Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackball

I see two games there starting at 7.30, is that not a bit late? The light wont be great towards the ends of those games.

Under Lights

Off the back of revealing my adult debut,
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=24544.60 , this was 2001, let me know who you made yours against and in what year.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 25, 2014, 01:59:35 AM
I'm going to put a suggestion out here about the need for ideas in the county at present...

...bring back the former East Tyrone and West Tyrone District boards.

I think it's time to scale back to some extent the All-County fixture approach in a county which is geographically as big as ours. Allow some football competitions to be more locally organised.

Allow such West & East boards to organise the following for club football in Tyrone - Go Games from U8 to U12, U13 league, U14 league & championships, some U16 & minor competitions, reserve football, U21 football and a cup competition for senior teams outside of league & championship e.g. see a return of the St. Enda's and Feis cups.

Then have the county CCC organise the SFC, IFC & JFC, All-county leagues, Feile na nOg, Og Sport, some level of all-county league competition at the highest grade of minor & maybe U16 level (with other clubs competing at district level) as well as organising U14, U16, minor, U21 & reserve all-county championship finals between the two district winners at each grade/division.

With club hurling being on a much smaller scale, leave that still at all-county level but look to see the districts get more involved at GoGames with the intention of transferring that organising on to them in the future.

Rather than being a backward step, I reckon it could help reinvigorate club activity in the county, help bring organisational duties back closer to clubs and have such officials become more accountable.

Anyone?

Ok in principle until there are conflicts between the boards organising senior/minor/u21 football clashing .

The main issue is and always will be the inter county season.
until that's fixed , we are pissing against the wind at club level.
the TCB need to lobby croke part to address this issue to allow club football its rightfull place in the overall schedule
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Pat The Root

Come on the Rahillys, we never defeated til the big fat woman sings. Were you at it Hugh

Club Rossa

What way did Clonoe game finish?

bigtogs

Quote from: Club Rossa on July 27, 2014, 09:30:47 PM
What way did Clonoe game finish?

Draw both teams missing a few.... daisy sent off 2 yellows..... don't think I ever have seen as many head high tackles in one game... mchugh refereeing had a diffucult evening. ..

Club Rossa

Suppose a bit of ill feeling carrying over from the championship game.

bigtogs

Quote from: Club Rossa on July 27, 2014, 09:42:24 PM
Suppose a bit of ill feeling carrying over from the championship game.

yeah we had no ill feeling we here delighted ;) They dont seem to like the Doris brothers for some reason patrick only came on with five to go errigal where 4 up and concentrated more on taking his head off that football we nipped in for 4 poonts the. Number 28 in particular who ever be was.

winghalfback

Quote of the evening was Eamon Mc Hugh ye have no stones and to be fair its pretty fair an assessment of his evening I cant figure out how a few black cards were not given out to both teams and bigtogs eluded to head high tackles, tackles with the feet pulling back all black card offences  then you have punches thrown the ref sees them and does nothing or gives a yellow card. We will call it an off night for him and we wont mention errigal numbers 17 or 28

Club boi

Was at the Errigal v Clonoe game. As stated above when the game was in the melting pot (15 minutes to go,  Errigal 4 up) Errigal seemed more interested in the man rather than playing ball. Granted they have nothing to play for but they had the game won until they reverted to these tactics. Patrick Doris came on with 10 ta go and was hit by at least 3 different Errigal men and laughed it off. Clonoe no angels either when things got heavy but they controlled their heads more

Anybody at the Omagh Slaughter of Carrickmore?? Reports??

bigtogs

Quote from: Club boi on July 27, 2014, 10:17:56 PM
Was at the Errigal v Clonoe game. As stated above when the game was in the melting pot (15 minutes to go,  Errigal 4 up) Errigal seemed more interested in the man rather than playing ball. Granted they have nothing to play for but they had the game won until they reverted to these tactics. Patrick Doris came on with 10 ta go and was hit by at least 3 different Errigal men and laughed it off. Clonoe no angels either when things got heavy but they controlled their heads more

I know we had at least 4/5 on that prob be not on come championship but the way the game panned out for us it was a great game two week b4 championship in terrible conditions. ... fair to say us and Errigal not dying about other. ... never in 30 Odd years of following football I never mind  carrIckmore getting that type off beating....Omagh will not be easy beat in the championship...

winghalfback

Quote from: bigtogs on July 27, 2014, 10:26:59 PM

I know we had at least 4/5 on that prob be not on come championship but the way the game panned out for us it was a great game two week b4 championship in terrible conditions. ... fair to say us and Errigal not dying about other. ... never in 30 Odd years of following football I never mind  carrIckmore getting that type off beating....Omagh will not be easy beat in the championship...

Really sent out a statement of intent there with that result have to be regarded as favourites for the cup no disrespect to Eglish. another side of it is what did carrickmore put into the game have they thoughts on a bigger prize?

bigtogs

Quote from: winghalfback on July 27, 2014, 10:40:30 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on July 27, 2014, 10:26:59 PM

Really sent out a statement of intent there with that result have to be regarded as favourites for the cup no disrespect to Eglish. another side of it is what did carrickmore put into the game have they thoughts on a bigger prize?

in my opinion if you go head to head to head with them and go for an open game they would beat any team in this county.... the size of fintona pitch will suit eglish though which will keep them in the game for a while but omagh will overcome them... at that stage they will be one game away for a county final on their own patch will make them favorites no matter who they play in my opinion. ..