Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winghalfback

Quote from: Tommo2 on September 07, 2012, 04:03:09 PM
Quote from: Club Rossa on September 07, 2012, 02:00:13 PM

Very hard to have any sympathy for Dromore when you listen to Paul McIver's interview with teamtalk after the game.
Ironic that he talks about the final nail in the coffin...

It was certainly a poor choice of words. Would anyone have any sympathy for Dromore? or has their behaviour over the years mean that sympathy would be in short supply?

Cant find this interview thats being talked about maybe mc ginn has taken it down from teamtalk

Sigersonbhoy

Nrico replied earlier that the case with our hurlers was different.
What happened was they had a player sent off at the kilmacud 7's.

They assumed that no suspension would be given as it was a tournament.

When they submitted there team for the programme for the following weeks junior final the question was asked by there opposition how we could name this player as he had been sent off the previous week.
An executive member of county board, who originally asked the question, told them by email that as the player in question was sent off in a tournament no suspension would apply.

They won the game and 2 days before their Ulster club game they recieved an email that the player got a 4 week suspension(this notification was sent out 5 weeks after the incident and 4 weeks after the final) and that they were though out of ulster.
There opponents had made the county board aware of the player being sent of but as they didn't put in an official objection the penalty was "forfeiture of game without award to opponent. The player in question also got a 24 week ban.
It was appealed but turned down, the email from the county board official was deemed irrelevant and they were told the onus is always on the player to check his eligibility.

This is very similar to the Dromore case as I believe Ardboe haven't lodged an appeal.
Surely the same rules have to be applied and Dromore are through out with Ardboe not getting back in! This would mean 1 team receiving a bye to the final.

rrhf

Jeez and donaghmore had stopped training

Puckoon

Tommo2

Any word on the dromore meeting.  Think the meeting was at 3pm or so.

clarshack

moortown won the plate final in the ulster og sport today in stewartstown. they beat killeavey 1-7 to 0-5 in the final.

glen (maghera) beat rostrevor in the shield (main event) by 2-9 to 2-4.

Club Rossa

I hear that Dromore got fined but are still in the cship.Ardboe haven't got official confirmation on that yet but that's the story doing the rounds at the minute.

Carmen Stateside

Great win for Carrickmore today in Pomeroy. 1-12 1-8.

barelegs

Brackaville 0-14 Brocagh 1-8

Che O'Donnell was sensational for Brackaville. I think he got 8 points in total. Even the frees he scored he was winning having been fouled. For a lad who is still eligible for minor again next year he was impressive. He was probably the difference between the sides.

Carrickmore were probably value for their win tonight. I'm not sure why Coalisland persisted with the long ball when it wasn't working. Stephen McNally not for the first time was very impressive for the Fianna. Still can't work out why he never got a chance with the county this year. Young Munroe really stepped up for Carmen. There's alot more pace in their side this year, they'll take a fair bit of stopping.

clarshack

Quote from: Club Rossa on September 08, 2012, 07:05:08 PM
I hear that Dromore got fined but are still in the cship.Ardboe haven't got official confirmation on that yet but that's the story doing the rounds at the minute.

scandalous if true.

Hashtag

Who done all the scoring for both teams. Couldn't make it to the match tonight. Been poorly all day. Woke up with a sore head, then had to go ref an under 10 blitz, this didn't help my head. I came home. Bite to eat. Lay down for an hour. Just wasn't up to going to the game then. Made home made chips and put on a pizza for during xfactor, but I would still like to know who done the scoring.

DoYerJob Linesman

The first sentence would probably have sufficed there.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

inthesquare

Any confirmation from ardboe or dromore on outcome of the county board meeting?

trileacman

Quote from: inthesquare on September 08, 2012, 09:53:27 PM
Any confirmation from ardboe or dromore on outcome of the county board meeting?

A simple fine is the word going round, nothing official yet, Ardboe are gonna lose the plot.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Norf Tyrone

Why did Dromore not field in today's minor quarter final?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone