Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

It'd be great if one of these clubs went onto win the Ulster Club, start out now with that ambition.

rrhf

hows she cutting

rrhf do you really think Dromore have the pedigree to win Ulster?

how are your lads shaping up for the Augher game?

EC Unique

Quote from: Aaron Boone on September 05, 2013, 11:22:02 PM
It'd be great if one of these clubs went onto win the Ulster Club, start out now with that ambition.

We all know there is only one club with the class to win Ulster.. ;)

Have to agree with RRHF in that Errigal will struggle. With the retirement of Enda, the loss of others to injury and leaving the country we have a much changed team to the Championship winning team of last year. 5 of the team that started the county final are unavailable.

supersarsfields

History made last night with the first Championship game held in Garvaghy. In fact I think someone mentioned that it was the first competitive game held there. Drumragh beat Drumquin 1-10 to 0-9. No dug outs and no outside taps was a bit of a balls, but good to get a game up there and even better to get the win. 

WeeDonns

Quote from: supersarsfields on September 06, 2013, 09:54:07 AM
History made last night with the first Championship game held in Garvaghy. In fact I think someone mentioned that it was the first competitive game held there. Drumragh beat Beragh 1-10 to 0-9. No dug outs and no outside taps was a bit of a balls, but good to get a game up there and even better to get the win. 
Drumquin. Drumragh beat Drumquin. ::)

Great set-up up there, obviously still a few things to finish. Surfaces look great.
Someone mentioned last night that they're going to build a stand for 5000? Any truth in that as I don't really see the need!

supersarsfields

rrhf

I think the more clubs use it the club Tyrone prescriptions will rise and the more buy into it. Great for the clubs to play games there. Win win

supersub

Eglish v Greencastle tonight lads, will Eglish come through this ok? Looking at them here 4/7 on PP

EC Unique

Quote from: WeeDonns on September 06, 2013, 10:00:01 AM
History made last night with the first Championship game held in Garvaghy. In fact I think someone mentioned that it was the first competitive game held there. Drumragh beat Beragh 1-10 to 0-9. No dug outs and no outside taps was a bit of a balls, but good to get a game up there and even better to get the win. 

Great set-up up there, obviously still a few things to finish. Surfaces look great.
Someone mentioned last night that they're going to build a stand for 5000? Any truth in that as I don't really see the need!

A stand would be a good idea if there are going to be a few Championship games there. Also there may be the odd time when naughty clubs have to play each other at neutral grounds! ;)

blewuporstuffed

they were 4/6 on PP yestreday so must be a wee bit of money for them.
i fancy them to beat greencastle
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: EC Unique on September 06, 2013, 11:08:14 AM
Quote from: WeeDonns on September 06, 2013, 10:00:01 AM

A stand would be a good idea if there are going to be a few Championship games there. Also there may be the odd time when naughty clubs have to play each other at neutral grounds! ;)
if we are going to play the championship in september & october every year another championship venue to play night games under lights would be useful!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

supersub

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 06, 2013, 11:09:02 AM
they were 4/6 on PP yestreday so must be a wee bit of money for them.
i fancy them to beat greencastle

I see, cheers.

inroundthesquare

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on September 05, 2013, 07:04:55 PM
Enda clarke of greencastle would be a better club midfielder than cassidy for a start.
Can see donaghmore beating augher, after all augher are like the aghyarn of old really only performing at home.
Forward line is questionable to with cloghers darragh kavanagh being their chief marksman but from seeing him for omagh cbs, st ciarans ballygawley and tyrone minors he is very easily curtailed.
Jamie Donnelly is arguably the best free kick taker in tyrone but can frequently be uninvolved in open play, while darragh donnelly has gone back alot from his tyrone minor form of 2010.
So can't look past a rejuvanated donaghmore team.

Agree about Augher's forward line being light but only perform at home? They did get two away wins at Derrylaughan and Killyclogher and two draws at Trillick and Coalisland so that's 6 out of their 12 points so far.

The Trap

Greencastle v Eglish 8.30pm Fri 6th Sept Omagh - Neither team going well, big chance for both to get rare senior championship win, possibly Greencastle first - close but go for Eglish           

Augher v Donaghmore 6pm Sat 7th Loughmacrory - On form Augher but they did not have a good record in Intermediate championhsip football. Donaghmore may be missing players so will go for Augher       

Trillick v Ardboe 6pm Sat 7th Pomeroy  - Trillick are better than most think and Ardboe need to prove they are back up among the elite - Ardboe narrowly                           

Derrylaughan v Coalisland 6pm Sun 8th Edendork - Coalisland           

Cookstown v An Charraig Mhor 8.30pm Fri 13th Omagh - Can Cookstown do it? I suspect that they will need to be on top of their game and an inconsistent Carrickmore team to have an off day.....how many off days do they have in the championship though......Carrickmore to win     

Killyclogher v Moy 5.45pm Sat 14th Galbally - Killyclogher doing well and if they curtail Sean they will win - Killyclogher                     

Clonoe v Omagh 3pm Sun 15th Dunmoyle - Hardest to call as Omagh have had 6 players on county panel and are very hard to judge - surely they have the players to make a breakthrough but i think Clonoe will be very keen to avenge last years defeat and i think they may just do it - Clonoe                       

Dromore v Errigal Ciaran 6.15pm Sun 15th Carrickmore - Enda will be a massive loss to Errigal and this swings the balance in favour of a strong Dromore team - Dromore 

Galbally v Gortin    4.30pm   Sat 7th   Loughmacrory - Gortin won last year but Mossey playing for a club in London will be a big loss and makes Galbally favourites as they are in better form this year - Galbally

Brackaville v Dungannon   4.30 pm   Sat 7th   Pomeroy - Close to call - both clubs taking to Intermediate well - Brackaville have better record in championship but i will go for the Clarkes this time.

Stewartstown v Kildress   DRAW  4.30pm   Sun 8th   Edendork - Another very close tie - Kildress have struggled but had a good win in last game while Stewartstown are a big strong side and may take advantage of the fact that Gareth Devlin is playing even though he got sent off recently according to Clarshack! Stewartstown

Pomeroy v Strabane   8.00pm   Sun 8th   Omagh - One of the best teams on their day Pomeroy have fallen away badly in championship in recent years - Strabane have not done well in championship either so something will have to give. Maybe the fact that Pomeroy are in U21 final will quench their hunger and Strabane may come through - Strabane

Eskra v Edendork   4.15pm   Sat 14th   Galbally - Not getting any easier to predict, Edendork won this league clash well but Morgan will be a big loss - winners of this game will have a good chance of going all the way - Edendork just

Clann na nGael v Urney   5.45pm   Sat 14th   Strabane - Urney should win this won handy

Derrytresk v Rock   1.30pm   Sun 15th   Dunmoyle - Rock having surprisingly poor year and are in big danger of going down - Derrytresk had a lot players away in the summer but should all be back and if they get back to their early season form they may come through - Derrytresk

Aghyaran v Moortown   4.45pm   Sun 15th   Carrickmore - This may be closer than imagined but still expect Moortwon to win.