Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arite Haas

I think Mickey Harte's interview on Sunday summed up his attitude towards club football.  Think it was something along the lines of "Its alright to talk about the 98% of club players but what about the other 2%..does anyone ask them their opinion".....in other words not Waan F**k could Mickey give about club football or club footballers and club football is a major inconvenience to him.  I'd say he'd be happy enough if club football was scrapped altogether or if he could choose a panel of 25 men who weren't to play club football at all.

Knock Yer Mucker In

A criticism you could very easily level at the CCC, how anyone who has an genuine interest in the development of club football could argue that the CCC decision to give clubs a few days with their county players, as well as not having a competitive game in four prior to their championship is in the interest of the club would be disingenuous at best.

Under Lights

Quote from: BADONEY on May 27, 2014, 10:34:47 PM
Tattyreagh 2.15 Drumragh 0.8 Tyrone league division 3 tonight.

Tattyreagh going very well this season. Their reserves have a perfect record so far as well. Seem to be a team on the up.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Under Lights on May 28, 2014, 11:03:27 AM
Quote from: BADONEY on May 27, 2014, 10:34:47 PM
Tattyreagh 2.15 Drumragh 0.8 Tyrone league division 3 tonight.

Tattyreagh going very well this season. Their reserves have a perfect record so far as well. Seem to be a team on the up.

Both teams very strong at the minute. They're reserve team would give some senior teams in Div 3 a good run. Very similar to Loughmacrory last year.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Arite Haas on May 28, 2014, 10:34:57 AM
I think Mickey Harte's interview on Sunday summed up his attitude towards club football.  Think it was something along the lines of "Its alright to talk about the 98% of club players but what about the other 2%..does anyone ask them their opinion".....in other words not Waan F**k could Mickey give about club football or club footballers and club football is a major inconvenience to him.  I'd say he'd be happy enough if club football was scrapped altogether or if he could choose a panel of 25 men who weren't to play club football at all.

An truly incredible first post.
I look forward to further opinions from yourself.

LeoMc

Quote from: Arite Haas on May 28, 2014, 10:34:57 AM

Thanks for your interpretation.

alternatively ......... in other words it is not fair on these players being made to go out and play the most important game of their clubs season within a week of having played in the USFC.

Under Lights

I would be interesting in seeing a poll asking club players if they would wish for the ACL to go ahead regardless if they had their county players available or not. Personally I would just play away, if that meant you are in a relegation battle because of missing 2 or 3 players for the majority of the league then so be it.

Thoughts?

EC Unique

Quote from: Under Lights on May 28, 2014, 02:22:18 PM
I would be interesting in seeing a poll asking club players if they would wish for the ACL to go ahead regardless if they had their county players available or not. Personally I would just play away, if that meant you are in a relegation battle because of missing 2 or 3 players for the majority of the league then so be it.

Thoughts?

No. We have always had at least 2 or 3 on the county panel so would suffer more than most. In 2003 I think we had 6 or 7!

I still think we could avoid a relegation battle as we have enough quality anyway but the problem would be no familiarity come Championship time. We need some league matches with all players to help to prepare for Championship.

WT4E

Quote from: EC Unique on May 28, 2014, 02:35:26 PM

Thoughts?

No. We have always had at least 2 or 3 on the county panel so would suffer more than most. In 2003 I think we had 6 or 7!

I still think we could avoid a relegation battle as we have enough quality anyway but the problem would be no familiarity come Championship time. We need some league matches with all players to help to prepare for Championship.

I reckon implement 7 day rule and play away. You would have your county players for majority of league and they still would have played with the other boys in a good few games.

Call off games if team gets to an AI semi final onwards if you want but none of this "we're playing in ulster 1st round or qualifiers second round nonsense" - these games shouldn't prevent players getting games in the summer season!

Also I think it would help the county all round. Eg What good is Conor McAliskey coming off the bench for 10mins when he hasn't played any competitive football for Tyrone or Clonoe but if Clonoe where goin hell for leather in the league then it would probably make him more of a threat when introduced in the heat of the county battles?

LeoMc

Quote from: WT4E on May 28, 2014, 03:01:32 PM

Thoughts?

I reckon implement 7 day rule and play away. You would have your county players for majority of league and they still would have played with the other boys in a good few games.

Call off games if team gets to an AI semi final onwards if you want but none of this "we're playing in ulster 1st round or qualifiers second round nonsense" - these games shouldn't prevent players getting games in the summer season!

Also I think it would help the county all round. Eg What good is Conor McAliskey coming off the bench for 10mins when he hasn't played any competitive football for Tyrone or Clonoe but if Clonoe where goin hell for leather in the league then it would probably make him more of a threat when introduced in the heat of the county battles?
I'll vote for that, maybe an 8 day rule for Front door games and 7 days for the back door so clubs can have their County players up to the Friday before. If still gives Mickey the Saturday / Sunday ahead of the game.

Another help (but it would have to be nationwide) would be to have the County Managers name a panel of 26 ahead of the 7/8 day cut off so only those 26 players were restricted. The remaining County training "cannon fodder" could then be released to get game time rather than missing any chance of football.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: LeoMc on May 28, 2014, 04:34:04 PM
Quote from: WT4E on May 28, 2014, 03:01:32 PM

Thoughts?

I'll vote for that, maybe an 8 day rule for Front door games and 7 days for the back door so clubs can have their County players up to the Friday before. If still gives Mickey the Saturday / Sunday ahead of the game.

Another help (but it would have to be nationwide) would be to have the County Managers name a panel of 26 ahead of the 7/8 day cut off so only those 26 players were restricted. The remaining County training "cannon fodder" could then be released to get game time rather than missing any chance of football.

Yeah- I'd be of similar opinion. Just the tweak would be that it should be 8 days for Ulster Final, AIQF onwards. Everything else should be 7 days.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tommo2

Quote from: referee on May 28, 2014, 08:55:36 PM
I wonder how Killyclogher must feel playing Dromore without T Mc Cann possibly Dermy who were both injured with county,having put in a strong start to the league,they would surely have fancied their chances but now have to be outsiders because of the CCC digging their heels in[showing whos boss MICKEY]

Not great!

orangeman

Well done to Teamtalk yet again tonight on their excellent coverage of the first championship game. And no doubt they'll be hard at their work the rest of this week, bringing coverage to Gaels far and near who cannot physically get to the games.
Hopefully, it won't be too long before Teamtalk TV gets off the ground for championship games as well as league games. Their coverage of the league games was incredible considering the resources that they have available to them compared to the like to RTE. SKY etc. I've no doubt that Teamtalk will continue to cover gaelic games in Tyrone and ensure that Tyrone are ahead of every other county in Ireland in the promotion of our games and in the same vein I would have no doubt that the powers that be on the county board etc will fully support them. At a time when the GAA in Croke Park are going to great lengths to tell us how important it is to provide coverage of our games to the diaspora, I would imagine that Tyrone who are one of the most progressive and forward thinking counties, will fully embrace what Teamtalk are doing and provide an outlet for Gaels at home and abroad to see games live on internet.

rrhf