Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Lads far from to stick up for refs but someone has to do it.

There was a new code of conduct issued this year to all clubs, so if people behaved like they did the previous years there was going to be an inrevitable increase in red cards. Players MUST start taking some responsability.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Wee Roddy

Then the consequence of this is that the ladies championship game between Errigal and Carmen was more physical than the Carmen Ardboe game on Sunday. It was a borefest as both teams were terrified to even tackle. Carrickmore had two players sent off against Donaghmore for virtually nothing , 1 being a shoulder charge and then Sean Cavanagh gets the same punishment for a shoulder on Sunday and you can see why people are in uproar. You cant expect players to watch Tyrone go out on Sundays and tackle hard in numbers and the nmen get sent off for the same tackle in a club game

loughshore lad

Quote from: Wee Roddy on June 25, 2007, 05:25:40 PM
On yesterdays game, if Ardboe play like that every week without missing players they will have no problems. I can not believe Cookstown beat them. Ardboe lads, do you think you will be better of without Roger Keenan.
I think that Ciaran McAleer is the best centre half back in club football at the minutes. He was outstanding again yesterday.

Still cant believe Cookstown beat them either but the facts dont lie - our seniors have only won 2 league games all season. I dont know if they will do better without Keenan, the noises coming out of the camp indicated they were very happy with him and his training etc but the wheels came off big time in the last 6-8 weeks. What did Carmen think of him? He won the championship with carmen didnt he?
Ardboe have had a new manager almost ever year since about 2000/2001 but probably the same pool of players. That leads me to deduce the players havent got the attitude or mentality required to compete at the very top of tyrone football - how else do you explain blowing Errigal away in the first league game of the season and then going down hill from there on.

By the way totally agree with your assesment of Ciaran McAleers performance on Sunday he was excellent on sunday. Are him and curly brothers?

snappiered

It was very disappointing to see Sean Cavanagh take off his moy jersey and throw it in the mud on Sunday evening. Did this not surprise the Moy posters. He is a role model and for kids who were at the game it came as a huge shock. I would like to think Sean had more respect for his club jersey.

Goats Do Shave

To be fair he came back out to sit with his team mates after he'd cooled down!

I think he showed how much respect he has for Moy by getting so frustrated at his clubs current form. - It's nice to see a 3 time all star still caring about his club!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Final Whistle on June 26, 2007, 09:30:53 AM
Top paragraph of above post was meant to be highlighted as it was copied from a previous poster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P

Hit the 'Quote' button on the post you're copying from, then remove what you don't want to leave in between the [quote...] and [/quote] tags ('Quote' automatically includes a 'Reply')  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

amigo

Quote from: Final Whistle on June 26, 2007, 09:27:40 AM
It was very disappointing to see Sean Cavanagh take off his moy jersey and throw it in the mud on Sunday evening. Did this not surprise the Moy posters. He is a role model and for kids who were at the game it came as a huge shock. I would like to think Sean had more respect for his club jersey.

Look at it from his viewpoint-Just over a month ago he played a championship game which seen him being kicked in the head as he lay injured-no red cards there!!!!
He shoulder charges a Lough lad who in fairness is giving as good as he gets. The Lough lad does not even go to ground, unlike fancy francie lol, and then that wee upstart of a referee runs 40-50 yards to brndish a red card to the amazement of both sections of supporters!!!!! Where is the justice? Consistency?

I bet the wee basta*d will be bragging to his sheep about it all this week!!!!!!

So, to answer your question- Sean has plenty of respect for his club. If you seen the effort our county boys put into the club it would amaze yous. Between playing in community tournaments on Saturday afternoon to training underage teams to umpiring reserve games in the rain, the Moy's County Contingent make us all in Clonfeacle very proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is common knowledge he is one of the biggest yaps ever to put on a gaelic jersey lol. Just ask Nicholas Walsh !

Bensars

Quote from: amigo on June 26, 2007, 10:20:29 AM

It is common knowledge he is one of the biggest yaps ever to put on a gaelic jersey lol. Just ask Nicholas Walsh !

Quote from: amigo on May 28, 2007, 09:14:56 AM
Its good to see the Moy men on crying already. Poor wee Sean is only 6'3 and poor wee Colm is only 6'4. If they would quit crying on the field and concentrate a bit more on playing maybe you would be in the next round of the championship.

Goes to show you have an agenda 

laceer

Quote from: amigo on June 26, 2007, 10:20:29 AM

nicholas walsh is the last person i'd be asking-i reckon you'd yap if some tr**p was running round biting you during a match

nrico2006

Ask Nicholas Walsh what - the on **** thought he was still running around the Aussie Rules reserve leagues by trying every dirty tactic in the book against Cavanagh!!  There is too many mini-stalin's running around with whistles at the minute, for god's sake even Michael Collins was back in the arena!!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

orangeman

Hold on lads - Sean Cavanagh is a legend for Moy and Tyrone and should not be criticised - how can you turn round Sean getting sent off in a club game to him being a crier ? On 15th July, you'll be cheering him on and hopefully patting him on thr back after we win !

laceer

Quote from: orangeman on June 26, 2007, 10:58:36 AM
Hold on lads - Sean Cavanagh is a legend for Moy and Tyrone and should not be criticised - how can you turn round Sean getting sent off in a club game to him being a crier ? On 15th July, you'll be cheering him on and hopefully patting him on thr back after we win !

boys try to make a name for themselves in club matches by going for a big hit on the county man,supporters jeer their every mistake yet as soon as they put on a tyrone jersey they're the dogs balls.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: orangeman on June 26, 2007, 10:58:36 AM

Look at the immediate source of this particular slur on his character, nuff said.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

loughshore lad

Quote from: orangeman on June 25, 2007, 06:13:20 PM
Ardboe - 5 plus chairman -
Orangeman - did Kevin Teague get suspended as a result of the cookstown game? How long did he get and what for?

rrhf

I cant believe this argument is ongoing, no one on this board has earned the right to take cheap potshots at Saen Cavanagh. Theres some cynical auld bastards in Tyrone too.  if hes sent off hes sent off but to criticise him more than any of the other 10 dozen recently sent off is crazy and is pure jealousy. Are you Tyrone supporters or not?