Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Quote from: Tommo2 on October 26, 2012, 08:14:07 AM
I remeber yrs ago when errigal played donaghmore in a championship match and paudge quinn was managing donaghmore. Some errigal people were not happy thta one of their own could take a team against errigal. If mcguckin said to the errigal committee at the start of the year that he would not manage against his own club, the there is no issue. Fair play to him. I think its the right thing to do, as long as the committee knew at the start of the year.
Yeah remember something about this, there was serious stick given to him & Leo, such irony

EC Unique

Quote from: rrhf on October 26, 2012, 10:08:46 PM
Quote from: Tommo2 on October 26, 2012, 08:14:07 AM
I remeber yrs ago when errigal played donaghmore in a championship match and paudge quinn was managing donaghmore. Some errigal people were not happy thta one of their own could take a team against errigal. If mcguckin said to the errigal committee at the start of the year that he would not manage against his own club, the there is no issue. Fair play to him. I think its the right thing to do, as long as the committee knew at the start of the year.
Yeah remember something about this, there was serious stick given to him & Leo, such irony

Were Errigal championship pedigree that year RRHF?

rrhf

I think you were beat by Carmen in the final

Hotrocks

EC how come you lie .  He has been at training all week.

Norf Tyrone

Clann Na nGael beat Strabane by 3 or 4. Don't think Strabane scored in the 2nd half IIRC.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Pragmatist

I am now convinced that the naysayers have been right all along. For years I tried to promote the idea that we can improve players' decision-making on and off the ball, their movement off the ball, their positional sense, their timing of runs and their abilities to adapt to different game plans and attacking options. The truth is that for 90% of players we cannot!!
They bring with them their own inbuilt cerebral limitations for these skills and we can labour for as long as we want and convince ourselves we see glimmers of hope, but the fact is that they will revert to type more often than not.
Just get them as fit as possible, as well-conditioned as possible and as technically proficient as possible and forget the rest.

EC Unique

Quote from: Hotrocks on October 27, 2012, 04:04:46 PM
EC how come you lie .  He has been at training all week.

??

Errigal beat Derrylaughan to gain a place in the league play offs.

winghalfback

Quote from: Pragmatist on October 27, 2012, 04:34:42 PM
I am now convinced that the naysayers have been right all along. For years I tried to promote the idea that we can improve players' decision-making on and off the ball, their movement off the ball, their positional sense, their timing of runs and their abilities to adapt to different game plans and attacking options. The truth is that for 90% of players we cannot!!
They bring with them their own inbuilt cerebral limitations for these skills and we can labour for as long as we want and convince ourselves we see glimmers of hope, but the fact is that they will revert to type more often than not.
Just get them as fit as possible, as well-conditioned as possible and as technically proficient as possible and forget the rest.

You cant train a donkey to win the derby this much is true. However if you want to achieve the results you are after then the work has to start at under 8 10 and 12 level not at senior level and hope the player an change. The top clubs in Tyrone and throughout Ireland are the results of years of work at underage levels bringing up lads and lasses playing football the right way. Its about training the brain and muscle memory to do the right thing cos its the right thing to do, sure you get players who are special and others that are individuals but in essence they will still be team players. Errigal won the senior championship this year with a team that come up more or less together and were taught the right way Coalisland are another example of this Clonoe Dromore Cookstown Omagh are all the same. Teams up and coming that will be achieving success in the future with this youth structure in place will be the likes of owen roes moortown and stewartstown.

blewuporstuffed

when are these playoff games likely to be now? next weekend?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

ONeill

This Hill lost their captain and full back to a broken collar bone. Really bad news. They were capable of giving the division 1 status a quare rattle. Not as likely now.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

I think Sigersons scored a solitary point in the 2nd half Norf, and revenge will be sweet ONeill, early excuses or not (though best of luck to your captain)!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

Myles na gCopaleen, Paul Brady, Hugo Duncan, George Sigerson.......just practising.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

And forget neither Brian Ó Nualláin nor Flann O'Brien either!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Norf Tyrone

For the record O Neill, George Sigerson was from Holyhill, which is in the parish of Leckpatrick.

Just saying like!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

clarshack

Quote from: winghalfback on October 27, 2012, 05:49:32 PM
Quote from: Pragmatist on October 27, 2012, 04:34:42 PM

You cant train a donkey to win the derby this much is true. However if you want to achieve the results you are after then the work has to start at under 8 10 and 12 level not at senior level and hope the player an change. The top clubs in Tyrone and throughout Ireland are the results of years of work at underage levels bringing up lads and lasses playing football the right way. Its about training the brain and muscle memory to do the right thing cos its the right thing to do, sure you get players who are special and others that are individuals but in essence they will still be team players. Errigal won the senior championship this year with a team that come up more or less together and were taught the right way Coalisland are another example of this Clonoe Dromore Cookstown Omagh are all the same. Teams up and coming that will be achieving success in the future with this youth structure in place will be the likes of owen roes moortown and stewartstown.

we beat a very physical eglish team to complete the grade 2 minor double today.

score was 0-9 to 1-5.

it caps a great year at youth level for us, and with 11 of the starting team underage again next year hopefully we can give the grade 1 minor championship a go.

also 8 of the starting team today are still u-16.