Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosmic Fool

Anyone got a list of next weekends fixtures yet?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

sam03/05

I am not involved with Cookstown in anyway, but some of the comments on here in the last few posts have been disgraceful. They may have a couple of bad apples and been involved in a couple of poor incidents, but what club hasn't really. ( I cold point to many incidents throughout the county at club level in the last few years).
As a club they have contributed many positives to Tyrone football in the last few years, two Ulster & All Ireland titles at Intermediate level. Two All Ireland winning minor captains ( McGarrity & Pickering), countless county minors over the last 10-15 years or so (probably more or as many as any other club in the county). Brilliant individual displays at Croke Park in Tyrone colours ( Mulligan 2005 / Mulgrew All Ireand minor final 04) So as a club they have contributed more positives to Tyrone football than negatives, and as much as any other club. I am not involved in the club, but just think that the recent posts have been very poor, as every club has its problems. Also to finish in the top four in their first season up, is an impressive achievement.

Quote from: bigtogs on November 04, 2013, 01:51:02 PM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on November 04, 2013, 10:58:58 AM
Spitting in faces, grabbing balls and talking about mothers is now the definition of growing a set of balls?

Head butting as well. Seen enough off Cookstown over the years,when it comes too championship football governed by umpires linesmen and official's they cannot get away with the sneeky stuff, they have not got the stones for it away from the partisan arena they created in their home games.. Cannot wait to they come to the Rahilly field next year!! Last week in the reserve game they where not too bad too be honest they where not too "brave"... reserve semi final on sat there, neutral venue and a decent ref 15 minutes on the clock 3-5 to no score game over they barely would go for the ball and the Rahillys reserves this year are mainly a bunch off cubs!! they have not got the balls for championship football full stop!!!

bigtogs

Quote from: sam03/05 on November 05, 2013, 12:08:32 AM
I am not involved with Cookstown in anyway, but some of the comments on here in the last few posts have been disgraceful. They may have a couple of bad apples and been involved in a couple of poor incidents, but what club hasn't really. ( I cold point to many incidents throughout the county at club level in the last few years).
As a club they have contributed many positives to Tyrone football in the last few years, two Ulster & All Ireland titles at Intermediate level. Two All Ireland winning minor captains ( McGarrity & Pickering), countless county minors over the last 10-15 years or so (probably more or as many as any other club in the county). Brilliant individual displays at Croke Park in Tyrone colours ( Mulligan 2005 / Mulgrew All Ireand minor final 04) So as a club they have contributed more positives to Tyrone football than negatives, and as much as any other club. I am not involved in the club, but just think that the recent posts have been very poor, as every club has its problems. Also to finish in the top four in their first season up, is an impressive achievement.

Quote from: bigtogs on November 04, 2013, 01:51:02 PM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on November 04, 2013, 10:58:58 AM
Spitting in faces, grabbing balls and talking about mothers is now the definition of growing a set of balls?

Head butting as well. Seen enough off Cookstown over the years,when it comes too championship football governed by umpires linesmen and official's they cannot get away with the sneeky stuff, they have not got the stones for it away from the partisan arena they created in their home games.. Cannot wait to they come to the Rahilly field next year!! Last week in the reserve game they where not too bad too be honest they where not too "brave"... reserve semi final on sat there, neutral venue and a decent ref 15 minutes on the clock 3-5 to no score game over they barely would go for the ball and the Rahillys reserves this year are mainly a bunch off cubs!! they have not got the balls for championship football full stop!!!

Oh right because Cookstown supplied some Tyrone players it make the sort off behaviour we have discussed here ok... They have contributed some great players off course, that does not give them the right to behave the way they do!!! Full stop!!

Moortown Spuds

No manners. No matter how many minor AIs they have helped win you can not go round acting the maggot before someone clips your ears. I have a feeling that that day isn't too far away FJ!!!

