Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

everymanaman

Quote from: winghalfback on July 13, 2014, 06:12:00 PM
Now after days debacle no one can deny changes are needed at senior county level. Tyrone looked bad looked like they not interested or not hungry enough to win. The keepers kickouts were telegraphed everytime knew where they were going although this was his only fault the defence was all at sea a lot not helped by a very cynical Armagh team who in my opinion started off targeting Mattie Donnelly to get him his first yellow card. Tierney was a welcome addition at half time and Connor Gormley is still a leader but just doesn't have the legs anymore. Midfield battled gamely all day Colly Cavanagh is one of the hardest working players in GAA doing a lot of the donkey work. Our forward line is oor very few would make a real good club side in all honesty. To easy bottled up by a well disaplined Armagh defence to the wrong option to many times. Harte keeps persisting with certain players who just don't have it. The inside line today got no quality ball all day and to many men are unable to kick a 20/30 yard pass never mind a simple 5 yard fist pass.
Granted the panel was severly depleated with injuries to Clarke and harte and even their possible replacements pj lavery and joey mc mahon we have no defensive cover and revert back to type with the older players more often than not.
Has MH had his day? Maybe Tyrone don't have the quality players playing in the county? Whats needed? Who could take on the mammoth job of reshaping tyrones fortunes?
[/quote
After reading this you could put yourself forward as the first foreigner to manage Tyrone

sam03/05

That was the most gutless performance I have ever seen from a Tyrone team!
No heart, desire, determination. - Lost every 50/50 ball, only Ronan McNabb and Gormley come out with any credit. Shocking stuff!
Team full of big headed players, with egos - most of them good / decent minor players! But shit senior players

hugh the root

Whenever the people in the county board hold the upcoming investigation as to why Tyrone are under achieving at all levels they need to ask the county chairman what authority and why did he appoint certain individuals to youth teams ?Then Micky Harte will have to explain why the team has went downhill this year and if a new management set up would be a better option . This carry on will go on until we are down with the Carlows and waterfords so catch a grip and take immediate action before the place on the hill in Ballygawley will be a white elephant!

DoYerJob Linesman

Starting to sound a lot like the Derry thread on here.  Senior managers head being called for repeatedly.

Quick question.  Who would be seen as the heir to Hartes throne?  Canavan?
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

hugh the root

And just a further wee point; if anyone in Garvaghey are on salaries eg secretary /trainers / managers they should be made refund the money as Garvaghey contributors are bitter about what's going on!

hugh the root

And just a further wee point; if anyone in Garvaghey are on salaries eg secretary /trainers / managers they should be made refund the money as Garvaghey contributors are bitter about what's going on!

rrhf

LeoMc

Quote from: hugh the root on July 13, 2014, 08:54:54 PM
Whenever the people in the county board hold the upcoming investigation as to why Tyrone are under achieving at all levels they need to ask the county chairman what authority and why did he appoint certain individuals to youth teams ?Then Micky Harte will have to explain why the team has went downhill this year and if a new management set up would be a better option . This carry on will go on until we are down with the Carlows and waterfords so catch a grip and take immediate action before the place on the hill in Ballygawley will be a white elephant!

So which underage panel did a McLaughlin appointed coach drop you from?

hugh the root

Leo mc check what I am saying and relate it to the current state of tyrone football! Tyrone with the help of McLaugkhlinn and other dimwits in the county board are falling from the almighty to a team that are beatable by any team in ulster!

bigtogs

Never left a match early in my life but by god today i was tempted....was so disappointing with Tyrone today... off course the sending off affected the game... but we looked shapeless unfit and mentally not up for the challenge...don't think all in sundry need sacked but surely we are at the stage where some questions need asked....i don't think we have the players to win an all Ireland and people have to understand this is a transition period and the next group of players may not be as good as the last.....but surely we are better than that dung i watched today and the dung i watched in the first half of the minor match v Monaghan!!!

hugh the root

The best of good pure dung big togs alright!

tiempo

Quote from: sam03/05 on July 13, 2014, 06:44:15 PM
Time for a massive look and re- think about the structures in Tyrone football. We are falling behind in so many levels. Unless something is done, then I can't see us being a force for the next ten years.

1/ our senior squad/ U21s/ U18s need a person appointed to look after strength and conditioning, we are miles behind in this regard. (we can't even break a tackle)
2/ our senior management needs either replaced, or a completely new back room team put in place.
3/ it is clear that players are no longer playing for Harte for whatever reason - ( this is a very unlike able group of Tyrone players, these new players seem to have an attitude that they have achieved something/ that they are big time players - one look at Ciaran McGinley for example is all I need to see this).

Overall I see a good few lean years ahead for the county. There will be very few trips to Croke Park.
For example - when Sean Cav, Gormley, Penrose, O'Neill, Justy and Joe pull the plug ( which will be very soon) - what we have coming through in their place is very average!

He captained Errigal to a county championship, won an All-Ireland vocational. Don't know every facet of his game or his honours but your comment is utter toilet. How many players on the Tyrone team have won All-Ireland as various levels, and indeed the highest level, its fair to say playing at that level they are all high achievers, but I suppose you have 3 All-Ireland and 3 All-Stars tucked away.

Club boi

Ciaran Mc Ginley!!!!!!!!! Don't make me laugh. Ask anybody from outside of Errigal "TOWIE" Ciaran and I would be confident of 95% people saying he's not good enough to even be in the squad never mind starting week in week out

gethimaf

Have to agree with the sentiments of sam03/05. A very unlikeable, personality-less group of players. Granted we don't have the players to win the AI year in year out. But to get beat by that Armagh team and a poor Monaghan team is unsatisfactory.
Tyrone fans deserve a fresh management and fresh county board. There are a lot of good GAA men dis-enfranchised with the stale current state of affairs. Only yes men from small clubs have any support for the current regime.

LeoMc

Quote from: Club boi on July 13, 2014, 11:06:10 PM
Ciaran Mc Ginley!!!!!!!!! Don't make me laugh. Ask anybody from outside of Errigal "TOWIE" Ciaran and I would be confident of 95% people saying he's not good enough to even be in the squad never mind starting week in week out
He is one of a number of "athletes" in the team and squad who seem to be there for their ability to run all day and work for the "cause" rather than because of football ability. Not sure if Mickey is trying to find another player with the work rate of Dooher but Dooher wasn't just an athlete. He was a footballer first. A lot of the current generation are athletes first.

Was it not Enda McGinley captained Errigal to their title?