Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barelegs

I heard last week that the Division 1 under 21 had been changed to a straight knockout competition. Should allow it to be played off reasonably quickly.

Puckoon

ONeill

A great day in Derrytresk's history yesterday, finally adding to their only title in 1955. Those minors from a few years ago have blossomed rightly. On to the Ulsters now and a trip to Celtic Park and Derrytrasna. A Derrytresk/Derrytrasna clash - a journalist's nightmare.

A good year for the parish. Clonoe have their final to come, Derrylaughan stayed up and reached the senior semis and Brocagh are in the Junior league play-offs.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Watch the Break

Congrats to Derrytresk yesterday.  As much as I wanted the lads to win I honestly thought that Killeshil would be too strong.  Glad to be wrong on this occasion and great to see.  Good luck in Ulster.

under the bar

QuoteI wonder where wee Pete is heading?

Donegal allegedly...

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Any craic

See a special report on Derrytresk's great win 'we're the mossy side of Clonoe parish' - http://tinyurl.com/6cn6rtk

supersarsfields

Quote from: orangeman on October 15, 2011, 10:31:21 AM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 14, 2011, 04:45:58 PM
It hasn't been mentioned here yet as far as I see here, but it was sad to hear about the death of Drumragh stalwart Cathal McLaughlin yesterday. He's played a significant role in the club there now for many years especially in helping finally get the club a permanent home in the club's heartland of Clanabogan among other things. The club, as well as his family and friends, have lost a great character.

+1.

Huge loss for his family, the club and county. RIP.

Cathal will be sorely missed by all in Drumragh. He had been the one constant throughout my time growing up through the club. He trained myself and others from U14 right up to senior so a whole generation Of players owe him a huge dept. Throughout the nouighties he was the right hand man for all 5 managers we had and enjoyed success in both 99 and 2004.
One amazing point was mentioned to me over the weekend, Cathal had managed all Drumragh teams from U14 - senior for both the ladies and the men. Quite an achievement and one which shows the dedication he showed for the club.
On a personal note he was an absolute gentleman who would have been the first person to help if you were in need. 

RIP Cathal.   

The Bog Savage

Quote from: ONeill on October 17, 2011, 07:06:30 PM
A great day in Derrytresk's history yesterday, finally adding to their only title in 1955. Those minors from a few years ago have blossomed rightly. On to the Ulsters now and a trip to Celtic Park and Derrytrasna. A Derrytresk/Derrytrasna clash - a journalist's nightmare.

A good year for the parish. Clonoe have their final to come, Derrylaughan stayed up and reached the senior semis and Brocagh are in the Junior league play-offs.
Think youll give the ulster a good rattle ONeill if youse get sobered up !

The Bog Savage

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 16, 2011, 11:34:20 PM
Owen Roes reached the U13 grade 2 final, to compliment our appearances this year already at U14, U16 and minor level!

We face DKB this Saturday who so far this season have scored 10-25, 5-14, 10-20, 11-16, 16-22 and 10-23. I think DKB will be favourites!! Averaged 50 points a game!! I think the grading might be kinda skewed there!  :)
From what i hear DKB requested Grade 1 status and were turned down several times by a certain youth officer!They knew they would gain 0 from those results having had had a challenge with Cmore who they hammered before the  league,  Cant really blame them the situation has prob robbed them of a grade 1 final at least and deprived another team of a fair crack at a final bad bad work on county youth off part!!! ???

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: The Bog Savage on October 18, 2011, 09:26:55 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 16, 2011, 11:34:20 PM
Owen Roes reached the U13 grade 2 final, to compliment our appearances this year already at U14, U16 and minor level!

We face DKB this Saturday who so far this season have scored 10-25, 5-14, 10-20, 11-16, 16-22 and 10-23. I think DKB will be favourites!! Averaged 50 points a game!! I think the grading might be kinda skewed there!  :)
From what i hear DKB requested Grade 1 status and were turned down several times by a certain youth officer!They knew they would gain 0 from those results having had had a challenge with Cmore who they hammered before the  league,  Cant really blame them the situation has prob robbed them of a grade 1 final at least and deprived another team of a fair crack at a final bad bad work on county youth off part!!! ???

I wasn't really blaming anyone as such, as I'd say it would be difficult to grade U13 football, but if above's the case maybe there are opportunities.

On the results to date, I'd say DKB will be close to winning U14 grade 1 next year!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

clarshack

apparently our og sport team that went on to win tyrone and ulster grade 1 this year, were originally placed in grade 2. dunno how we got them upgraded but certainly glad we did.

EC Unique

QuotePeter Canavan has denied speculation that he has resigned from the position as manager of Errigal Ciarán.

It had been reported in one of today's newspapers that the two time All Ireland winner had stepped down from the role at his club.

As a player, Canavan won six Tyrone SFC titles aswell as two Ulster Club Championships.

He was appointed to the position in December 2008. His first championship win as a manager came against Donaghmore in May 2009.

Canavan has confirmed that he will continue to act as manager for the remainder of this year. Errigal Ciarán are still in the race for the 2011 All County League Division One title, a success would see the town club claim their third league title in a row.

I had heard that he was staying with us next season. I hope he does. If he does not good luck to him where ever he goes. He owes our club nothing. :)

rrhf

Dont know where this report came from but I cant see the relevance of the win against Donaghmore in that article. If Peters going hes heading for a county position at some level, Id have thought.   3 league wins shows remarkable  consistency but many would say there may not be a championship in this squad.  Would they not already be behind Dromore Clonoe Carrickmore and Omagh in 2012 no matter how they finish out the league? Still Errigal can still make a headline even when not involved in county final week.   :D   

GAA_Finatic

Any word of the u-21 championship, dates and venues?