Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on October 31, 2013, 12:06:30 AM
I hear Kildress play moortown at home in reserve championship. Anyone know any different?

The Tyrone website and the fixtures sent out on Sunday night have us at home this Saturday in the res SF. However the TCB have since sent out another communique stating that games will be at a neutral venue this Saturday, and that venues will be communicated on Weds.

I don't think anything has been sent out yet though re that.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

rrhf

Under lights would ye leave the lad alone?

Tyrone Gaa

Hunky Dorys Reserve Knockout Semi-finals Saturday 2nd Nov @ 2pm

Ardboe V Coalisland in Brockagh

Cookstown Fr Rocks V Clonoe O'Rahilly's CLG in Moy

Pomeroy Plunketts V Rock St Patrick's in Dunmoyle

Kildress Wolfe Tones V Moortown St Malachy's in TBC

Fintona Na Piarsaigh v Loughmacrory St Teresa's in Garvaghey

Owen Roes O'Neills GAC V Tattyreagh St Patrick's in Castlederg
Living the dream!!!

Cosmic Fool

I fancy some strange results in div 1 & 2 this weekend. I reckon it will end up with trillick and greencastle in relegation playoff even though trillick will beat Carmen!

This leaves top 4 sorted with Cookstown holding on to 4th in div 1.

The most interesting match in my eyes is Edendork v Kildress in div 2 as the winner takes last promo place. The most interesting thing about this match is that I hear a rumour that neither wish to win and enter the playoffs!

What way does a game go if both teams want to lose????:-\

Wee Roddy

Can anyone confirm to me what happens if both Carrickmore and Cookstown win?

orangeman

You only think you've something to complain about - try this - Clare CCC have taken it to a new level.

CLARE'S club football backlog has finally been solved after all five teams involved agreed to play the county final just 24 hours before the county champions are due to compete in the Munster club SFC championship.

After a deadlock earlier this week it has finally been agreed that – whoever is involved – the county SFC final will take place on Saturday, November 16 and the winners will play against the champions of Waterford or Limerick in Munster the next day.

The problem occurred when the county SFC quarter-final between Cooraclare and Doonbeg did not go ahead last weekend.

Cooraclare did not turn up due to the funeral of a parent of one of their players. The county board insisted the fixture go ahead but Doonbeg, despite doing a warm-up, did not line out or present a team-sheet to the referee and then issued a statement saying they did not want to receive a walkover.

With Munster adamant that their schedule could not be changed, Clare, originally due to have their county football final on November 10, were caught in a bind and needed the clubs to make some compromise.

The Doonbeg versus Cooraclare quarter-final will now take place tomorrow in Kilmihil and the winner will play Lissycassey on Saturday week.

The other football semi-final – between Cratloe and Eire Og – was already tabled to go ahead this Sunday in Clarecastle.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 01, 2013, 09:22:40 AM

If both get same result and these 2 finish level on points then it will go on head to head. As they drew this game then it should go on scoring difference, Cookstown have +45 to Carrickmore's +34, which would put Cookstown in the last play off spot, unless Carrickmore's winning margin is 10 more than Cookstown's.

Could complicate things if Clonoe drop points away to Moy but can't see it.

nrico2006

Quote from: winghalfback on October 30, 2013, 04:24:40 PM
did cathal mc carron get a transfer to london team round towers. if so how as he has played league and championship for dromore

He is able to transfer and play for another club in the same season, probably just can't play championship in London (which is probably over anyway).  Did any criminal proceedings come from his alleged criminal activities?   
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nrico2006

Quote from: Under Lights on October 29, 2013, 11:53:55 AM

Who won the intermediate and junior championships in 1996?
Carrickmore won the senior championship.
Clann na nGael were formed this year- they won promotion the following year.

Talk to me.

I think Clan Na Gael won the Junior in 97 followed by the intermediate in 98.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 01, 2013, 10:12:45 AM

If both get same result and these 2 finish level on points then it will go on head to head. As they drew this game then it should go on scoring difference, Cookstown have +45 to Carrickmore's +34, which would put Cookstown in the last play off spot, unless Carrickmore's winning margin is 10 more than Cookstown's.

Are you sure about that because at Youth level this would end in a play off for the last spot pts diff only used to determine placings and not for qualifications if the head to head is drawn.

Under Lights

Quote from: SkillfulBill on November 01, 2013, 10:24:57 AM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 01, 2013, 10:12:45 AM

Are you sure about that because at Youth level this would end in a play off for the last spot pts diff only used to determine placings and not for qualifications if the head to head is drawn.

I can confirm what Archie said is correct. 100%

Wee Roddy

Yes this may be through but is there not a bylaw that if there was a concession of points that there would be playoffs. Cookstown conceded against Dromore so therefore score difference would be void would it not?

Wee Roddy

so perhaps Archie is not correct. 0% ;)

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 01, 2013, 11:12:29 AM
Yes this may be through but is there not a bylaw that if there was a concession of points that there would be playoffs. Cookstown conceded against Dromore so therefore score difference would be void would it not?

That may be correct, or it might just relate to relegation matters or when promotion is at stake.

It shouldn't even matter as the team who finishes top should win the league, end of. Whoever finishes top in Div 2 and 3 win the league so why not do the same in Div 1? Its not as if the County Board are going to get a big gate for 3 extra games.