Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: tyronehead on February 14, 2012, 05:57:36 PM
It is all but agreed two rounds of championship before the Armagh game , just waiting for final acceptance from Mickey on all the dates.
He's not talking complete rubbish, but he's certainly in a position where he is getting info. At the CB meeting on Tuesday night I believe the CCC tried to run through the first round of the championship for the beginning of May, they seemingly thought it was just a matter of driving it through, but the clubs stood up to it, arguing the position that we all on this board have pointed out. So they now have to go back and come up with another suggestion, in other words back to Mickey. Some joke. Its simple, same format as last year, with championship starting in August, same as all the other counties.

LeoMc

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on February 16, 2012, 11:25:07 AM
It is all but agreed two rounds of championship before the Armagh game , just waiting for final acceptance from Mickey on all the dates.
He's not talking complete rubbish, but he's certainly in a position where he is getting info. At the CB meeting on Tuesday night I believe the CCC tried to run through the first round of the championship for the beginning of May, they seemingly thought it was just a matter of driving it through, but the clubs stood up to it, arguing the position that we all on this board have pointed out. So they now have to go back and come up with another suggestion, in other words back to Mickey. Some joke. Its simple, same format as last year, with championship starting in August, same as all the other counties.
That nearly worked. Cut out the delays for replays. If replays were played within 7 days of the original fixture we would have been a bit smoother.

By the way, with the entrance prices, does anyone still try to go to all 8 first round matches? I used to but I would pick and choose now. I don't think there is the need to spread the first round games out as much and all 8 could be played on one weekend.

Put A Name On Er

Quote from: LeoMc on February 16, 2012, 05:35:13 PM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on February 16, 2012, 11:25:07 AM
That nearly worked. Cut out the delays for replays. If replays were played within 7 days of the original fixture we would have been a bit smoother.

By the way, with the entrance prices, does anyone still try to go to all 8 first round matches? I used to but I would pick and choose now. I don't think there is the need to spread the first round games out as much and all 8 could be played on one weekend.

Couldnt agree more Leo!
I used to go to as many of the championship games as i could get to, as well as a couple of intermediate c'ship games, but with the price of the them these days its just not an option. Thats why i think its odd that they stretch the 1st round games as well as the replays out as much as they do, because few people going to watch them all. Most tending to stick to watching their own clubs, and little more.

blewuporstuffed

so when will we know what the fixtures are likely to be?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

tyronehead

I'll make you sweat a bit more needless to say I will have news very soon and championship timing will not be the same as last year.

LeoMc

Quote from: tyronehead on February 17, 2012, 05:11:30 PM
I'll make you sweat a bit more needless to say I will have news very soon and championship timing will not be the same as last year.

So you dont know then.

Club Rossa

Ardboe 1-11 Glen 0-13 in Ulster league today.

tyronehead

Poor result for Ardboe considering how weak Glenn would be in Derry.Was that Intermediate League game ?

everymanaman

Quote from: tyronehead on February 19, 2012, 09:00:06 PM
Poor result for Ardboe considering how weak Glenn would be in Derry.Was that Intermediate League game ?

For a man who is such an authority on football???

Tommo2

Quote from: tyronehead on February 17, 2012, 05:11:30 PM

So, has Mickey decided when the league/championsip fixtures can be released?

Archie Mitchell

Anyone know when the Markey Cup final between Holy Trinity and St. Ciaran's is on?

Club Rossa

I think the Markey cup final is on tomorrow.

redhandloo

Markey cup final is on tomorrow in Omagh.  1.30 throw-in (i think)
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: redhandloo on February 22, 2012, 10:50:40 AM

Is that game def in omagh? i heard it was in dunmoyle??
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

EC Unique

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 23, 2012, 09:15:21 AM
Quote from: redhandloo on February 22, 2012, 10:50:40 AM

Is that game def in omagh? i heard it was in dunmoyle??

Moved to Omagh due to a funeral in the Errigal Ciaran club today.