Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

everymanaman

Quote from: clarshack on January 23, 2012, 02:32:11 PM
dick clerkin having a pop now too...

http://twitter.com/dickclerkin8

(btw i dont follow anyone on twitter - just seen it on hs)
Methinks he is aptly named

orangeman

Trust the good old BBC to come up trumps again.

There wasn't much coverage last of actual on field GAA action last Monday night when there was a full round of Mc Kenna cup fixtures and massive attendances at all of them. But plenty of cameras, commentators and reports from all around the Irish league grounds and rugby pitches.
Take a bow BBC !!

On another note, this note below from the Dromid Pearses facebook website is in poor taste and probably very ill judged - I wasn't at the match so can't comment on what did or didn't happen but as a few other have alluded to, you should at least try to be magnanimous in victory and gracious in defeat but this is sadly lacking from the Kerry club. I'm not saying it's sour grapes but some would be tempted to.

Commiserations to a gallant Senior Team who were defeated in the All Ireland semi final on a scoreline of 1-10 to 0-07. Everybody involved have their parish and county proud. we wish Clonbur the best of luck in the final.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/CLG-Piarsaigh-na-Dromoda/125793960839708

clarshack

Quote from: orangeman on January 23, 2012, 04:39:07 PM
Trust the good old BBC to come up trumps again.

There wasn't much coverage last of actual on field GAA action last Monday night when there was a full round of Mc Kenna cup fixtures and massive attendances at all of them. But plenty of cameras, commentators and reports from all around the Irish league grounds and rugby pitches.
Take a bow BBC !!

On another note, this note below from the Dromid Pearses facebook website is in poor taste and probably very ill judged - I wasn't at the match so can't comment on what did or didn't happen but as a few other have alluded to, you should at least try to be magnanimous in victory and gracious in defeat but this is sadly lacking from the Kerry club. I'm not saying it's sour grapes but some would be tempted to.

Commiserations to a gallant Senior Team who were defeated in the All Ireland semi final on a scoreline of 1-10 to 0-07. Everybody involved have their parish and county proud. we wish Clonbur the best of luck in the final.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/CLG-Piarsaigh-na-Dromoda/125793960839708

just seen that facebook comment which is linked to their official website.

bad losers or what!

ziggysego

That's really bad form and bitter. In Greencastle's run, we had nothing but best wishes from teams we beat on the way. The same as Sperrin Og this year.

There's a really nasty element creeping into the GAA, which goes against of what I and may other believe is the ethos of the association.
Testing Accessibility

Dell

As a Tyrone man I am sad to say gamesmanship has become a big part of our club scene. Something the CCC and referees have turned a blind eye (ear) to. Needs cut out of our game now starting in the league, zero tolerance with strong punishments. But seeing how the county board dealt with last years proceedings we will probably have to wait for another major row to hit the Irish news before heads come out of the sand.
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

Archie Mitchell

Classic BBC, shows the row as part of the main news but doesn't show any highlights from the match. Shows the supporters coming on and a few hits etc, but from what I seen nothing any of the Derrytresk players should be worrying about regarding possible suspensions.

Gaffer

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 23, 2012, 07:15:15 PM
Classic BBC, shows the row as part of the main news but doesn't show any highlights from the match. Shows the supporters coming on and a few hits etc, but from what I seen nothing any of the Derrytresk players should be worrying about regarding possible suspensions.

Agree but that squad of Hill subs who arrived like the cavalary will not have done them any favours.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

gethimaf

Fair play to derrytresk from what i hear the kerry team were worse. Two men sent off?
Kerry people remind me of the French, cowards who cant take a beating or is that harsh on the French?

sandwiches_in_the_boot

http://bit.ly/z6bcRU Brawl is online.

Doesn't look good with the benches cleared, but looks like the footage misses most of what was supposed to have sparked the brawl.

