Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: MCO on October 29, 2013, 12:45:21 PM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on October 29, 2013, 11:21:21 AM
Who appoints referees? For a major championship fixture should a referee from a team's neighbouring parish be appointed or would that be a regular occurence?

Or better still a man from a neighbouring parish who spent all of his youth growing up in that neighbouring parish, eg Huson (Galbally/Carrickmore) appointed to referee a semi final of the championship that Carrickmore were playing in.... :o :o :o

I was at that game and thought he was Ok. Certainly did not effect the outcome.

Wee Roddy

Sean Hurson did a good job of that game. He got slated by some Carrickmore people on the night for not giving frees to our forwards that other refs may have given but he was consistent which is fair enough. I am not one for being sore on refs but Rambo is very very poor, in fact rank is a better word. I have heard there was pressure put on O'Brein after the balls a referee made of a championship semi last year to demote him, which was duly done. I expect the same to happen with Rambo this year as every club is giving out about him. He took clean out in a league match between Errigal and Carmen this year and no one knew what he was going to do, perhaps even him

clarshack

i always thought mccallion wasnt too bad tbh. certainly would rather have seen him coming through the gates to referee a game than the likes of hurson, brady, mcconnell, mcelroy.....

Wee Roddy

Brady >:( >:( >:( >:( I forgot about him. He is worse again

bigtogs

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on October 29, 2013, 12:37:12 PM
Decided to wait a day before posting to making sure that I did not post something stupid in the heat of the moment. On mature reflection I can safely say that I have never, and I mean never in my entire life associated with our games, have I ever witnessed such an inept, incompetent and an insulting performance from Brian Mc Callion on Sunday in Cookstown. Both set of players deserve immense credit for not allowing this ref to bring this game into disrepute. My heart is heavy at the thought of having officials referee at that standard. Refs have a tough job, no doubt, and they will always have my support, even though we give out at the game time, but when that's over you know their decent honourable people, but this was something I have never experienced, or wish to again. I just can't get over what I saw.

100% spot very disapointing, but sadly there is no machanism of any sort of sensible debate anywhere to ensure the like off what we seen on sunday ever happens again....never im my life and i mean never have i thought to myself for if i had a son playing on sunday i would have no quim or quam on going to the management and requesting him to substitued for his own safety!! I played 80/90's when the game was hard and fair what i seen on sunday was disgusting and makes me feel very bitter!!

Moortown Spuds

bigtogs

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on October 29, 2013, 01:42:18 PM
What actually happened?

Rambo just lost the plot!! everything that could actually happen did happen... not going to come on here and say Clonoe where angels that was not the case...... but when  a referee give's you no protection of any sort and i really mean that, you have to take some action to protect yourself.... This is what happened to start in all off.... Clonoe corner back and cookstown forward where jostling Cookstown corner forward on 3 occassions tried to headbutt him, Clonoe corner back i would think for his own safety grabbed him by the chest area and held on... the ref had one umpire who he consulted he came out booked 2 clonoe men and straight red carded the Cookstown man who in turn gave him a serious ammount off verbal ref then red carded him again..yes 2 red cards...after that the  ref just filled them in my opinion the partisan home crowd  and the "threat" from red carded player got too him and he got afraid... So he just let cookstown do what they wanted unpunished.. I do not blame cookstown as they pushed as far as the ref allowed them!!

Tommo2

Quote from: Under Lights on October 29, 2013, 12:26:48 PM

Senior Championship- Carrickmore
Intermediate Championship- Killyclogher
Junior Championship- Brackaville

Intermediate League- Killyclogher

European Championship- Germany
Ulster- Tyrone
All Ireland- Meath after the brawl with Mayo.

Killyclogher didnt win the intermediate championship. It was Donaghmore.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: bigtogs on October 29, 2013, 01:56:52 PM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on October 29, 2013, 01:42:18 PM
What actually happened?

Rambo just lost the plot!! everything that could actually happen did happen... not going to come on here and say Clonoe where angels that was not the case...... but when  a referee give's you no protection of any sort and i really mean that, you have to take some action to protect yourself.... This is what happened to start in all off.... Clonoe corner back and cookstown forward where jostling Cookstown corner forward on 3 occassions tried to headbutt him, Clonoe corner back i would think for his own safety grabbed him by the chest area and held on... the ref had one umpire who he consulted he came out booked 2 clonoe men and straight red carded the Cookstown man who in turn gave him a serious ammount off verbal ref then red carded him again..yes 2 red cards...after that the  ref just filled them in my opinion the partisan home crowd  and the "threat" from red carded player got too him and he got afraid... So he just let cookstown do what they wanted unpunished.. I do not blame cookstown as they pushed as far as the ref allowed them!!
How many of the cards were straight reds and how many double yellows?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

hugh the root

Rambo seems to be the Referee where controversy is sure to happen.I thought the Tyrone county board would have made him step down after the press coverage into last years minor final.Instead they have rewarded which makes him feel he is somebody.i would nt even give this guy a job as a traffic warden as he would nt last 2 days.Rambo son you are no longer a celebrity referee.....go before you do further damage and take wee Paddy O Brien with you.

hugh the root

Was at the coalisland clonoe game anocht. The Rahillys are one hell of a team.Quite obvious that Rambo was well away from the action:probably at home making halloween masks.

Man Marker

Quote from: referee on October 29, 2013, 08:37:55 PM
Went to the cookstown and clonoe game on sunday, to watch clonoe who are worthy county champs,but what I seen,you can't blame the ref,granted he hadn't a great game but players didn't help him and certainly not clonoes manager at half time [loads of abuse directed at ref].Clonoe had 4 men lined for 2 yellows and nobody to blame only themselves,Cookstowns player could have no complaints either for the two yellows he got,1st clumsy tackle,2nd when he got involved with c/back,over all a bad game

Wasn't going to mention the game, it has nothing to do with me, just went to see it it was handy, but that post, what were you watching.
I was at the game too and the reason he got at the ref was because a retired Tyrone player had head butted a Clonoe player approx 10 Yards from the ref and the ref did nothing about it. I thought it was very obvious to all why he was at the ref, wouldn't anyone.

bigtogs

Quote from: referee on October 29, 2013, 08:37:55 PM
Went to the cookstown and clonoe game on sunday, to watch clonoe who are worthy county champs,but what I seen,you can't blame the ref,granted he hadn't a great game but players didn't help him and certainly not clonoes manager at half time [loads of abuse directed at ref].Clonoe had 4 men lined for 2 yellows and nobody to blame only themselves,Cookstowns player could have no complaints either for the two yellows he got,1st clumsy tackle,2nd when he got involved with c/back,over all a bad game

cookstown player got 2 red cards.. where you at the game?... if so it is strange you did not see that as it is a very strange thing to happen a player too yet 2 red cards!!!

giveherlong

What will be the state of play for relegations and play offs after Sundays games? Will everything be confirmed or will Gortin/eskra fixture come into play? Will a win for lough claim the div 3 league?

ONeill

Does the winner of Edendork/Kildress reach the play-offs?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.