Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

I think you are being way too cautious, there KYMI.  This year Clonoe has singlehandedly consigned the saying "the big two" into Tyrone championship folklore.  To me the new big 2 looks to be Clonoe and probably Dromore.  Its an exciting championship and having beat the best its now only right and proper  that you take your place on championship final day and good luck to youse - yes will  be representing the whole of East Tyrone and we hope ye take 'er back to Clonoe.  May I also add that this semi is a repeat of the 1960 O Neill Cup final when Clonoe again had too much for the St Patricks on their way to a 3 in a row of titles. Clonoe 2-7 Donaghmore  2-0 and the September sun certainly shined for Clonoe in Dungannon that day.  To come back the way Clonoe has over the years and with high profile Derry manager Damian Cassidy now attemptin  to add the O Neill cup to his impressive managerial CV before he leaves Tyrone to manage their deadly rivals accross the Sperrins who would bet against them, taking Dromore on O Neill Cup final day.  Good luck to them I say.         

orangeman

Quote from: Over the Bar on October 13, 2008, 10:12:55 AM
Any dates, time & venues arranged for the semis?

I'm hearing
At Dungannon at 2.30 next Saturday - Clonoe v Donaghmore
At Carrickmore at 2.30 next Sunday Dromore v Ardboe

Knock Yer Mucker In

Our game is at 4.30 in Dungannon on saturday

orangeman

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on October 13, 2008, 11:00:12 AM
Our game is at 4.30 in Dungannon on saturday

There must be a game on before you then is there ??

Knock Yer Mucker In

don't know mr orangemen

Looking forward to Wee Roddys analysis of the game

feetofflames

Seen most of the games over the weekend.  Heres what I saw

1) Donaghmore V Kildress.  Kildress just didnt weigh in.  Donaghmore didnt impress me that much.   It was a case of poor performance and some poor decision making.  Donaghmore need Mc Ginn back to have any hope.
2) Clonoe V Dromore.  Great championship tie. Dromore should still be favourites for the championship but when you beat Errigal and Carmen you deserve to be winning the thing.
3) Eglish V ardboe - I heard Ardboe and Coney in particular controlled this game throughout.  Definitely got a chance to repeat the heroics of the men of 98. 
4) Dromore V Coalisland.  Despite losing Mc nabb for the rest of the  Tyrone season Dromore have plenty of good stuff to come in but will face a real battle against Ardboe and ultimately Clonoe to retain their crown.
Chief Wiggum

Tommo2

When are the league fixtures released for this week.

Final Whistle

I believe tyrone's perennial offenders had three men sent off again donaghmore. is this correct?

coney has a class apart yesterday for the rossas, need leadership at the back though IMO.

tyrone86

Quote from: Final Whistle on October 13, 2008, 11:21:32 AM
I believe tyrone's perennial offenders had three men sent off again donaghmore. is this correct?

Correct, 1 for striking 2 for verbals. Apparently the ref got an awful touch from the supporters.

RRHF, who's the fella on the line for Donaghmore along with McKenna?

tyrone86

:D

I was referring to the younger fella that was seemed to be doing most of the shouting as McKenna and Joe were both very restrained.

EC Unique

WJ Dolan Tyrone Junior Reserve Football Championship Final
Strabane 2-2 Errigal Ciarán 111 1-6

First title for the Juniors ;D ;D    At least we have something for the table at the dinner dance :-\

Over the Bar

QuoteCorrect, 1 for striking 2 for verbals. Apparently the ref got an awful touch from the supporters.

And that was just the ladies by all accounts. ;D

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: EC Unique on October 13, 2008, 12:11:02 PM
WJ Dolan Tyrone Junior Reserve Football Championship Final
Strabane 2-2 Errigal Ciarán 111 1-6

First title for the Juniors ;D ;D    At least we have something for the table at the dinner dance :-\

Surely there will be 2 other trophies as well?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Final Whistle

who was the ref and what was the greviance with him? seen it at the eglish game yesterday also, its a terrible task and no matter what one set is going to think your a c*nt either way!
* on a lighter note, anyone else see the guy at the ardboe game that was poleaxed, felt sorry for him, poor man should have been in his bed! :-\

RealSpiritof98

Great result for Carrickmore yesterday (Hurling that is). That Gort na Mona team gave us a good thumping in the last round. Hope they can take the replay but I think they might have missed the boat on this one.