Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

everymanaman

Quote from: EC Unique on February 09, 2012, 03:41:45 PM
Himself and Mark Donnelly will form quite a strike force along with the other young fella ( can't remember his name).

Just what Cmore need-another forward who sprays the ball everywhere when shooting ;D

randomtask

Am i the only person who thinks that penrose moving to carmen is a disgrace? Hundreds of men make the journey from belfast to their clubs every week and others have even farther to travel. Yet he cant drive 30 minutes up to Aghyaran, and its not as if they are that bad a team, they have a number or promising young players and will surely be one of the favorites to make it back up to senior level. A move like is not what the GAA is about. I didnt hear if there was even any sort of falling out but maybe i could be corrected.

P.s good luck to Derrytresk the whole of tyrone is rooting for you

Man Marker

Quote from: randomtask on February 11, 2012, 12:01:33 AM
Am i the only person who thinks that penrose moving to carmen is a disgrace? Hundreds of men make the journey from belfast to their clubs every week and others have even farther to travel. Yet he cant drive 30 minutes up to Aghyaran, and its not as if they are that bad a team, they have a number or promising young players and will surely be one of the favorites to make it back up to senior level. A move like is not what the GAA is about. I didnt hear if there was even any sort of falling out but maybe i could be corrected.

U think it is a disgrace, well boo hoo you, ya ballox. He lives in Carrickmore and has for the past while, how bloody simple can it be. Now if it was a professional game, then by all means lets pay him to travel 3 or 4 times a week., you know all that time he would spend in his car driving up and down. Buts its is an amateur game, and there is some difference if it only takes you 5 mins to get to the club pitch. What is sure, he didnt make this call easily. Now get off you high horse.

randomtask

Quote from: Man Marker on February 11, 2012, 12:20:54 AM

U think it is a disgrace, well boo hoo you, ya ballox. He lives in Carrickmore and has for the past while, how bloody simple can it be. Now if it was a professional game, then by all means lets pay him to travel 3 or 4 times a week., you know all that time he would spend in his car driving up and down. Buts its is an amateur game, and there is some difference if it only takes you 5 mins to get to the club pitch. What is sure, he didnt make this call easily. Now get off you high horse.

The point i am making is that very few people live 5 minutes from their local pitch, and that many many club footballers have to travel much longer than him to train and play, but they would never think of moving clubs. You say he didnt make the call easily, many people would agree that there was never a call to be made (unless there was a fall out).

wheres he takin er from

What roads wud you be going to do it in that time? Anytime I've been to aghyaran it was a day-trip!
First on the field and last to leave

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: randomtask on February 11, 2012, 12:32:58 AM
Quote from: Man Marker on February 11, 2012, 12:20:54 AM

The point i am making is that very few people live 5 minutes from their local pitch, and that many many club footballers have to travel much longer than him to train and play, but they would never think of moving clubs. You say he didnt make the call easily, many people would agree that there was never a call to be made (unless there was a fall out).

Point was he was at times working about Ballymena, driving home to Carickmore, then maybe driving to Aghyaran to train and back home again. Then maybe driving to Cookstown for county training as well. That's alright for a couple of years, but maybe takes its toll  after a while. We're not talking about Seanie Johnston here, its a legitimate move motivated by family circumstances and a decision that he obviously hasn't taken lightly. He's given plenty to St Davogs and his decision should IMHO be respected. It's nothing new in the GAA, I suppose Christy Ring was a disgrace as well? Marty has already taken plenty of flack about it already by all accounts. I don't think he needs to be reminded what the GAA is about.

...and you'd be doing well getting to Aghyaran from Carmen in 30 mins. Unless of course he had the use of a runway on the Whitebridge Road...
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

ziggysego

Mickey Harte's column in the Irish News.

Testing Accessibility

Club Rossa

Ardboe 0-11 Ballinderry 0-15 in the Ulster league today.

Best of luck to the Hill tomorrow!!

Shadylimp

H my good god randomtask. You have just confirmed what I've always suspected. You are one complete w***stain.
'Oh honey I didn't get drunk. I just went into a strange fantasy world'

LeoMc

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on February 11, 2012, 12:45:22 AM

What roads wud you be going to do it in that time? Anytime I've been to aghyaran it was a day-trip!

Even travelling from Carmen you would need sandwiches.

Carmen Stateside

Good luck to Derrytresk today, no matter the outcome they have done Tyrone and Ulster proud.  Now go get stuck into the Galway Inbreds and beat them out the gate!  :)

Carmen Stateside

A gallant effort from the men from the Hill.  Seemed to have chances and the penalty miss was crucial at the end. 

orangeman

Hard luck D'tresk.

I hope the season will be remembered for all the fantastic football D'tresk played and not the incident in Portlaoise.

tyronefan

A hollow victory for Clonbur

Would they have beaten a full Derrytresk team?

tyronehead

Hard luck to The Hill , they did Tyrone proud and all can rightly hold their heads up.