Could argue that Dromid no. 4 swinging at Derrytresk management sparked it. But looks bad for a few Hill men.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

clarshack

looked at the rte footage on slow motion a few times and unfortunately an influential derrytresk forward  could be having a few sleepless nights.

theticklemister

Down at game and must say the fence holding the crowd back was as high as me ( and I'm pretty small!!!) There were no dugouts at all so the subs mingled with the crowd. There were also a severe lack of stewards at the game. From what I saw the Derrytesk lads will be shitting himself for potential suspenions. Seen wan of the stewards and he fingered the Derrytresk manager during wan of the rows, dunno if anything will come of it.

Don't understand the Derrytresk lads, no need for it whatsoever. They were by far the better footballing side.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: theticklemister on January 23, 2012, 08:49:47 PM
Down at game and must say the fence holding the crowd back was as high as me ( and I'm pretty small!!!) There were no dugouts at all so the subs mingled with the crowd. There were also a severe lack of stewards at the game. From what I saw the Derrytesk lads will be shitting himself for potential suspenions. Seen wan of the stewards and he fingered the Derrytresk manager during wan of the rows, dunno if anything will come of it.

Don't understand the Derrytresk lads, no need for it whatsoever. They were by far the better footballing side.

:D :D

Gaffer

Quote from: clarshack on January 23, 2012, 08:38:59 PM
looked at the rte footage on slow motion a few times and unfortunately an influential derrytresk forward  could be having a few sleepless nights.

Wish my sky + box would slo mo like it was supposed to ! ::) ::)
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

oakleafgael

I cant understand the line of defence marched out by some here that Dromid where equally as bad as they had two men lined. The ref, and he was a clown, seen fit to sent them off but that should be no excuse for the behaviour of the subs and supporters from the Hill. I would say Fergal Logan will be busy between now and the final.

oakleafgael

Quote from: ONeill on January 23, 2012, 10:51:04 AM
Two sides to every story but in incidents like these, only the views of the neutral holds any real  weight. Here's a man from Maghery and his honest account:

How dare the smallest club in Tyrone beat Declan O'Sullivan's Parish?

The Tyrone side outshone the Kerry team throughout the match. To go in at half time only 4-3 down having played against a substantial breeze was a sign of things to come. Derrytresk came out in the 2nd half and played football. The proof of the matter is in the facts. Derrytresk notched 1-10 to Dromid's 0-7, and it was Derrytresk who left the field with 15 men, not 13. Dromid were beaten by their own indiscipline if anything else. Persistent fouling and an obscene amount of off the ball incidents were not something to be proud of.

The referee lost control the moment he failed to show a blatant red card midway through the first half. An incident occurred in the middle of the field in full view, were a Dromid player punched a Derrytresk midfielder in the midrift. The ref proceeded to show a yellow card, which suggests he saw the incident. After this the game boiled over and something was going to give. Having been at the game and witnessed the brawl I can only give my honest account. A full blooded tackle occurred at the sideline which the ref deemed fair (debatable). Following this a member of the Derrytresk management team exchanged words with the Dromid player involved. Then in a moment of madness, the Dromid player was daft enough to punch the Derrytresk man right in front of his entire substitutes bench. Madness ensued and in a melee, players from both teams got involved in unsavoury brawl. I think you'll find the video footage will prove this. After things settled down the ref decided to book a player from each team.

The 2nd half was Derrytresk's by a country mile. Dromid only managed 3 more points. Throughout the game Declan seemed to be more interested in arguing with his own players than playing football. The talisman was involved more than others in unsavoury incidents, and how he remained on the field of play in beyond me. Having already picked up a yellow card, he easily could have been lined for numerous offences, including striking players while they were on the ground. If Declan were to have charged a woman with being struck by a handbag he would been the laughing stock of the country. The Derrytresk captain marshalled him throughout the match while still being able to be the springboard from which Derrytresk launched numerous attacks. The goal in particular was a sensational move which effectively sealed the match. Derrytresk's centre half forward scythed through the Dromid defence and fired the ball into the roof of the net. Dromid's manager knew they were beaten by the better team and acknowledged it by saying they were beaten "comprehensively."

Also, bear in mind that Dromid finished the game with 13 players, Derrytresk with their full complement.

The man from Maghery must have very selective vision. O'Sullivan got the full treatment from start to finish. I don't know how players like him can be bothered with the shite they have to put up with.