Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 20, 2014, 11:54:49 AM
In the original fixtures, any club playing in the first championship weekend only had a weeks rest anyway, so its no different, its only the clubs that had been fixed for the second weekend that now have the same recovery time as those teams

Aye but sure its easier to complain.

Play away ta fook.

Any Tyrone bench fodder will have a decision to make whether to train with clubs or county.

Onthe40

Thats it in a utshell..would say there may be as many as 10 players who dont have a lookin..go to your clubs and give them 2 weeks prep time..then we'll see what MH has to say...

blackball

Cant see anybody pulling out of the county squad to go train with their clubs, but everybody should just get on with it and quit yappin!

EC Unique

Quote from: blackball on May 20, 2014, 12:45:40 PM
Cant see anybody pulling out of the county squad to go train with their clubs, but everybody should just get on with it and quit yappin!

Fair enough. I just hope none of our boys get injured on Sat night as it will be difficult enough playing Clonoe with a full squad never mind losing 1 or 2.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Under Lights on May 20, 2014, 12:03:42 PM
In the original fixtures, any club playing in the first championship weekend only had a weeks rest anyway, so its no different, its only the clubs that had been fixed for the second weekend that now have the same recovery time as those teams

Play away ta fook.

Any Tyrone bench fodder will have a decision to make whether to train with clubs or county.

You haven't a clue, your attitude and disrespectfulness to these lads is pathetic.

That's an easy one to say to a county man who wants to make it. The manager has a long memory and does he forgive easily, he also seems to like players to sit for a year before getting a real crack at it. It almost like a test.

And as I said before, what about Omagh, 6 players.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on May 20, 2014, 12:55:42 PM

Play away ta fook.

You haven't a clue, your attitude and disrespectfulness to these lads is pathetic.

That's an easy one to say to a county man who wants to make it. The manager has a long memory and does he forgive easily, he also seems to like players to sit for a year before getting a real crack at it. It almost like a test.

I think the point is, people only complain when its their own club effected.
we didnt have clonoe /errigal/omagh posters on here giving out about the fixtures when danny mcbride & matty donnelly and a few others would have had to play less than a week after being out with tyrone as it was with the previous championship schedule.

The fixtures are far from ideal, but in this case im not sure what the CCC should do? they are damned if they do , damned if they dont.
Untill the overall inter county fixture scheduling is looked at and the county season compressed they are just rearranging the deckchairs
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Under Lights

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 20, 2014, 01:16:00 PM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on May 20, 2014, 12:55:42 PM

Play away ta fook.

I think the point is, people only complain when its their own club effected.
we didnt have clonoe /errigal/omagh posters on here giving out about the fixtures when danny mcbride & matty donnelly and a few others would have had to play less than a week after being out with tyrone as it was with the previous championship schedule.

The fixtures are far from ideal, but in this case im not sure what the CCC should do? they are damned if they do , damned if they dont.
Untill the overall inter county fixture scheduling is looked at and the county season compressed they are just rearranging the deckchairs

Bingo.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Bingo my arse

You won't see the CCC putting a club championship the week before a county game. No they will get all the time they need at the EXPENSE of the club.

Bingo that

blewuporstuffed

While i agree with you till extent, mickey Harte is only doing what you are doing(and indeed most other clubs), looking after your own interests, and this is part of why the fixtures mess is so hard to sort out.
The rescheduled fixtures now leave your club with a much reduced preparation time for the championship. There didnt seem to be the same issue when other clubs had the same period under the old schedule, thats all i am pointing out.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Gaa

Personally I thought the County Board should have pulled all the championship fixtures following the county drawn match.  After this weekend a lot of clubs seasons will be over.  A bad start to the league season along with an early championship exit would be the nail in the coffin for many clubs. 
Living the dream!!!

Under Lights

When is the next round of the championship likely to be?

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on May 20, 2014, 02:04:16 PM
Bingo my arse

You won't see the CCC putting a club championship the week before a county game. No they will get all the time they need at the EXPENSE of the club.

Bingo that

The championship games are being played just ahead of a potential clash with Monaghan.

Would you prefer the games to be played in September/Oct again?

Christmas Lights

The Tyrone stars have taken to Twitter.  Its all kicking off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Boycott is on the cards by the looks of things. Its Prima Dona stuff nearly.   

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 20, 2014, 02:20:43 PM
Personally I thought the County Board should have pulled all the championship fixtures following the county drawn match.  After this weekend a lot of clubs seasons will be over.  A bad start to the league season along with an early championship exit would be the nail in the coffin for many clubs.

sorry, i dont buy this argument.
What about relegation/promotion battles?
trying to win a league title?
While the championship is certainly the main event, i dont think its fair to say that alot of clubs seasons will be over.There is still plenty to play for.

The Trap

The county team had 6 months to prepare for last Sunday. They started training in November, played 5 McKenna Cup games and 7 Division One league games.........almost uninterrupted preparation..........yet they didnt have a settled team.....didnt have a gameplan A never mind B.......yet clubs are supposed to do this in days never mind weeks! And they dont have the backroom expertise that the county team has!!!!!!

orangeman

Club players don't pay the bills. County teams make the money for the GAA.

I remember a statement made on here years ago to the effect that the GAA are effectively ruled by 2 things - those who can make the most money for it -county teams, managers /  inter county players and those who contribute most financally to it - sponsors. The rest don't really matter that much, including clubs. Club championships do make a lot of money for individual counties and Tyrone GAA are like any other business, they need cash flow and know that a compressed championship brings in less money than an elongated one. The club championships in most counties throughout Ireland are their bread and butter. So, there are lots of reasons to play a round of the club championships early. It's a pity that clubs who have county players will have less preparation time.

One has to have a degree of sympathy with the CCC who are damned if they do and damned if they don't. If the club seasons run on into November and December it's all the CCC's fault.

There has to be a better solution - and hopefully this solution can be found at national level, sooner rather than later.