Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

we played aghyaran, urney & clann na gael at home last year as well. very strange!

tyronehead

Would you quit complaining if you knew the effort put in to getting these fixtures sorted you wouldn't be so critical.Also the amount of meetings and so forth we shouldn't be complaining only complimenting our hard working administrators.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Your hard working administrator friends tried to push through a championship agenda that didn't benifit the clubs, but I am delighted to say they failed.

Radda bout yeee

I don't think clarshack is complaining with having those teams at home again and the price of diesel!!!

tyronehead

A typical response from a self serving idiot who doesn't understand what goes into the county administration and it is not just looking after paid coaches that clubs do.
These hard working administrators do it for free and are the real champions of our association.How much money is spent by our posters here clubs on trainers and manager as a matter of interest.It is a time of economic hardship and I would be very keen to know what our club adminstrators arrange with their club benefactors the payouts they give to these mercenaries .They are not worried about the diesel costs of club supporters .They want to ply the latest manager / trainer with money for their so called expertise , quite sickening.

blackball

shut up u yap! county board is made up of idoits full up with self importance.

everymanaman

Quote from: blackball on March 12, 2012, 12:22:09 PM
shut up u yap! county board is made up of idoits full up with self importance.

I bet you they could all spell 'idiots' though. ;D

tyronehead

We get the abuse in here and it is the clubs that are the hypocrites with paying trainers and managers etc..
As if they are all holier than thou and it is themselves that have created this whole hypocrisy .Go through each club in Div1 and 2 and tell me which clubs are paying within the regulated  allowances ....
The sickening part is they wont admit it and everyone on here knows it is going on and all are in on it.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 08, 2012, 10:17:12 AM
Round 1

Drumragh v Owen Roes

Cheers Norf, . A nice handy one to start with......  :P

LeoMc

Quote from: tyronehead on March 12, 2012, 01:02:58 PM
We get the abuse in here and it is the clubs that are the hypocrites with paying trainers and managers etc..
As if they are all holier than thou and it is themselves that have created this whole hypocrisy .Go through each club in Div1 and 2 and tell me which clubs are paying within the regulated  allowances ....
The sickening part is they wont admit it and everyone on here knows it is going on and all are in on it.

And what has that got to do with your trying to bring to rounds of the championship into May to the detriment of the clubs? ???

nothingbettertobeat

Typical Tyrone head speech that if ever i heard one. serious delay in the fixtures no matter how much work is put into them. if they cant throw together a few fixtures within four months they'd be aswell packing it in and leaving their posts. you sound like a person whose brown envelope has been done away with this season by the County Board in a cost-cutting exercise? your very ratty on it there.....
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

aChairde

Tyronehead, I am not going to disagree with you on the matter of workrate of officials involved in the county board but I am concerned about your attitude which seems to be the county board versus the clubs. Surely all County board members are working members of their clubs as well! You disagree with payment of managers and advocate amateurism which is admirable but the members of the County board surely have a say at their own clubs where this payment is happening. In an ideal world I would love to see all clubs going for in-house managers but if clubs feel they have exhausted their resources and can only move forward by bringing someone in at a cost then it is very hard to put across a practical argument against doing it.

tyronehead

Why in our submission responding to the Ard Stiurthoir's discussion paper did our county board advocate the implimentation of the Association's existing policy ,rules and guidlines on its amateur status .
Does that not smell of hypocisy of the highest order then?
If your point is all our board members are club members and that it is hard to put across a practical arguement against not supporting payment to managers , why did we respond in our counties submission that we support the amateur status of our association.

aChairde

I have absolutely no idea as to why the county board stated that they wished to maintain the amateur status of managers but Im assuming that you were there or involved in some capacity so maybe you can let me know what their reasons were. I would assume its mostly about keeping sacred the notion of the volunteer in the GAA and if so I definitely see the sense in it. However, I would suspect that whatever comes of this 'vote' will be unimportant as there is no way of enforcing the rule.

In regards to hypocrasy; the clubs, who are the grassroots of the organisation in Tyrone, are in most cases in favour of paying managers yet the County Board are openly against it? Does this not demonstrate that in some way the County Board is out of touch with the views of the grassroots gael? I understand that this whole issue is much more complicated than this but do you realistically see an end to this payment of managers? I think it will only end if the clubs can no longer afford to do it. I do genuinely admire your views on this but just feel that in an actual playing sense payment of the 'outside manager' is seen in most clubs as essential in moving the team forward.

loughshore lad

I would think most clubs would openly admit they are paying their manager or have done in the past.  Incidentally our club are not paying this year having done so for as long as I can remember.

What club are you Tyronehead?  Have you expressed your displeasure at the hypocrisy of your own club paying, if indeed they do so?

Incidentally - are any of the county managers or back room team members paid?