Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: WT4E on June 05, 2014, 01:25:15 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on June 05, 2014, 12:45:58 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on June 05, 2014, 11:43:11 AM
Yeah to be fair great work by the fixtures committee. By the July holidays there will only be 6 league games remaining and the reserve championship done and dusted in Div 1 and 2 anyway so credit where credit is due.

I sort of take it by that there is a break in fixtures for the July holidays or is that not known yet?

Down with this sort of thing.
The fixtures committee is incompetent / biased against my club / doing Mickeys bidding to wreak havoc. If they get all the games played it will be a long winter.

;D ;D

Have to say I have always been a critic of the fixtures committee but this year they seem to be getting it right. So well done. Has there been a reshuffle in the pack??

Some may point to Conor Clarke as a negative out of the whole thing but unfortunately injuries happen and they are as likely to happen in training as they are in a game!

Agree on the u21 and reserve championship about getting it, but if anyone thinks that not having a league game without all your players for four weeks before the biggest club game of the year or 50% of clubs being out of the championship at this time of year is right, then your club moral compass if fecked up

time ticking away

canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

WT4E

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on June 05, 2014, 03:45:06 PM
Yeah to be fair great work by the fixtures committee. By the July holidays there will only be 6 league games remaining and the reserve championship done and dusted in Div 1 and 2 anyway so credit where credit is due.

I sort of take it by that there is a break in fixtures for the July holidays or is that not known yet?

The fixtures committee is incompetent / biased against my club / doing Mickeys bidding to wreak havoc. If they get all the games played it will be a long winter.

;D ;D

Have to say I have always been a critic of the fixtures committee but this year they seem to be getting it right. So well done. Has there been a reshuffle in the pack??

Some may point to Conor Clarke as a negative out of the whole thing but unfortunately injuries happen and they are as likely to happen in training as they are in a game!

Agree on the u21 and reserve championship about getting it, but if anyone thinks that not having a league game without all your players for four weeks before the biggest club game of the year or 50% of clubs being out of the championship at this time of year is right, then your club moral compass if fecked up

If I knew they where away training with one of the best county teams in Ireland and probably one of the most professional setups in Ireland then I'd be happy enough. Its not as if they were away playing bowls!!!!

WT4E

Quote from: Arite Haas on June 05, 2014, 03:08:43 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 05, 2014, 11:40:21 AM
A good article in todays Irish news by Phillip Jordan re: this

Have to agree with this.  Danny Hughes article last Friday was excellent as well...major upgrade these two boys being on board for GAA coverage

Yeah - Both very good.

Wouldn't be hard to top what's out there at the minute particularly in Irish News, Mickey Harte's column has to be the worse of the lot - pure boredom and its very best however it is good to get you over to sleep. lol

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: WT4E on June 05, 2014, 05:15:25 PM

;D ;D

If I knew they where away training with one of the best county teams in Ireland and probably one of the most professional setups in Ireland then I'd be happy enough. Its not as if they were away playing bowls!!!!

Time to stop discussing this with u as your knowledge on developing a team pattern of play requires your players to play with the team is zero. Over and out

WT4E

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on June 05, 2014, 10:31:29 PM

;D ;D

Time to stop discussing this with u as your knowledge on developing a team pattern of play requires your players to play with the team is zero. Over and out

Sorry didn't realise I was talking to mick o'dwyer!

Would you not trust your elite players to fit into the teams pattern of play quite quickly.

They should do anyway never mind the fact that they have had 4 out of 5 opportunities to do so in the league so far this year anyway?????

Under Lights

Does Colm Donnelly not play for Clonoe anymore? Retired, injured or working away?

The Beard

Quote from: WT4E on June 06, 2014, 12:25:50 AM

;D ;D

Would you not trust your elite players to fit into the teams pattern of play quite quickly.

They should do anyway never mind the fact that they have had 4 out of 5 opportunities to do so in the league so far this year anyway?????

rubbish statement by WT4E. don't be so silly. course having your best players missing from last week until middle of september or whenever the county team gets put out (hopefully as soon as possible) affects the team. and affects the players because realistically the likes of PJ and peter hughes and co grugan won't have a competitive game until then.

and as for mickey trying to play the 'club players need more than a week to prepare for championship' as the reason he didn't want the first round to go ahead. thats also load of codswallop. in August september thats all they get and mickey doesn't mention it once because by that stage Tyrone are out. His pomposity sickens me.

bigtogs

Quote from: Under Lights on June 06, 2014, 12:28:00 PM
Does Colm Donnelly not play for Clonoe anymore? Retired, injured or working away?

Colm is in Boston has been there from start off 2012.... think we have only 6/7 started last friday night that started county final...2008..... Colm Donnelly,Stephen McCann ,Damian Burke,Eamonn Hughes,Shane Coney,Shane O'Hagan,Cairan Lynch,Ryan Rambo,Emmett Teague all missing through injury and emigration with Shane Coney and Emmett retired....

WT4E

Quote from: The Beard on June 06, 2014, 01:07:37 PM
Quote from: WT4E on June 06, 2014, 12:25:50 AM

;D ;D

rubbish statement by WT4E. don't be so silly. course having your best players missing from last week until middle of september or whenever the county team gets put out (hopefully as soon as possible) affects the team. and affects the players because realistically the likes of PJ and peter hughes and co grugan won't have a competitive game until then.

and as for mickey trying to play the 'club players need more than a week to prepare for championship' as the reason he didn't want the first round to go ahead. thats also load of codswallop. in August september thats all they get and mickey doesn't mention it once because by that stage Tyrone are out. His pomposity sickens me.

Am I missing something? Has Mickey kidnapped the county players?

Are the boys you mentioned not going to play in the non starred league games? If I was them I would!!!

I am no fan of the way Harte operates. I just think its better that the championship and other games are well under way as opposed to rushing through championship games in the October/November sludge.

The fixtures committee seem to have taken a different approach to address the situation this year and there's still people crying (probably the same people too)

The Bearded One

You can please some of the people some of the time all of the people some of the time some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time.

Some people aren't happy unless they are complaining. The situation with the club championship isn't ideal, but in my opinion anything beats the rush job that occured last year. Granted, we aren't effected by having a county senior player, but we do have issues with our minors.
It is what it is. Presumably.

WT4E

All these Beard users are confusing me!

I hope its not the same poster with a split personality!!!!  :o

The Bearded One

Quote from: WT4E on June 06, 2014, 02:56:46 PM
All these Beard users are confusing me!

I hope its not the same poster with a split personality!!!!  :o

Sorry WT4E, didn't realise there was an existing poster with that name. Is there anyway I can amend my own?

I'm a regular reader on here but have just decided to start contributing. If it makes it any easier I can ask Admin to make the amendment.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Club boi

I am 100% Club, 0% County. I think a lot of people in here would much rather win a Club Championship than Tyrone win Ulster!!!!! Does anybody here see GAA going the same way as Rugby?? Elite players are contracted to Tyrone (AKA Ulster Rugby) and the Club games go ahead regardless of these missing players???

LeoMc

Quote from: Club boi on June 07, 2014, 10:29:01 AM
I am 100% Club, 0% County. I think a lot of people in here would much rather win a Club Championship than Tyrone win Ulster!!!!! Does anybody here see GAA going the same way as Rugby?? Elite players are contracted to Tyrone (AKA Ulster Rugby) and the Club games go ahead regardless of these missing players???

I do fear it, I would rather play without County players than not play but I do fear that split.