Wee Roddy

I think that perhaps it is a little unfair to tarnish Cookstown over one or two individuals. On this particular board my own club has had individuals named on here for misdemeanours and people swear blind and document in posts what they "saw" happened. On every occasion they were incorrect and the people accused were absconded. Every team has, and perhaps needs a scallywag or two (although spitting or head-butting is different) but the problem is because there are far too many people on the sideline stoking the fires. Subs coming out of the dugout roaring and shouting is a pet hate of mine. Half these men aren't good enough to play and some are probably not playing because of a lack of genital glands!
What I will say is that Cookstown had a tactic when the seen Gabriel McCallan coming on the championship and it was to get him sent off. Some idiots here said McCallan was sent on to get sent off. These things wont be forgotten and a player or two may be reminded of this on Sunday in Pomeroy. Gormley, McGurk etc will be crapping them all week at this Cookstown intimidator machine  ::) 

orangeman

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 05, 2013, 10:10:20 AM
I think that perhaps it is a little unfair to tarnish Cookstown over one or two individuals. On this particular board my own club has had individuals named on here for misdemeanours and people swear blind and document in posts what they "saw" happened. On every occasion they were incorrect and the people accused were absconded. Every team has, and perhaps needs a scallywag or two (although spitting or head-butting is different) but the problem is because there are far too many people on the sideline stoking the fires. Subs coming out of the dugout roaring and shouting is a pet hate of mine. Half these men aren't good enough to play and some are probably not playing because of a lack of genital glands!
What I will say is that Cookstown had a tactic when the seen Gabriel McCallan coming on the championship and it was to get him sent off. Some idiots here said McCallan was sent on to get sent off. These things wont be forgotten and a player or two may be reminded of this on Sunday in Pomeroy. Gormley, McGurk etc will be crapping them all week at this Cookstown intimidator machine  ::)

Will they be back for Sunday's match ?

Sorry WR.  ;)

Wee Roddy

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D on the run! I blame the teachers.

DoYerJob Linesman

Reading with interest the comments regarding Cookstowns recent behaviour.  We had an unpleasant afternoon with them in an Ulster League match.

Again, like previous posts, nothing manly was on show.  Late tackles, nipping, stamping, verbals etc.  Reading here, Ardboe, Carrickmore, Clonoe, Errigal and Augher have all had similar.  The Fr Rocks boys are making some powerful enemies there.  Next year could be interesting for them.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

Club Rossa

After all the bad publicity Cookstown got after beating Finuge,I put it down to a case of sour grapes on the Kerry team's behalf.
Yet after seeing them in action against Ardboe in the league I now understand what it was all about.All of them bar maybe 2 or 3 of their players were engaged in sneaky off the ball tactics,slabbering,nipping etc.The management and their linesman also behaved very badly.The thing is that had they concentrated on trying to play football that evening they probably would have beaten us.It's obviously a move on their part to instill some "guts" into themselves as they would always have been accused of lacking bottle'
They have enough good footballers and are a decent enough side without having to resort to the shite they're at.

EC Unique

Quote from: Club Rossa on November 05, 2013, 01:03:34 PM
After all the bad publicity Cookstown got after beating Finuge,I put it down to a case of sour grapes on the Kerry team's behalf.
Yet after seeing them in action against Ardboe in the league I now understand what it was all about.All of them bar maybe 2 or 3 of their players were engaged in sneaky off the ball tactics,slabbering,nipping etc.The management and their linesman also behaved very badly.The thing is that had they concentrated on trying to play football that evening they probably would have beaten us.It's obviously a move on their part to instill some "guts" into themselves as they would always have been accused of lacking bottle'
They have enough good footballers and are a decent enough side without having to resort to the shite they're at.

The problem is that once a group of players start this sort of sh1t it is hard for them to get away from it. They will be no different next season and I expect they will be on the end of a few hammerings as most other teams will be well up for the game. I have seen yer man Jayo a few times. Looks like the kid fancies himself a bit! Not sure why.

clarshack

doesn't one of their star forwards play for Linfield as well? probably reason enough not to like them  ;)

seriously though, they are being quite stupid doing this carry on to these teams especially when they have to go and visit the same teams next year.

winghalfback

Quote from: clarshack on November 05, 2013, 01:26:29 PM
doesn't one of their star forwards play for Linfield as well? probably reason enough not to like them  ;)

seriously though, they are being quite stupid doing this carry on to these teams especially when they have to go and visit the same teams next year.

Seriously? Who? Unbelievable if true

Man Marker

Quote from: winghalfback on November 05, 2013, 01:37:07 PM
Quote from: clarshack on November 05, 2013, 01:26:29 PM

Seriously? Who? Unbelievable if true

Whats unbelievable about it? James Mc gahon does/did for their reserves, what is the big deal. Sure doesn't Clonoe have a few play Irish league soccer. They get paid for it, whats wrong with that ?