Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Went to Omagh to check out the 'New Look' Tyrone side playing the students of Queens University.  Without doubt the score line flattered Tyrone.  Queens tore the defence to bits in the 1st half and how Tyrone went in 3 points up I still don't know.  John Devine was indecisive for the Queens goal when the ball was there to be won.  I was happy with the substitutions Micky made because the 3 worst players on the pitch were Mc Nally, Donnelly and Mc Neice.

Ronan O'Neill came on and while he made an immediate impact with his well taken goal, he didn't push on from that, he was well marked and I would question his strength and ability to step up to senior level so soon. Hopefully I am wrong.

Positives would be Pete Harte again showing his class, he can play any position on the field, lining out at centre half back.  Penrose looked sharp making a few good runs and the new man Johnny Lafferty from Urney, showed well for the ball no doubt tougher tests will come but I think he made a good debut.
Living the dream!!!

KIDDO 4

Omagh StEndas  have announced  the appointment of Liam Grugan as their new senior team manager for 2012, in sucession to PaddyCroizier.

time ticking away

Quote from: stillsenior on January 03, 2012, 02:18:05 PM
Seriously though what is Liam Grugans record with Omagh youth teams
Quote from: KIDDO 4 on January 09, 2012, 11:20:32 PM
Omagh StEndas  have announced  the appointment of Liam Grugan as their new senior team manager for 2012, in sucession to PaddyCroizier.

whats your opinion on that stillsenior
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

everymanaman

Definitely a cheaper option-hats off to Omagh for finally seeing sense and realising that the bingo money should be spent on more worthwhile causes within the club

stillsenior

Quote from: time ticking away on January 10, 2012, 12:52:10 AM

Good luck to him. He's taking on a job with a very high level of expectation... But nobody has answered my question

EC Unique

Quote from: stillsenior on January 10, 2012, 08:54:18 AM
Quote from: time ticking away on January 10, 2012, 12:52:10 AM

Good luck to him. He's taking on a job with a very high level of expectation... But nobody has answered my question

There is his first problem. When is the last time Omagh had success at senior level? An un-justified level of expectation I would suggest.

All the underage success in the world guarantees nothing at senior level.

top of the right

I see all these new faces on the tyrone mckenna cup panel but i was wondering why Gavin teague never got the call i think he's a brilliant prospect for centre half back . . . . .maybe the next conor gormley??

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: top of the right on January 10, 2012, 01:26:06 PM
I see all these new faces on the tyrone mckenna cup panel but i was wondering why Gavin teague never got the call i think he's a brilliant prospect for centre half back . . . . .maybe the next conor gormley??

welcome to GAA baord Gavin. ;D ;D
First on the field and last to leave

redhandloo

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on January 10, 2012, 02:07:15 PM

Love it!
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

Put A Name On Er

Quote from: redhandloo on January 10, 2012, 02:40:23 PM

LOL  ;D

Love it!

ziggysego

Quote from: Put A Name On Er on January 10, 2012, 02:42:23 PM

LOL  ;D

Love it!

;D 8) ;D
Testing Accessibility

Hashtag

Sean Teague would be a better prospect even at his age. Gavin Teague too error prone. Can you imagine the damage Declan O'Sullivan would cause on him. Head-Light.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: ziggysego on January 10, 2012, 02:53:22 PM
Quote from: Put A Name On Er on January 10, 2012, 02:42:23 PM

LOL  ;D

Love it!

;D 8) ;D

Quailty lol!!
Living the dream!!!

LeoMc

Shadylimp

Jesus Christ, alright like it wasn't that funny. To be fair to gavin, there's not many men who could handle declan osullivan. Teague a good player. 
'Oh honey I didn't get drunk. I just went into a strange fantasy world'