Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wee Roddy

Can someone tel me the logic in reserve championship matches at 7pm on a Friday night? Carmen have to go to Trillick and i know you may say its only 45 minutes from Carmen but how many players be home from work in time to make Trillick in reasonable time to get ready for a match. What is wrong with Saturday evening early?

Hashtag

Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 23, 2012, 11:27:23 AM
Can someone tel me the logic in reserve championship matches at 7pm on a Friday night? Carmen have to go to Trillick and i know you may say its only 45 minutes from Carmen but how many players be home from work in time to make Trillick in reasonable time to get ready for a match. What is wrong with Saturday evening early?

Would imagine the fixture early Sunday morning rules Saturday evening games out. Do you want lads playing two games- one on Saturday night then again 12 noon Sunday? Friday night seems most logical.

Radda bout yeee

I was at the Kildress game - no one could understand why ET was being played considering how dark it had already gotten at full time. By the second half of ET it was nearly impossible to see what was going on out on the pitch! All very stupid I thought. The ref in general was poor.

Out of interest I would like an opinion on Pomeroy goal last night:
Player rounds keeper to take a shot for goal and a defender catches the ball and runs out with it. Looks very close to the line but impossible to see from my position in stand and I would say nearly impossible for ref to tell standing approx 35 yards away. Pomeroy umpire gives a goal whilst Kildress umpire clearly demonstrates that it wasn't. Ref takes a while as play goes on and then awards a goal. Can the ref take the word of an umpire who isn't independent???

Club Rossa

I would imagine it would be hard to give the goal unless both umpires are in agreeance,but there you go.Who was the ref?

Radda bout yeee

Don't know who he was I've seen him ref a few times.
I know the refs decision is final and the lads and supporters didn't seem to give him too much bother about it after the event but I was just puzzled that he would choose to believe one umpire over the other. Didn't it use to be when there was a square ball the umpire could call it until it was changed that only the ref could call to save biased square ball calls? Surely same principle applies!

Anyway I'll dry me eyes and wait for goal Line technology in club football!

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 23, 2012, 11:27:23 AM

There has been senior championship games played this last few Friday words and not a word about it  ???

Best night to play a championship match in my opinion.

caraghtyrone

Anyone out there have an opinion on the fact that we will be playing league football in October? Ridiculous to consider that its the games in OCTOBER that determine the success or otherwise of a season that begins 9 months earlier for most club players!

Wee Roddy

Has there been senior games started at 7? Look i know its tough to fit fixtures in but does geography ever be considered in fixing a match.

clarshack

starting to think that brocagh might win it and emulate their neighbours from the hill.
was talking to one of the brocagh players last weekend and he reckons that he has never been fitter.

sam03/05

I see Cookstown played Augher in extra time in Reserve Championship tonight at Cookstown. No problem with the light etc. Ardboe should take note.

loughshore lad

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 24, 2012, 11:30:49 PM
I see Cookstown played Augher in extra time in Reserve Championship tonight at Cookstown. No problem with the light etc. Ardboe should take note.

Throw in for the reserve championship was 7pm as opposed to 7:15pm in the minor championship ;)

But I am sure they will take note.... ;)

Also, Ardboe have match standard lights should the replay be back there and lights are required for extra time

twenty one yard free

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 24, 2012, 11:30:49 PM

Maybe if u were at the match you would have noted that the ref didn't start the match till 7:25pm

twenty one yard free

Augher must a found it strange having to play in wellingtons against cookstown in what u could only describe as the swamp

wheres he takin er from

Any teams news/injury updates from the Omagh camp?
First on the field and last to leave

oakleafgael

Quick question, can you line out in the reserve championship if you played senior championship last year?