Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

I read in the Free Metro paper on the train this morning that Mugsy is facing an anxious wait on the Refs' report

It then goes on to say ...

"If Mulligan is suspended then Tyrone could call on Stephen O'Neill"

I haven't heard anything to the contrary that Stevie has even slightly indicated he might contemplate coming back.

I know he played at the weekend for the full game but has still huge problems with his troublesome knee

Amazing how much Hughes seems to stir up within his own county.
Does anyone know where he lives?  ::)

I think too much pressure is put on young lads to stay home every summer just so that they don't let the parish down.
You need to live your own live sometimes and not just that of your team members and manager.

Did anyone ever answer my question why are Meath involved in Ulster minor League?

Also does anyone know the rules to when is a suspension only applied at club level?
Are they different categories?

clarshack

clonoe have a massive pick. they'll be alright. maybe i'm wrong but i thought shane o'hagan was togged out for a reserve game against us last year. if so, was he coming back from injury or something?

Zapatista

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 21, 2008, 12:27:11 PM
I read in the Free Metro paper on the train this morning that Mugsy is facing an anxious wait on the Refs' report

I haven't heard anything to the contrary that Stevie has even slightly indicated he might contemplate coming back.

I know he played at the weekend for the full game but has still huge problems with his troublesome knee

I think too much pressure is put on young lads to stay home every summer just so that they don't let the parish down.
You need to live your own live sometimes and not just that of your team members and manager.

I just saw that article in that Ad Rag >:( This gets more frustrating everytime. Lazy Journalism at it's laziest. It looks like the just put in a big picture of Mugsy and a short text the copied from some lazy PR press release.

nrico2006

QuoteDid anyone ever answer my question why are Meath involved in Ulster minor League?

Because they wanted competitive games probably.  Louth were also in it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

take_yer_points

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on May 21, 2008, 11:23:28 AM
Quote from: goal and a point on May 21, 2008, 11:17:16 AM
Fair play to him, he will be playing for Clonoe for the rest of his life and one summer wont make a difference though it may affect damien cassidys chances to mount a good championship challenge.
What are expectations on cassidy around clonoe - what expectations have the club set for him to jusitfy his expenses

with your best players going away before the championship what expectations would you have. Its hard enough to win with all your players. We have to look at our players and ask them the questions. I can only guess if our club had of known that a players of his ability was going they might not have went for Cassidy. Whats wromng with going to down under from November to April. Am I that far removed from my thinking!!! ???

Fair play to him is right. I dunno much about the fella but heading away for the summer is great and is certainly better than hanging about home! I did it myself and have no regrets about missing the Gaelic.

What would happen if he wanted to go next year? Someone else would be saying that he shouldn't be away - he'll hit 30 and still be hanging about home waiting for the championship year in year out. I wouldn't hold it against him at all. Clonoe and the championship will be there for him next year.

Fear ón Srath Bán

As reliable as a free red-topped tabloid could be Fuzzman; of course, being from the Daily Mail stable it couldn't be anything but 100% accurate  ;)

By the way, how's your bambino doing, girl or boy (and apologies if you're repeating yourself)?

Sláinte.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

Derrytresk minors beat Galbally by 2 in Championship.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Ardboe 2-13 to Errigal 2-11 AET tonight in an enthralling contest - A real clinker of a match with the outcome in doubt right to the end.

redcard

Teamtalk MFC Quarter Finals - Wednesday 21st May 2008

Grade 1

Moortown v Gortin OFF

Dromore 1-10 Dungannon 2-5

Ardboe 2-15 Errigal Ciaran 2-13 (AET)

Omagh 1-14 Coalisland 1-11

Grade 2

Newtownstewart v Kildress OFF

Augher 3-20 Clonoe 1-8

Grade 3

Rock 3-6 Stewarstown 4-9

Trillick 3-6 Clann Na nGael 3-7

Derrytresk 0-15 Galbally 2-7

Brocagh 2-8 Michael Cusack's 1-9

loughshore lad

Quote from: redcard on May 21, 2008, 11:16:05 PM

Grade 1

Moortown v Gortin OFF

I heard last night the ref didnt show for the Moortown - Gortin, hardly good enough for a minor championship game?

loughshore lad

Quote from: orangeman on May 21, 2008, 11:04:03 PM
Ardboe 2-13 to Errigal 2-11 AET tonight in an enthralling contest - A real clinker of a match with the outcome in doubt right to the end.

Yes a very exciting and thoroughly enjoyable game throughout.

orangeman

Quote from: loughshore lad on May 22, 2008, 08:37:58 AM

Grade 1

Moortown v Gortin OFF

I heard last night the ref didnt show for the Moortown - Gortin, hardly good enough for a minor championship game?

It was the top referee in Tyrone who didn't appear and the game has to be refixed !

loughshore lad

Quote from: orangeman on May 22, 2008, 10:40:34 AM
Quote from: loughshore lad on May 22, 2008, 08:37:58 AM

Grade 1

Moortown v Gortin OFF

It was the top referee in Tyrone who didn't appear and the game has to be refixed !

Maybe he didnt want to face all the abuse he recieves at these underage games  ;D :D ;) ;)

Fuzzman

Did anyone ever answer my question why are Meath involved in Ulster minor League?

Also does anyone know the rules to when is a suspension only applied at club level?

To answer my own question
Quote from the Hoganstand Tyrone page about Mugsy
However, he will only be ineligible for the county if he is found guilty of a more serious category three, four or five offence. Any ban for a category two offence, which is the most common offence warranting a red card and includes striking would only apply to club action

When will a decision be announced?

orangeman

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 22, 2008, 01:49:36 PM

To answer my own question
Quote from the Hoganstand Tyrone page about Mugsy
However, he will only be ineligible for the county if he is found guilty of a more serious category three, four or five offence. Any ban for a category two offence, which is the most common offence warranting a red card and includes striking would only apply to club action

When will a decision be announced?

I heard he's injured anyway, so he won't be fit for Down game in any case ??