Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: loughshore lad on August 14, 2007, 02:35:26 PM
Does anyone else feel the proposed promotion of the top 2 teams from division 2 into what will be division 1 next year is slightly flawed. I would be worried about the capability of who ever gets promoted to survive, I think they would go straight back down the following season.

I hate to tell you, but the level of football between Div 1 and 2 isn't as great you would you think, especially in the higher levels of the table.
Testing Accessibility

longball

Quote from: ziggysego on August 14, 2007, 02:39:15 PM
Quote from: loughshore lad on August 14, 2007, 02:35:26 PM
Does anyone else feel the proposed promotion of the top 2 teams from division 2 into what will be division 1 next year is slightly flawed. I would be worried about the capability of who ever gets promoted to survive, I think they would go straight back down the following season.

I hate to tell you, but the level of football between Div 1 and 2 isn't as great you would you think, especially in the higher levels of the table.

i agree with ziggy here i think the top teams in division 2 not be in division 1 to make up the numbers. u may see it as flawed but its the only way to sort it out for the new league format!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

orangeman

It will be a very competitive league whoever is in it.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: longball on August 14, 2007, 12:41:53 PM
Fear ón Srath Bán has div 2 turned in to a two horse race with Moortown and Eglish??
Can anyone else catch them? Big gap starting to develop between top 6 and bottom 6 think its 5 points at the min!!

Urney reserves impressive win the other day in the championship VS Greencastle does this make them favourites for this competition? heard Strabane have C Friel available for it is he likely to play considering league games on sunday?

Would agree with Ziggy there longball, and yes, Ciarán Friel is back and playing well. Very tight at the top, despite the gap between the top two and the rest, and it's not over yet, but it's more worrying for those rooted towards the bottom of the table.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

clarshack

its flawed in the sense that you could have augher and eglish in divsion 1 while much better teams such as moy, clan na gael, loughmacrory, trillick etc end up in division 2. have to disagree but there is a gap. we've experienced it at first hand this year.

Norf Tyrone

Quoteits flawed in the sense that you could have augher and eglish in divsion 1 while much better teams such as moy, clan na gael, loughmacrory, trillick etc end up in division 2. have to disagree but there is a gap. we've experienced it at first hand this year.

It's obviosuly going to be skewed, but there is no real alternative. It'll take a year or two for the teams to genuinelly find their level.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

parttimeexile

I think there is a bigger Gap between Division 1 and 2 than some people think. Clonoe got relagated from division 1 but are walking it in 1B. Looking at the quality of the football sometimes you would not think the gap was that big but if division 2 teams were to be playing 1A teams I think they would have serious problems.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: clarshack on August 14, 2007, 03:41:56 PM
its flawed in the sense that you could have augher and eglish in divsion 1 while much better teams such as moy, clan na gael, loughmacrory, trillick etc end up in division 2. have to disagree but there is a gap. we've experienced it at first hand this year.

On the other hand, how do you feel the likes of these teams you mentioned, Moy Clan na Gael, Trillick etc would do in division 2 next year?  do you think they would stand out head and shoulders against the rest of the teams or would they find it difficult to regain their senior status?

Also you could look at the point that Division 3 teams which could go up ie Tatts, Beragh, Clogher etc.. will be playing what would normally be considered division 1 teams..do anyone think this gap wuld be too great between teams?
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Norf Tyrone

QuoteAlso you could look at the point that Division 3 teams which could go up ie Tatts, Beragh, Clogher etc.. will be playing what would normally be considered division 1 teams..do anyone think this gap wuld be too great between teams?

Sure when we had leagues of 3*16s and as wel'll have in the future, this always happened. Teams from 1 went down to 2, and teams from 3 went up to 2. Thus meeting.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 14, 2007, 03:58:21 PM
QuoteAlso you could look at the point that Division 3 teams which could go up ie Tatts, Beragh, Clogher etc.. will be playing what would normally be considered division 1 teams..do anyone think this gap wuld be too great between teams?

Sure when we had leagues of 3*16s and as wel'll have in the future, this always happened. Teams from 1 went down to 2, and teams from 3 went up to 2. Thus meeting.

Fair point Norf but we havent had this situation in years where a 1A team could be playing a division 3 team as we have been realstically working with a 4 divisional all county leagues.

Anyone have any thoughts of returning to a 3 x 16 league format?

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on August 14, 2007, 04:06:55 PM

Fair point Norf but we havent had this situation in years where a 1A team could be playing a division 3 team as we have been realstically working with a 4 divisional all county leagues.

But this is not going to happen anyway. A team that is not good enough for Div1 is going to be playing a team that is better than Div3 hence both teams wil be playing Div2 football

clarshack

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on August 14, 2007, 03:52:10 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 14, 2007, 03:41:56 PM

On the other hand, how do you feel the likes of these teams you mentioned, Moy Clan na Gael, Trillick etc would do in division 2 next year?  do you think they would stand out head and shoulders against the rest of the teams or would they find it difficult to regain their senior status?

Also you could look at the point that Division 3 teams which could go up ie Tatts, Beragh, Clogher etc.. will be playing what would normally be considered division 1 teams..do anyone think this gap wuld be too great between teams?

apparently there are to be no starred games meaning county players are to be available for all games in 2008. when tattyreagh play the moy in 2008 yes the gap will be very noticeable. the moy and clan na gael will be the 2 teams who on paper should be promoted back to div 1. as norf tyrone says it will still take another year or 2 for things to be finally sorted out.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: clarshack on August 14, 2007, 04:10:15 PM
apparently there are to be no starred games meaning county players are to be available for all games in 2008.

Where did you hear this clarshack? :o 

clarshack

Quote from: Deal_Me_In on August 14, 2007, 04:09:11 PM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on August 14, 2007, 04:06:55 PM

But this is not going to happen anyway. A team that is not good enough for Div1 is going to be playing a team that is better than Div3 hence both teams wil be playing Div2 football

what if omagh are relegated? in any other year they would be relegated to 1B - they would be a top 1B team and still capable of competing in the senior championship. they would also be nowhere near the team who has just been promoted from div 3. however next year they could be in the same division as that team.

clarshack

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on August 14, 2007, 04:12:55 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 14, 2007, 04:10:15 PM
apparently there are to be no starred games meaning county players are to be available for all games in 2008.

Where did you hear this clarshack? :o 

i thought this was common knowledge. pretty sure i seen it in the propsoals for the league restructuring.