Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wee Roddy

downatthemidda, Carrickmore gave Moortown a right thumping in 99 or 2000 as well. They have also won league semi finals there and I can never remember Edendork beating Carmen there in the league. Those who remember a little more than me remeber 3 defeats in about 20 games.
I get your point about struggling over the line, but its the same in championship football for every team. Its a great leveler, and a lack of atmosphereat Edendork may mean that teams have bother getting up for it but surly that a challenge for the managers....so come on Dinky and Eamon ;)

nothingbettertobeat

What Players would everyone like to be given a chance next season(2012) with the Tyrone senior side as we come to the business end of the Tyrone league season, who has impressed you?
What under 21 players do you feel is good enough to make the step up? and is there any "Middle aged" players for example Mark Donnelly in recent years been unearthed after been previously overlooked....Discuss....
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Norf Tyrone

I understand the two Errigals can't play in the same division, but what would happen if Errigal firsts were relegated the same year Errigal IIIs won div 2! Would Errigal IIIs become the firsts!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Hereiam

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 22, 2011, 04:24:07 PM
I understand the two Errigals can't play in the same division, but what would happen if Errigal firsts were relegated the same year Errigal IIIs won div 2! Would Errigal IIIs become the firsts!
I think this will never happen. The point of the thirds is to take young players on a bit by introducing them the senior football. The Errigal Thirds will never be a divison one team. If the senior team ever became bad enough to drop to div 2 or 3 then the 3rds will be no more.

Norf Tyrone

I was joking, but it would be a curious wan!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

LeoMc

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 22, 2011, 04:39:13 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 22, 2011, 04:24:07 PM
Those are long, long odds of happening, but I would assume both teams would simply remain in the same grades.

I would have thought the I's would go down without the III's going up otherwise you are penalising Owen Roes for finishing 2nd from bottom in Division 1.

ExcellentDriver

I'll be there on Sunday, more in hope than expectation.

I am well informed that the Referee in the Drawn Game at Healy Park was the Umpire who failed to spot Big John being headbutted by Peter Ward in 2009 prior to the Penalty.
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

Club Rossa

Ardboe are more than capable of winning on Sunday though it will take a monumental effort to do so.Dromore will be looking to keep Kyle Coney quiet and the rest of our forwards will need to step it up big time.Ardboe will need to fare better in midfield and gain more posession this time as i would imagine the Dromore forwards won't be as wasteful in front of the posts.

Carrickmore and Clonoe are very evenly matched with very strong defences but i feel that Clonoe just might edge it.

Watch the Break

I've a strong feeling that all the east Tyrone teams are going to do the business this weekend in the Senior Championship.  Coalisland will miss Donnelly but with the American contingent back I expect them to account for Omagh who rely heavily on Ronan O'Neill.  He is a cracking player but cannot be expected to do it all on his own.  Was disappointed with the McMahons the last day out and expect a much better game overall with lots more scores. 

Really looking forward to the double-header in Edendork.  Normally the team that loses the lead is said to have missed the boat but I can see Ardboe and Clonoe sneaking through.  Dromore aren't the team they once were (albeit still good) and I don't think they have replaced the likes of Collins, Garry and Snowy O'Neill.  Ardboe are building nicely and I was glad to see Coney show his potential last day out with some cracking scores.  The hunger of Ardboe to carry them through.

Have to say I expected more from Clonoe in the drawn game.  Loads of possession but they appear to miss a Ronan O'Neill, McCusker, McNeice or a Coney in attack who will kick 5/6 points consistently.  They appear solid everywhere else and will still be hard to beat.  Lavery or McAliskey may just step up to the plate this week against a Carrickmore team that requires a massive game from Donnelly.

Here's to a cracking weekend of football.

winghalfback

Quote from: Watch the Break on September 22, 2011, 07:52:07 PM
I've a strong feeling that all the east Tyrone teams are going to do the business this weekend in the Senior Championship.  Coalisland will miss Donnelly but with the American contingent back I expect them to account for Omagh who rely heavily on Ronan O'Neill.  He is a cracking player but cannot be expected to do it all on his own.  Was disappointed with the McMahons the last day out and expect a much better game overall with lots more scores. 

Really looking forward to the double-header in Edendork.  Normally the team that loses the lead is said to have missed the boat but I can see Ardboe and Clonoe sneaking through.  Dromore aren't the team they once were (albeit still good) and I don't think they have replaced the likes of Collins, Garry and Snowy O'Neill.  Ardboe are building nicely and I was glad to see Coney show his potential last day out with some cracking scores.  The hunger of Ardboe to carry them through.

Have to say I expected more from Clonoe in the drawn game.  Loads of possession but they appear to miss a Ronan O'Neill, McCusker, McNeice or a Coney in attack who will kick 5/6 points consistently.  They appear solid everywhere else and will still be hard to beat.  Lavery or McAliskey may just step up to the plate this week against a Carrickmore team that requires a massive game from Donnelly.

Here here agree completely with what u think lets hope we can have 4 eastern teams in the semis

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: winghalfback on September 22, 2011, 10:04:18 PM
Quote from: Watch the Break on September 22, 2011, 07:52:07 PM

Here here agree completely with what u think lets hope we can have 4 eastern teams in the semis

Personally I'm hoping for four good games this weekend and three more good teams in the senior semis. Couldn't care less what part of the county they hail from... Just as long as Carmen's one of them. ;)

Can't see Coalisland letting Ronan O'Neill run riot again. Will be very interested to see how Omagh handle themselves in Pomeroy. Dromore might just shade it, but Carmen v Clonoe is anybodies.
Hope C'more have learned from the last day and that a few of the key players have shaken off their injuries. Tyrone championship abu!
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Wee Roddy

I seriously do not get this east vrs west nonsense. Dromore and Trillick in the west are also full of this "as long as an eastern team doesnt win it". Personally if Carmen dont win the championship then the further away from us the team is the better, preferably in another county (Ballinderry not included). AND since when was Carrickmore in West Tyrone (apart from in politically constituency's)?

Radda bout yeee

I'll go for the following in the senior:

Omagh
Dromore
Clonoe

All by 1/2 points

Anybody any views on the intermediate replay? Should be a close one too. Wonder how ronan ward is going after a lengthy injury lay off? Eskra have a few players back recently too I hear!

DoYerJob Linesman

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 23, 2011, 09:53:40 AM
I seriously do not get this east vrs west nonsense. Dromore and Trillick in the west are also full of this "as long as an eastern team doesnt win it". Personally if Carmen dont win the championship then the further away from us the team is the better, preferably in another county (Ballinderry not included). AND since when was Carrickmore in West Tyrone (apart from in politically constituency's)?

Enlighten me? 
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on September 23, 2011, 10:31:36 AM
I'll go for the following in the senior:

Omagh
Dromore
Clonoe

All by 1/2 points

Anybody any views on the intermediate replay? Should be a close one too. Wonder how ronan ward is going after a lengthy injury lay off? Eskra have a few players back recently too I hear!
good to see ronan ward back after a horific injury.
peter hughes back from america was a huge bosst to eskra
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either