Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man Marker

Quote from: winghalfback on November 11, 2013, 07:14:45 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on November 11, 2013, 05:17:34 PM
Quote from: Man Marker on November 11, 2013, 04:12:46 PM
There was chat on Saturday night that Coalisland, Derrylaughlinand & Clonoe were on the look for new managers for next season. What about Ardboe? Moortown staying with the same management as is Ballinderry (not strictly tyrone but same neck of the woods)

Now why would Clonoe need a new manager, or indeed even better, why would the current manager want to leave.

He is going nowhere talk in clonoe is they have agreed a new deal with their management team.

Was very surprised to hear it on Saturday night and said so at the time. Clonoe have won 2 senior championships, 1 senior league and one u21 championship with him at the helm, I'm sure they would be keen to make sure he remained

clarshack

Quote from: healypark on November 11, 2013, 03:18:21 PM
Quote from: orangeman on November 11, 2013, 09:25:11 AM
It's turning out to be one hell of a year for the Rahilly men. Complete domination.

Complete championship domination by the 'East' in Grade 1 in 2013.
Under 14 & 18 – Ardboe
Under 16 - Fianna
Under 21 & Seniors – Clonoe
Reserves – Clonoe / Fianna
The balance of playing power certainly in the East. The West's not Awake!

also, stewartstown won u-18 league while moortown won u-16 league.

Moortown Spuds

sensethetone

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on November 12, 2013, 10:54:57 AM
Cookstown is not the east!!!!
i would say cookstown, kildress and rock are all east tyrone.

Moortown Spuds

skeog

big news u 21 manager being unveiled tonight peter the great must be the favourite to begin the road to senior management down the road when mickey retires

Under Lights

I would imagine whatever issues stop Mark Harte and Horse taking it last week would have been ironed out during the week.

rrhf

Heard Matty mc gleenans name mentioned

Up The Middle

Why would Peter be the favorite, this annoys me, because he was a great footballer doesn't make him a great manager, he had a very poor championship record with Errigal (year after he leaves they win it) and he did nothing worth talking about with Fermanagh. I know he has had success with Holy Trinity, but he had players coming to the school solely for football and nothing else, plus the Markey cup is what 2 steps down from McCrory cup, so should we not be looking at someone like Gourley who has won a McCrory cup.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Under Lights

Anyone know what is happening with the remainer of the playoffs?
Will they be on Saturdays or Sundays?
D3 still have a league game to go and then two playoff games before meeting Derrytresk.
Long time for Derrytresk to have to wait for a game while the D3 team continue to play every week.

I sort of expect (though haven't seen it mentioned anywhere) :

Sunday 17th November: Final D3 League Playoff
November 23/24: Playoff games- 2nd V 5Th 3rd V 4th
Wednesday 27th November: Winners (2nd V 5th) V Winners (3rd V 4th)- In Gravaghy UNDER LIGHTS  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :-[ ;D ;)
Sunday 1st December: Derrytresk V Winners (Wednesday 27th Fixtures)
Extra time if necessary

EC Unique

Quote from: Up The Middle on November 12, 2013, 02:01:28 PM
Why would Peter be the favorite, this annoys me, because he was a great footballer doesn't make him a great manager, he had a very poor championship record with Errigal (year after he leaves they win it) and he did nothing worth talking about with Fermanagh. I know he has had success with Holy Trinity, but he had players coming to the school solely for football and nothing else, plus the Markey cup is what 2 steps down from McCrory cup, so should we not be looking at someone like Gourley who has won a McCrory cup.

Believe me, he laid the foundations for that win.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: sensethetone on November 12, 2013, 11:06:46 AM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on November 12, 2013, 10:54:57 AM
Cookstown is not the east!!!!
i would say cookstown, kildress and rock are all east tyrone.

They are all east I would say - Kildress being the trickiest one but as it's in Cookstown district I'd say its east. I would cut off East Tyrone where Kildress meets Carrickmore (i.e. Creggan)

Moortown Spuds

Oh aye all want to be from the east now that the power has been wrestled from the evil grasp of the westies.

Tyrone Gaa

Fergal Logan tonight named as new Tyrone u21 manager. Thoughts??
Living the dream!!!

matchfit21

Has logan been involved recently with football? Havent heard of him in a few yrs to be honest.