Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 01, 2013, 11:19:45 AM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 01, 2013, 11:12:29 AM
Yes this may be through but is there not a bylaw that if there was a concession of points that there would be playoffs. Cookstown conceded against Dromore so therefore score difference would be void would it not?

That may be correct, or it might just relate to relegation matters or when promotion is at stake.

It shouldn't even matter as the team who finishes top should win the league, end of. Whoever finishes top in Div 2 and 3 win the league so why not do the same in Div 1? Its not as if the County Board are going to get a big gate for 3 extra games.

I agree with this, whoever finshes top after all the league games are played should be handed the league title.  Look at Coalisland last year.  Unbeaten the whole league yet lose the league final.  Think thats a bit unfair.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Christmas Lights on November 01, 2013, 11:54:05 AM
Yes this may be through but is there not a bylaw that if there was a concession of points that there would be playoffs. Cookstown conceded against Dromore so therefore score difference would be void would it not?

That may be correct, or it might just relate to relegation matters or when promotion is at stake.

It shouldn't even matter as the team who finishes top should win the league, end of. Whoever finishes top in Div 2 and 3 win the league so why not do the same in Div 1? Its not as if the County Board are going to get a big gate for 3 extra games.

I agree with this, whoever finshes top after all the league games are played should be handed the league title.  Look at Coalisland last year.  Unbeaten the whole league yet lose the league final.  Think thats a bit unfair.
i agree, however i think the purpose of the league playoffs in div one is to avoid dead rubber matches at the end of the season.
At the minute dromore have the league tied up if it were to just go on league points, so that would leave alot of the final games meaning less to alot of the clubs.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Wee Roddy

I agree with you entirely regarding the team that finishes top of the league. If you really look at the thing how many times have the club that finished top of the pile regarding league tables actually went on and won the league title. I would suggest not to many.
Just a bit of clarification from a member of our management that if Cookstown and Carrickmore both win their will be a playoff midweek to see who goes through

bigtogs

Quote from: Under Lights on November 01, 2013, 10:35:49 AM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on November 01, 2013, 10:24:57 AM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 01, 2013, 10:12:45 AM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 01, 2013, 09:22:40 AM
Can anyone confirm to me what happens if both Carrickmore and Cookstown win?

If both get same result and these 2 finish level on points then it will go on head to head. As they drew this game then it should go on scoring difference, Cookstown have +45 to Carrickmore's +34, which would put Cookstown in the last play off spot, unless Carrickmore's winning margin is 10 more than Cookstown's.

what would happen if Clonoe and Moy neither wanted to win!! Could get awkward enough 0-0 draw

Could complicate things if Clonoe drop points away to Moy but can't see it.

Are you sure about that because at Youth level this would end in a play off for the last spot pts diff only used to determine placings and not for qualifications if the head to head is drawn.

I can confirm what Archie said is correct. 100%

Archie Mitchell

So what happens if Clonoe draw and Cookstown and Carrickmore both win? That will leave 3 teams on the same points, and if you say that points difference cant be used to decide playoff places as Cookstown conceded a game, how will they work out which 2 teams qualify? I would punish Cookstown for not fulfilling the fixture which could cause this problem. There is no reason for a team who are going well in the league (as well as reserves) to concede a senior game, with the only penalty being losing the game.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 01, 2013, 02:56:15 PM
So what happens if Clonoe draw and Cookstown and Carrickmore both win? That will leave 3 teams on the same points, and if you say that points difference cant be used to decide playoff places as Cookstown conceded a game, how will they work out which 2 teams qualify? I would punish Cookstown for not fulfilling the fixture which could cause this problem. There is no reason for a team who are going well in the league (as well as reserves) to concede a senior game, with the only penalty being losing the game.
to complicate it further, clonoe had a walkover against trillick who didnt field in the game.

The only reason cookstown conceded the dromroe game was because the match was abandoned due to Sludden breaking his leg, with dromore well ahead at the time. rather than replaying the game, cookstown conceeded
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Gaa

You couldn't punish Cookstown because the original fixture was played only to be abandoned after serious injury to Niall Sludden.  Dromore were well in front with only 10/15 minutes remaining. Take a good look at this because it may never ever be said again but cookstown did the decent thing conceding the re-fixture.  As I said not many a man said that about cookstown.  Just ask Clonoe  ;D ;D
Living the dream!!!

sam03/05

They did play the game, Dromore were winning by ten points with less than ten minutes to go. The game was abandoned due to a bad injury to young Sludden. Cookstown then did not play the re-fixture as the game was won by Dromore as far as they were concerned.

They could have played the re-fixture (giving them a chance to get another two points and guarantee top four) but did the honourable thing - so that is very different than not fulfilling a fixture. A team should not be punished for doing that.

quote author=Archie Mitchell link=topic=12.msg1293998#msg1293998 date=1383317775]
[/quote]

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 01, 2013, 07:28:34 PM

You couldn't punish Cookstown because the original fixture was played only to be abandoned after serious injury to Niall Sludden.  Dromore were well in front with only 10/15 minutes remaining. Take a good look at this because it may never ever be said again but cookstown did the decent thing conceding the re-fixture.  As I said not many a man said that about cookstown.  Just ask Clonoe  ;D ;D

No doubt they done the honourable thing however from memory if the game had finished when sluddden got the injury cooktown would be minus another 8 points leaving the score difference between them and Carmen much tighter and decisive at this stage of the season so really the conceding of points has helped cookstown has it not?

Tyrone Gaa

Clonoe won't draw these ifs and buts won't happen. I've been told Moy have finished up for the year they will play the game but the team that plays tomorrow will be a makeshift team to see the year out. If Clonoe want the points all they have to do is turn up. Sean Cavanagh went off last week injured can't see him playing. Moy are in holiday mode.
Living the dream!!!

clarshack

stewartstown 4-4 galbally 2-4 in div 2 tonight. gareth devlin with 3-0 for the harps.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: clarshack on November 02, 2013, 08:05:55 PM
stewartstown 4-4 galbally 2-4 in div 2 tonight. gareth devlin with 3-0 for the harps.

First fix of the weekend shame on stewartstown it was meant to be a draw. Comical.

Boghopper

Hope Dungannon make an effort tomorrow for our sake though wouldn't be surprised if they didn't, I wonder though when the CCC envisage the play offs being concluded? There are two more rounds in div 3 to play which could mean that the Div 3 play offs won't be concluded until early December.

RandyDupree

How do these fixes happen?
Agreement between managers?
Does the ref become involved?
Are the players fully aware?

SkillfulBill

Quote from: RandyDupree on November 02, 2013, 11:09:37 PM
How do these fixes happen?
Agreement between managers?
Does the ref become involved?
Are the players fully aware?

1.Phones/one to ones
2.Yes
3.No but usually aware of it
4.Yes

By the way just about every club is at it at the end of the season.
Clubs agree to it because the shoe may be on the other foot next season.
Horrible stuff.