Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Man Marker on September 07, 2013, 11:41:04 PM
I have not seen a game like this in a long time, how did Trillick manage to loose this and how did Arboe manage to get a draw. The Arboe management should be bitch slapped setting up Arboe like that, and have been all year, horrible. Trillick were worth 5/6 points a better team on the night. Brennan on Kyle Coney, he destroyed him. Mattie Donnelly outstanding 1st half. Big Mc Conville won a lot of ball the last 15 for Arboe, he was very important to getting into the game, but I might add he was helped by one of the stupidest keepers who in his wisdom decided to kick ball down his throat in this period. Trillick how did you loose that game!!!

It's Ardboe  ;)

Christmas Lights

Quote from: EC Unique on September 09, 2013, 10:30:16 AM

Hunky Dorys Tyrone SFC QFs

Coalisland v Cookstown/An Charraig Mhor
Killyclogher/Moy v Trillick/Ardboe
Dromore/Errigal v Augher
Omagh/Clonoe v Eglish

Hunky Dorys Tyrone IFC QFs

Urney/Clann na nGael v Galbally
Aghyaran/Moortown v Derrytresk/Rock
Stewartstown v Brackaville
Strabane/Pomeroy v Eskra/Edendork

Hunky Dorys Tyrone JFC QFs

Glenelly/Newtownstewart v Tattyreagh
Aghaloo/ Fintona v Killeeshil
Owen Roes v Loughmacrory/Brocagh
Killyman v Drumragh

Wow, some very tasty quarter final ties there, Carrickmore and Coalisland is mouthwatering and Dromore vs Augher is an interesting tie also.
In D2, the winner of the whole thing in my opinion could come from the Urney vs Galbally game.
Stewartstown and Brackaville shopuld be fiesty but would expect Stewartstown greater experinece to see them over the line.
Aghaloo vs Killeeshil should be a cracker also, local derby. 
Championship football is great  :)

sam03/05

Why was the draw made this weekend? This gives an unfair advantage to the teams who won this weekend. They can now go along and watch who they will play next.
Every club should be treated equal and none should get an advantage.
The draw should have been done this Sunday night after all games were played (as is usually done).

I can't see why this was done, it won't speed up anything, as we will still have to wait for venues etc to be announced next week.
Poor decision.

Man Marker

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 09, 2013, 03:44:39 PM
Quote from: Man Marker on September 07, 2013, 11:41:04 PM
I have not seen a game like this in a long time, how did Trillick manage to loose this and how did Arboe manage to get a draw. The Arboe management should be bitch slapped setting up Arboe like that, and have been all year, horrible. Trillick were worth 5/6 points a better team on the night. Brennan on Kyle Coney, he destroyed him. Mattie Donnelly outstanding 1st half. Big Mc Conville won a lot of ball the last 15 for Arboe, he was very important to getting into the game, but I might add he was helped by one of the stupidest keepers who in his wisdom decided to kick ball down his throat in this period. Trillick how did you loose that game!!!

It's Ardboe  ;)

Well, tell me about that way your team is set up? Whats that all about

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: clarshack on September 09, 2013, 02:46:48 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 09, 2013, 02:20:07 PM
Quote from: clarshack on September 09, 2013, 12:54:55 PM
thought we did well yesterday against kildress and had a strong 2nd half showing - compared to a lot of our league games this season in which we have died in the 2nd half.

think we finished the game with 5 minors playing which augurs well for the future.

what did others think of the ref?

brackaville will be very tough opposition in the 1/4 finals, they should have been beat by pomeroy and dungannon in recent games but they hung in there and got the results needed. the roes will also be looking to avenge the championship defeat from 3 years ago. should be a great game!

Gareth Devlin the star of the show reading reports?

i thought mickey mulgrew at midfield was motm.

yes gareth played well too and kildress probably have a right to feel aggrieved that he was playing, but it wasnt our fault.
the trillick ref in league game v rock put down the wrong devlin in his report and therefore cathal devlin (an important player for us too) has had to serve the 4 week suspension instead.

our club came clean to the county board and said that it should be gareth that should serve the suspension - but they said nothing could be done about it as gareth wasn't the one cited in the report.

