Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Can anyone confirm what the qualifier rule is? Is it 7 days? It's a pity the county players couldn't have played a round of league fixtures this Friday or Saturday. And another one the Friday after the Louth game assuming Tyrone win. That along with a couple more starred games would leave the fixtures in decent shape going into the summer.

I'm glad they're going ahead with the reserve championships this year. It was always crazy leaving the players sitting around all summer over the county stuff. Would question the timing of games around the league fixtures though. Plenty of times to play the reserve games over the summer so not sure why they're playing games a few days apart.

bigtogs

Is Tyrone as a county developing players at the correct rate it seems we are not something obviously not right in our coaching set up from 18-21... if mattie donnelly or sean cavanagh ever got hurt we would be not better than ANTRIM. ..SON has not played a good championship game in years!!!!

redhandloo

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 16, 2014, 11:09:12 PM
Can anyone confirm what the qualifier rule is? Is it 7 days? It's a pity the county players couldn't have played a round of league fixtures this Friday or Saturday. And another one the Friday after the Louth game assuming Tyrone win. That along with a couple more starred games would leave the fixtures in decent shape going into the summer.

I'm glad they're going ahead with the reserve championships this year. It was always crazy leaving the players sitting around all summer over the county stuff. Would question the timing of games around the league fixtures though. Plenty of times to play the reserve games over the summer so not sure why they're playing games a few days apart.
Seven day rule for back door. Same applies to county minors I think.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

rrhf

Quote from: bigtogs on June 16, 2014, 11:17:51 PM
Is Tyrone as a county developing players at the correct rate it seems we are not something obviously not right in our coaching set up from 18-21... if mattie donnelly or sean cavanagh ever got hurt we would be not better than ANTRIM. ..SON has not played a good championship game in years!!!!
Agreed this issue is bigger that any one manager or team.  We are not developing good forwards, midfielders or marking defenders. 
We have moved away from the fundamentals of the game and are producing generic players who can solo the length of the field and little else. 
Who overlooks the entire development squad set up?

redhandloo

Quote from: rrhf on June 17, 2014, 07:22:14 AM
Agreed this issue is bigger that any one manager or team.  We are not developing good forwards, midfielders or marking defenders. 
We have moved away from the fundamentals of the game and are producing generic players who can solo the length of the field and little else. 
Would MH not oversee that in some capacity.
Can't agree about the development system. Most of the players on Sunday have won medals on the biggest stage at minor or senior level. Unfortunately some of them have their best football behind them. More striking for me is that we don't seem to have a clear system of play.

Quarterback

Harte has the final say on everything.  On the development of young players I know that a former all Ireland winning trainer had offered his services to the Tyrone county board to coach at any underage level - but when it reached the top was told his services were not needed...Mickey has been spoiled with the quality at this disposal over the past 10/11. Now that we don't have that quality we are finding the going tough.  I honestly think that with some tinkering we could change things around....The idea that your half forward line must be stronger defenders than forwards bothers me...why don't we play with out and out forwards in the half forward line who offer a scoring threat.....Matty has a all star nomination from wing forward last year yet he plays 6 - think what he would score if he played in the froward line...Mc Ginley is more suited to half back and may be tighter marking that Peter.  Could PJ Lavery play 5/7 he is no smaller than Jack Mc Caffery and has similar pace...Defensively we did OK on Sunday and it was the scores we found tough to come by...Here's my Team

Morgan
Mc Rory
Justy
Mc Namee
PJ Lavery
Conor Gormely
Ronan Mc Nabb
Sean
Colm
Peter
Stevie/Ronie O Neill
Matty Donnelly
Mc Curry
Dan Mc Nulty (Pull This guy into the panel and work with him)
Mc Alisky

billabong

Quote from: WT4E on June 16, 2014, 02:42:40 PM
I'll try and get this back on track:

So the league threw up some odd results this weekend, anyone at the games:

Loughmacrory went to Trillick and earned a point
Aghyaran beat Dungannon w/o McNamee
Galbally had a late surge to beat Gortin

Div 2 looks like it will come down to a two horse race between Greencastle and Trillick

Div 3 results a bit more sensible.

Rock beating Derrytresk was a big result which could help determine which one of the two wins the league.

Was just wondering what has happened Glenelly they use to have a good bunch of young players a while back. Now there the worse team in Tyrone?

