Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

If I'm being brutally honest IMO Stevies finished - let him play away with Clanns and give some of the other lads a go.

Arite Haas

Quote from: Up The Middle on June 23, 2014, 10:12:26 AM
I wouldnt think the rest of the panel would see it that way, some of these lads are seeing no game time at all and arent playing for their clubs either, why the exception for 1 man who is more likely to get injured (given his past record of injuries) Sounds like a split in the camp too me.

To be fair the beard has always had one rule for some boys, other rules for the rest

God14

Quote from: Arite Haas on June 23, 2014, 11:28:13 AM
Quote from: Up The Middle on June 23, 2014, 10:12:26 AM
I wouldnt think the rest of the panel would see it that way, some of these lads are seeing no game time at all and arent playing for their clubs either, why the exception for 1 man who is more likely to get injured (given his past record of injuries) Sounds like a split in the camp too me.

To be fair the beard has always had one rule for some boys, other rules for the rest

The whole thing is a complete mess at this stage...

Norf Tyrone

To be honest, I was delighted Stephen was playing. Our team is very young, and they will have learnt more from a loss against Dooher and O'Neill than they would winning a routine league game.

It was actually a few CNG men that first mentioned to me on Saturday that SON had had a row, and had left the camp. I had said is the 7 day rule only inclusive of the day of the game, so if it was next Saturday, then this Saturday was grand. No one seemed to know.

Glad he's not off the squad as I think he has plenty to offer coming off the bench.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

hugh the root

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 23, 2014, 11:47:32 AM
To be honest, I was delighted Stephen was playing. Our team is very young, and they will have learnt more from a loss against Dooher and O'Neill than they would winning a routine league game.

It was actually a few CNG men that first mentioned to me on Saturday that SON had had a row, and had left the camp. I had said is the 7 day rule only inclusive of the day of the game, so if it was next Saturday, then this Saturday was grand. No one seemed to know.

Glad he's not off the squad as I think he has plenty to offer coming off the bench.
let the CCC deal with it they clear up all queries in tyrone with lies deceit and made up rules  f**k the 7 day rule per their say!

Tyrone Gaa

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=218961

Stephen played with the "blessing" of Micky Harte.  What if Sean Cavanagh turned round and played at the weekend, what would have happened? This has just made a farce of the "starred" fixtures.  It cannot be one rule for one club and another rule for others.  Looking at the results Moy could of did with the Cavanaghs lol
Living the dream!!!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on June 23, 2014, 02:06:35 PM
http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=218961

Stephen played with the "blessing" of Micky Harte.  What if Sean Cavanagh turned round and played at the weekend, what would have happened? This has just made a farce of the "starred" fixtures.  It cannot be one rule for one club and another rule for others.  Looking at the results Moy could of did with the Cavanaghs lol

Its a bit of a farce. As I said I was glad in a way he played but at the same time the boys had set out their team without SON to mark all week, and then he plays. Might not matter so much to us this season but it might for others.

Surely Harte can't circumnavigate the rules.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Fuzzman

How did he play Norf?
How did Dooher play?

If we got promoted which is unlikely there could be a few complaints by teams who beat us without him playing.

Onthe40

you see this is where the thing becomes an absolute joke..last year u had harte kickng grugan off the squad for playing a club u21 game in between the qualifiers when he was away down the selection peckin order with no chance of featuring.
talkin to an omagh man last nite who said theyve little chancein the league when your fixed away to errigal with 6 co men unavailable and probably 3 of them wont feature next weekend...a few of them were itching to play yesterday but obviously abided by the rules
same goes for lots of other clubs across the divisions, with obviously omaghs case being the worst. Im sure Kevy Gallagher wouldve liked to have played for Newton yest, Peter Hughes for Eskra and so on

winghalfback

Whole thing is a joke if its 6 days before a back door game then why not fix all club games for Friday night and reserve championship for Sunday solves all issues. I personally don't think that's the issue I think its more a case that O'Neill played for his club and Harte wont do anything about it, what if Kevy Gallagher played or Paddy Mc Neice played or some of the Omagh lads played would there be as much talk about it or would Tyrone management come out and say they played with their blessing doubt it and the Conan Grugan example from last year proves this. This is just another example of a long line of things that the senior tem management are loosing the run of things. Time for change across the board at minor and senior management level me thinks.

barelegs

PJ Quinn  has one McKenna Cup appearance with Tyrone all year. Yesterday Moortown played a key game in the relegation battle in Division One against Cookstown and were beaten. I'm sure Quinn would have loved to have been able to play.

Allowing Stephen O'Neill to play has made a real mockery of the starred game system. How can it be enforced in future?

If Mickey thought Stephen O'Neill needed game time then surely Joe McMahon needed game time or would Joe playing for Omagh against Errigal have made things a little awkward?

WT4E

Quote from: barelegs on June 23, 2014, 04:05:31 PM
PJ Quinn  has one McKenna Cup appearance with Tyrone all year. Yesterday Moortown played a key game in the relegation battle in Division One against Cookstown and were beaten. I'm sure Quinn would have loved to have been able to play.

Allowing Stephen O'Neill to play has made a real mockery of the starred game system. How can it be enforced in future?

If Mickey thought Stephen O'Neill needed game time then surely Joe McMahon needed game time or would Joe playing for Omagh against Errigal have made things a little awkward?
`

Surely Quinn should prioritise and weigh up the whole situation!!!!

winghalfback

Quote from: barelegs on June 23, 2014, 04:05:31 PM

But don't question Mickey Harte he won Tyrone 3 All Irelands.

blewuporstuffed

If Harte has told SON to play to get some game time, he has opened a whole can of worms within the squad IMO.
There are bound to be other players getting far less game time who wont be happy.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

bigtogs

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 23, 2014, 04:22:17 PM
If Harte has told SON to play to get some game time, he has opened a whole can of worms within the squad IMO.
There are bound to be other players getting far less game time who wont be happy.

no disrespect to Owen Roes surely playing agsinst Tyrone b team would be stiffer opposition. .... Mickey Harte in my opinion has totally disrespected every club in Tyrone crying out for their panelists to get game time.....