Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: Nally Stand on September 23, 2012, 12:52:06 PM
Aye and there was another man on the carmen team being treated for a possibly broken jaw in hospital after a striking incident. He might have bother feeding himself.
I wish him a speedy recovery.

Bugsy

I wasn't at the game but was hoping i'd read a little about it here.
Unfotunatly all i'm reading is BS about who did what to who. And those big bad (insert team) bullys.
There must have been some football played?

The Trap

Two games in Pomeroy yesetrday were poor - Cookstown won handy enough and Carrickmore brought their dark arts to another level, will they get away with their antics again? Agree with poster who couldnt believe Pete Harte got sent off, the lad tooks some abuse and got yellow carded for being fouled!!!! Same thing happened Rock lad in first game, he got took out of the play and ended up getting a second yellow!!!! Refs actually rewarding cynical play instead of trying to stamp it out???? Tyrone football is very poor at the moment, very few (if any) good forwards about.

Wee Roddy

Dark arts to a new level..explain this to me. I happen to know who the most foulded player on the field was who made this more infringments so its hard to understand your sentiments

everymanaman

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 24, 2012, 08:37:31 AM
Dark arts to a new level..explain this to me. I happen to know who the most foulded player on the field was who made this more infringments so its hard to understand your sentiments

'Most foulded player'- classic

Wee Roddy

Dell

Quote from: everymanaman on September 24, 2012, 09:02:16 AM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 24, 2012, 08:37:31 AM
I happen to know who the most fouled player on the field was....

Yes everyone who watched saturday nights game (bar the ref linesmen and umpires) know Peter Harte was the most fouled man. It was tag team WWE stuff for 60min  ;D
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

Tommo2

Didnt make the game on Saturday, but was Peter Harte good, or did the tagteam tactic limit his influence?

skeog

he was good mc guckian has put steel into errigals players must be favourites now for title some turn around for daisy could be in line for teamtalk award

Hereiam

Good to see Daisy back doing what he does best. Hope he keeps the head and sticks at it.

Sergeant Pluck

Long time follower, first time poster.  Didn't see Friday nights game but the senior game in Pomeroy Saturday wasn't a great advertisement for club football in Tyrone as said by previous posters.  As always, the ref comes in for stick.  I thought he had a good 1st half but lost control a bit in the 2nd.  He must be credited with the decisiveness to send McAleer off.  I was on the terrace side and it was clear that McAleer had done something nasty to Peter Harte, players reactions in these situations where something happens at close quarters on the ground tends not to be put on and David Harte had a similar reaction [edited by Mod3] a few minutes previously.  However, it must be difficult for a referee to spot so credit in this situation. [Edited by mod3]

For Errigal, Ciaran McGinley was lucky he didn't get a straight red rather than 2 yellows.   Hope that young McGurk isn't too badly hurt.  McGinley had been treading a fine line for a while and it's a surprise the Errigal management hadn't hauled him off before that as he was clearly destined for the line in some shape.  Carrickmore had been coming into the game more at the time of the bust up on the stand side and if they had of held their composure probably could have held out.  Was fair enough to let the quick free at the end but he did pull up one of the Carrickmore forwards earlier in the 2nd half when he was inside the 14 yard line and he should have let that go.  Errigal will be glad to get back to the county final.  They still lack sufficient scoring threat from open play but as evidenced by both semi finals you don't need to put huge scores on the board to win club championship games. 

Mod 3 Comment : This post has been edited due to the comments made in the first paragraph. Please be careful when alleging misconduct by named players.

Norf Tyrone

Our minor SF is fixed for 7pm in Healy Pk, so is that Dromore/ Killyclogher time right?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tommo2

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 25, 2012, 04:55:22 PM
Our minor SF is fixed for 7pm in Healy Pk, so is that Dromore/ Killyclogher time right?

It has been changed to 8.30pm. Just seen Paddy Power odds for Friday night:

Dromore 1/4 v Killyclogher 4/1         

Draw - 15/2   

EC Unique

Quote from: Tommo2 on September 25, 2012, 04:57:51 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 25, 2012, 04:55:22 PM

It has been changed to 8.30pm. Just seen Paddy Power odds for Friday night:

Dromore 1/4 v Killyclogher 4/1         

Draw - 15/2

Any outright championship odds?

sam03/05

Heard that Cookstown won't be fielding in the minor Championship v Ardboe on Sunday.
Right they are to, why should a game that was never finished be replayed in Ardboe.

thats the precident now - if you draw a championship game, refuse to play the extra time that the ref has called, and you will get a replay back at your pitch. Disgrace - Game should be in Cookstown or at very least a neutral venue.