Norf you are from up that direction and hammered them at the weekend-what is going on with that Glenelly team? What about the group of young players they had a while back? Any decent players amongst them? Must not have a forward outside of S Harkin in sight going by reports?

hugh the root

Quote from: Quarterback on June 17, 2014, 08:23:36 AM

Harte has the final say on everything.  On the development of young players I know that a former all Ireland winning trainer had offered his services to the Tyrone county board to coach at any underage level - but when it reached the top was told his services were not needed...Mickey has been spoiled with the quality at this disposal over the past 10/11. Now that we don't have that quality we are finding the going tough.  I honestly think that with some tinkering we could change things around....The idea that your half forward line must be stronger defenders than forwards bothers me...why don't we play with out and out forwards in the half forward line who offer a scoring threat.....Matty has a all star nomination from wing forward last year yet he plays 6 - think what he would score if he played in the froward line...Mc Ginley is more suited to half back and may be tighter marking that Peter.  Could PJ Lavery play 5/7 he is no smaller than Jack Mc Caffery and has similar pace...Defensively we did OK on Sunday and it was the scores we found tough to come by...Here's my Team

Morgan
Mc Rory
Justy
Mc Namee
PJ Lavery
Conor Gormely
Ronan Mc Nabb
Sean
Colm
Peter
Stevie/Ronie O Neill
Matty Donnelly
Mc Curry
Dan Mc Nulty (Pull This guy into the panel and work with him)
Mc Alisky
Apparently Ciaran McLaughlin is the man who appoints coaches to the development squads.If that is true then we have the answer to Tyrone's failure in recent years to bring young plYers through.his cv and playing career don't impress me much.Get some decent coaches who have in depth knowledge of what is required to win on the big stage otherwise we ll soon be down with the antrims and Carlows.         Big togs made an assertion earlier which deserves due consideration . Another summer fucked up for me by the qualifiers!

hugh the root

Winning is not everything but wanting to win is!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: billabong on June 17, 2014, 09:25:50 AM

Div 2 looks like it will come down to a two horse race between Greencastle and Trillick

Rock beating Derrytresk was a big result which could help determine which one of the two wins the league.

Was just wondering what has happened Glenelly they use to have a good bunch of young players a while back. Now there the worse team in Tyrone?

Norf you are from up that direction and hammered them at the weekend-what is going on with that Glenelly team? What about the group of young players they had a while back? Any decent players amongst them? Must not have a forward outside of S Harkin in sight going by reports?

I wouldn't have much of a clue to be honest. They lost Tim Harney and Conall McCullagh this summer which will be two big losses. Both are away to play Inter County football at their new homes which says all you need to know. I know a keeper's loss shouldn't reflect out the field as much, but boys like that will obviously drive training on a bit better etc.

I am not sure if they had a group of young players coming through to that great of an extent, but I know one of their better young players, Jamie Harney, is away to West Ham.

Seamy Harkin got 0-10 of their 0-10 on Saturday. He was still out scored by Cathal McShane who got 1-9!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Redhand Santa

If the Louth game is set for Sunday week (which is an option) in theory should the county players be available on Sunday?

billabong

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 17, 2014, 10:07:17 AM

I wouldn't have much of a clue to be honest. They lost Tim Harney and Conall McCullagh this summer which will be two big losses. Both are away to play Inter County football at their new homes which says all you need to know. I know a keeper's loss shouldn't reflect out the field as much, but boys like that will obviously drive training on a bit better etc.

I am not sure if they had a group of young players coming through to that great of an extent, but I know one of their better young players, Jamie Harney, is away to West Ham.

Seamy Harkin got 0-10 of their 0-10 on Saturday. He was still out scored by Cathal McShane who got 1-9!

What about their other players of note in the past- Cathal Nicholas, Colm Hicks, Liam Nicholas, Ronan O'Kane-still playing or gone like the others?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 17, 2014, 10:15:49 AM
If the Louth game is set for Sunday week (which is an option) in theory should the county players be available on Sunday?
will there be any club fixtures at all then the weekend of the Louth game?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

redhandloo

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 17, 2014, 10:15:49 AM
As far as I know, the seven day rule is seven clear days.  That would mean that they can't play sunday.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 17, 2014, 10:07:17 AM

They lost Harney to Armagh club and Armagh seniors - where did McCullagh go to....?