break a man.  But sure paint him at the villain and laud the hard men who get away with blue murder.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

longballin

so as the aul saying goes ye play with the cat til she scrabs, or in this situation til daddy comes to the rescue.

highballlow

From all reports I have heard Harte struck unprovoked, just happened to strike the wrong person. Was not this sort of player until recently, possibly compensating for people saying he is soft in hard hitting games, who knows.

TF15

Have a bit of wit longballin. Have you ever seen Harte throw a fist in anger at county level? Be it minors, U21s or Senior? If he didn't stand up for himself after being singled out for 'treatment' you'd be labelling him yella or soft, the fact he gave a bit back now your actually comparing him with the antics of Cookstown? Laughable. All the good players inevitably have to learn to be able to stand up for themselves or they'll get battered due to the lack of protection you are offered at club level. That's the reality, not your skewed statements.