Congratulations to stewartstown and Kildress certainly won't be complaining about Gareth Devlin incident earlier in the season. We Simply weren't good enough on the day.

I was talking to some players from our club though and from what they said s' town behaviour was unbelievable! Good luck to them but at the end of the day there's a line when winnings involved and u shouldn't cross it!

rrhf

Quote from: sam03/05 on September 09, 2013, 06:21:12 PM
Why was the draw made this weekend? This gives an unfair advantage to the teams who won this weekend. They can now go along and watch who they will play next.
The draw should have been done this Sunday night after all games were played (as is usually done).

I can't see why this was done, it won't speed up anything, as we will still have to wait for venues etc to be announced next week.
Poor decision.
They weren't the Mickey Mouse teams from the week before, so they'd be expected to win anyway.

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on September 09, 2013, 08:55:08 PM
thought we did well yesterday against kildress and had a strong 2nd half showing - compared to a lot of our league games this season in which we have died in the 2nd half.

think we finished the game with 5 minors playing which augurs well for the future.

brackaville will be very tough opposition in the 1/4 finals, they should have been beat by pomeroy and dungannon in recent games but they hung in there and got the results needed. the roes will also be looking to avenge the championship defeat from 3 years ago. should be a great game!

yes gareth played well too and kildress probably have a right to feel aggrieved that he was playing, but it wasnt our fault.
the trillick ref in league game v rock put down the wrong devlin in his report and therefore cathal devlin (an important player for us too) has had to serve the 4 week suspension instead.

our club came clean to the county board and said that it should be gareth that should serve the suspension - but they said nothing could be done about it as gareth wasn't the one cited in the report.

Congratulations to stewartstown and Kildress certainly won't be complaining about Gareth Devlin incident earlier in the season. We Simply weren't good enough on the day.

I was talking to some players from our club though and from what they said s' town behaviour was unbelievable! Good luck to them but at the end of the day there's a line when winnings involved and u shouldn't cross it!

Brolly wannabe!!!!

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on September 09, 2013, 10:13:49 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on September 09, 2013, 08:55:08 PM

Brolly wannabe!!!!

Inspired post - care to elaborate?

blewuporstuffed

Poor decision.
i dont really understand whats going on here either.
why make the draw unless they were going to fix some of the games?

will there be championship games the AI final weekend?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

LeoMc

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 10, 2013, 11:30:17 AM

Poor decision.

Making the draw has not achieved anything.
Killyclogher v Trillick would be a very different venue than Moy v Ardboe
Same with Omagh v Eglish as opposed to Clonoe v Eglish.

everymanaman

Quote from: LeoMc on September 10, 2013, 11:38:00 AM

Poor decision.

I think every game would be different if different teams were playing each other

LeoMc

Quote from: everymanaman on September 10, 2013, 04:01:33 PM

Poor decision.

I think every game would be different if different teams were playing each other

That is my point, making the draw early does not allow any forward planning in terms of setting venues, dates and times. It only gives an advantage to those teams through in week 1 as they have the luxury of watching their opponents.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: LeoMc on September 11, 2013, 08:57:51 AM
Quote from: everymanaman on September 10, 2013, 04:01:33 PM

Poor decision.

That is my point, making the draw early does not allow any forward planning in terms of setting venues, dates and times. It only gives an advantage to those teams through in week 1 as they have the luxury of watching their opponents.

Excellent point, welll made LeoMco

blewuporstuffed

The only one that the venue would probably stay the same no matter which team goes through is the dromore/errigal v augher tie.  But they haven't fixed it either.  :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Man Marker

Not surprised at all by that result. The big pitch completely put Ardboes' methods playing to the sword, didn't have the runners to compliment the defensive set up.