Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club Rossa

I'm sure EC Unique will give you an answer to your question ;D

Dell

Who ever writes the player ratings in the Tyrone Herald mustn't have been at the game O'Hara was the Dromore star man!!!!!! He was roasted. How the Dromore management didn't move him off McRory sooner is hard to believe.
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

blewuporstuffed

I thought Ricey or sludden  were prob dromores best players, but most of the big performances were on the errigal side. Enda, Davey Harte and aidy mccrory. Ronan mcrory was a threat also, but kicked some bad wides as well
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

EC Unique

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on October 08, 2012, 05:34:08 PM
There's something likeable about Errigal and always has been. I mind in '93 going to the Athletic Grounds to cheer them on in what I think was an Ulster Final against Downpatrick?

Why are they likeable compared to the other big successul sides?

Errigal have been blessed with some very exciting and highly talented players over the last 20 years. We tend to play attack minded football where as some other teams in Tyrone seem to be more worried about defending the opposition.

LeoMc

Quote from: Dell on October 08, 2012, 06:27:09 PM
Who ever writes the player ratings in the Tyrone Herald mustn't have been at the game O'Hara was the Dromore star man!!!!!! He was roasted. How the Dromore management didn't move him off McRory sooner is hard to believe.

Thought that too, McRory had the beating of O'Hara every time. I thought Ricey and Sean O'Neill were 2 of Dromores better players while Fabian O'Neill, Sludden and McCusker all had great battles with their men. McGinleys had great performances while the Hartes had great second halfs.

nrico2006

There's something likeable about Errigal and always has been. I mind in '93 going to the Athletic Grounds to cheer them on in what I think was an Ulster Final against Downpatrick?

There definitely is.  I mind going to the County final in 93 or 94 when I was only about 10 as my da was friends with Damian Mallon.  Have always liked them since then and even the Errigal players that have represented Tyrone over the years are among the most likeable.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

trileacman

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 09, 2012, 09:47:29 AM

There definitely is.  I mind going to the County final in 93 or 94 when I was only about 10 as my da was friends with Damian Mallon.  Have always liked them since then and even the Errigal players that have represented Tyrone over the years are among the most likeable.

They lack that cynical edge most succcessful teams have (Dromore/ carrickmore) and a lot of there success is built upon having a classy forward line who can play good football. It would be no secret that down the years Errigal teams have often had forwards much superior to the defensive unit behind them.

You are right about the county thing too, honest skillful players who hardly ever created negative press during their county spell (Devine, Hartes, Canavans, McGinleys). Compare that with the record of McMenamin, Jordan, Cavanagh or Brian McGuigan.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

orangeman

Quote from: trileacman on October 09, 2012, 11:23:45 AM

They lack that cynical edge most succcessful teams have (Dromore/ carrickmore) and a lot of there success is built upon having a classy forward line who can play good football. It would be no secret that down the years Errigal teams have often had forwards much superior to the defensive unit behind them.

You are right about the county thing too, honest skillful players who hardly ever created negative press during their county spell (Devine, Hartes, Canavans, McGinleys).

Compare that with the record of McMenamin, Jordan, Cavanagh or Brian McGuigan.

I can't believe you've just written that.

parttimeexile

Quote from: orangeman on October 09, 2012, 11:26:16 AM

You are right about the county thing too, honest skillful players who hardly ever created negative press during their county spell (Devine, Hartes, Canavans, McGinleys).

Compare that with the record of McMenamin, Jordan, Cavanagh or Brian McGuigan.

I can't believe you've just written that.

I can't believe you haven't dried your eyes. This isnt a Tyrone/Armagh discussion, it's a Tyrone club football discussion. Thye have had some excellent footballers over the years who have represented their club and county with distinction.

tyssam5

You are right about the county thing too, honest skillful players who hardly ever created negative press during their county spell (Devine, Hartes, Canavans, McGinleys). Compare that with the record of McMenamin, Jordan, Cavanagh or Brian McGuigan.

First point true enough.
I think both Canavan's would have seen the line a few times in their day and certainly had a winning/cynical edge.

LeoMc

Quote from: tyssam5 on October 10, 2012, 07:25:53 AM

First point true enough.
I think both Canavan's would have seen the line a few times in their day and certainly had a winning/cynical edge.

All Trileacman had to say was McMenamin doesn't play for them. ;)

LeoMc

Quote from: blackball on October 08, 2012, 10:02:29 AM
some tea and orange juice drank around ballygawley last night!!

EC Unique

Quote from: LeoMc on October 10, 2012, 02:21:06 PM

Most of the boys sobered today for the first time since Sunday evening. ;D Some vomiting to be done at training tomorrow night I would say.

Tommo2

Quote from: EC Unique on October 10, 2012, 09:55:07 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on October 10, 2012, 02:21:06 PM

Most of the boys sobered today for the first time since Sunday evening. ;D Some vomiting to be done at training tomorrow night I would say.

Will Errigal be fielding a reserve team against Edendork this weekend?

The Trap

There will be a LOT of strange results over the next couple of weeks:

Ardboe v Eglish - Eglish to get points
Clonoe v Killyclogher - Killyclogher to get points
Errigle v Edendork - Edendork to get points
Kildress v Dromore - Kildress to get points
Galbally v Moy - Galbally to get points (Moy dont want promotion)
Gortin v Aghyaran - draw!