Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone86

Quote from: Final Whistle on October 29, 2008, 10:35:34 AM
simple answer is Cathal Daly runs the fixtures from what club???

You guessed it, Carmens opponents on saturday were Eglish!

Rocket science I shit you not!!!

Not this time. Barry Conroy from Beragh has runs adult fixtures in 2008, with a large input from Ciaran McLaughlin. Cathal Daly is the Development Officer this year and has nothing to do with the CCC.

Quote from: orangeman on October 29, 2008, 09:55:57 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 29, 2008, 09:00:26 AM
I would guess that the Clans got their game off because of Dooher and O'Neill (Was he?) playing for Ulster. Now I know Gormley played too, but perhaps as Carmen elected earlier in the year to play without their County men, this ruling carried through. Now if that's the case, I doubt any club will EVER elect to 'help' again by fielding without their county men.

Now note...this is all guess work on my opinion, and not me stating that Carmen should get on without or whatever.

Carmen as a club and as a team have to be commended for playing away without Conor Gormley, confident in their own ability. Not many would have done that or did do it.

On Saturday they had 2 league games left to play - Dromore had 6 left to play.

Carmen asked for a postponement - it was refused.
Clan na Gael asked for a postponement - it was granted.

Why ?

Roddy - are you out there ?

And to think we were told on another thread that clubs valued a Minor Championship more than winning the league. It seems pretty competitive at the moment when clubs are giving out sufficiently about fixtures at the end of October

Zapatista

Quote from: orangeman on October 29, 2008, 09:55:57 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 29, 2008, 09:00:26 AM

Carmen as a club and as a team have to be commended for playing away without Conor Gormley, confident in their own ability. Not many would have done that or did do it.

On Saturday they had 2 league games left to play - Dromore had 6 left to play.

Dromore had 6 players tied up on Tyrone duty. Fair play to Carmen and they were hard done by but they were in a different position to Dromore in regard to unavailable players.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: EC Unique on October 27, 2008, 12:47:49 PM
Another thing about yesterday's disgracefull scenes that I forgot to mention is that the dromore keeper, Ward, ran half the pitch 
to start the row
that has taken the shine off what should be remembered as a great day for Clonoe. I would encourage the county board to come down hard on him as he is an up-start who always comes running out of his goals to get in a sneaky dig. A coward of
the first degree >:(  Shame on Dromore..

Just got word on the suspensions that our club got over that cowardly shite Ward. Only after watching the game on T na G on line and it shows Ward running half the pitch to level one of our players from behind with a shoulder and whilst the the rest of the players become involed it shows that coward running down the tunnel!

amigo

amigo

I hear McGinn got 72 week suspension!

clarshack

it said on rte radio mcginn got 72 weeks and both clubs fined €500. didnt mention teague.

EC Unique

Peter Wart got off very light with 2 months considering he started the whole thing!! >:(

Zapatista

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on October 29, 2008, 12:24:50 PM
Just got word on the suspensions that our club got over that cowardly shite Ward. Only after watching the game on T na G on line and it shows Ward running half the pitch to level one of our players from behind with a shoulder and whilst the the rest of the players become involed it shows that coward running down the tunnel!

What about the suspension and red card recieved by Emmett O'Neill after your number 4 punched him? Is that the same? If anyone had said beforehand that this was going to happen from what Ward did is a fool. Ward, McGinn and the rest of them are all responsible. You can go back as far as you like but there were a hundred places you could point to that started it. Just like Emmett O'Neill is responsible for what he did no matter who started it.

glencullrule

what did doris do? thats two massive losses for clonoe on sunday but this should inspire you. the whole county is behind you, pity we couldnt say same if dromore had been playing in ulster. as for mcginn its not long enuf, the b*****d. ward will miss the remaining league games, a blessing for dromore. all hes good for is starting rows.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Zapatista on October 29, 2008, 02:35:00 PM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on October 29, 2008, 12:24:50 PM

What about the suspension and red card recieved by Emmett O'Neill after your number 4 punched him? Is that the same? If anyone had said beforehand that this was going to happen from what Ward did is a fool. Ward, McGinn and the rest of them are all responsible. You can go back as far as you like but there were a hundred places you could point to that started it. Just like Emmett O'Neill is responsible for what he did no matter who started it.

zap I'm not going to start a slagging match on this, but the the events that occurred are directly related to Ward, who ran down the tunnel as the trouble errupted behind him. Sorry but he is a slabbering coward.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: glencullrule on October 29, 2008, 02:37:45 PM
what did doris do? thats two massive losses for clonoe on sunday but this should inspire you. the whole county is behind you, pity we couldnt say same if dromore had been playing in ulster. as for mcginn its not long enuf, the b*****d. ward will miss the remaining league games, a blessing for dromore. all hes good for is starting rows.

We dont know?

Zapatista

I have no argument with your personal opinion on Ward or anyone else but I honestly think this whole thing was bound to boil over at some stage and to say one person started it and is responsible is unfair. I honestly feel bad for the Clonoe players who will miss out. They don't deserve that as they were put in a position of extremely high pressure. The more we frustrate teams and build them up into a such a climax without rest or reflection the more this will happen.

With the games coming fast and furious late in October and the shape of the pitch with 30+ tired and adrenilin filled men playing in that very close contest then facing extra-time was a recipe for disaster. There was so much to win and so much to lose. What happened at the end was the result of many factors. I think the push on the Championship and what was asked of the players was way to much.

I am in no way excusing the actions of some. They did what they did and will be rightly punished for it. I am only suggestion that there are ways of preventing this type of incident or atleast reducing them greatly.

glencullrule

I have no argument with your personal opinion on Ward or anyone else but I honestly think this whole thing was bound to boil over at some stage and to say one person started it and is responsible is unfair.

what u talking about, he started it and its fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigfrank

Dromore manager Noel McGinn has been handed a 72-week ban by the Tyrone County Board's Competitions Control Committee as a result of the incidents that occurred during last Sunday's county senior football final between Dromore and Clonoe.

McGinn head-butted a member of the Clonoe team after the full-time whistle at Healy Park, Omagh, which was caught on TG4's television cameras and the manager apologised for his acts soon after.

Clonoe defender Emmet Teague, who was on the receiving end of McGinn's strike, immediately reacted by head-butting the Dromore boss, and as a result he has received a 32-week ban, while team mate Colm Doris has been hit with an eight-week suspension also. Team selector Harry McClure has also had a 12-week ban imposed.

It means that they will all miss their side's Ulster SFC Championship first round encounter with Donegal champions St Eunan's this Sunday, and are likely to be ruled out for the rest of the provincial competition.

Dromore 'keeper Peter Ward has been on the receiving end of an eight-week suspension as well, while Emmet O'Neill has also been hit with a two-month ban for a separate incident earlier on in the game, which Clonoe went on to win 0-10 to 0-9 after extra-time.

Both clubs have been fined 500 pounds each and can appeal their bans and fines over the next three days, according to today's statement released by the Tyrone County Board.

"Following the meeting a number of individual suspensions have been recommended and have been issued to both of the clubs involved via email this morning," said statement.

"Both clubs have also been fined. All suspensions and fines may be subject to appeal."