Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 7403051 times)

WT4E

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #43785 on: September 12, 2020, 12:08:06 PM »
What age is the fella Haughey who played well in defensive role last night? Looks a bit older and dodgy knees but was veyr important for the Sarsfields.

With Kileeshil gone Cookstown will really fancy it now - party being organised in Mulligans already I hear!

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #43786 on: September 12, 2020, 01:42:18 PM »
What age is the fella Haughey who played well in defensive role last night? Looks a bit older and dodgy knees but was veyr important for the Sarsfields.

With Kileeshil gone Cookstown will really fancy it now - party being organised in Mulligans already I hear!

All playing for runners up to Kildress I reckon. Though I see Peter Hughes named in the eskra side for today’s match. Could be interesting.

delgany

• View Profile
« Reply #43787 on: September 12, 2020, 02:36:32 PM »

He'd be about 30 /31

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #43788 on: September 12, 2020, 06:18:06 PM »

He'd be about 30 /31

32. Was captain of the Brothers team that won Hogan in 2007.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

on the sideline

• View Profile
« Reply #43789 on: September 12, 2020, 06:24:36 PM »

All playing for runners up to Kildress I reckon. Though I see Peter Hughes named in the eskra side fortoday’s match. Could be interesting.

Poor referee in Eskra Kildress game. Kildress second goal should never have been allowed to stand. He had blown for a free in to Kildress, whilst the ball in was in the air, just after the Kildress player had kicked it towards goal. Next thing it lands with a Kildress forward after the Eskra defenders had stopped, he catches it, runs towards goal and buries it.

If he hadn’t blown the whistle and was playing advantage, fair enough. But he clearly blew it, so the goal shouldn’t have counted.
Just one of quite a few poor decisions today.

Having said that Kildress the better team and will be hard to stop for the championship.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 06:30:38 PM by on the sideline »

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #43790 on: September 12, 2020, 06:31:57 PM »

All playing for runners up to Kildress I reckon. Though I see Peter Hughes named in the eskra side fortoday’s match. Could be interesting.

Poor referee in Eskra Kildress game. Kildress second goal should never have been allowed to stand. He had blown for a free in to Kildress, whilst the ball in was in the air, just after the Kildress player had kicked it towards goal. Next thing it lands with a Kildress forward after the Eskra defenders had stopped, he catches it, runs towards goal and buries it.

If he hadn’t blown the whistle and was playing advantage, fair enough. But he clearly blew it, so the goal shouldn’t have counted.

Having said that Kildress the better team and will be hard to stop for the championship.

Did he blow for free or mark?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

on the sideline

• View Profile
« Reply #43791 on: September 12, 2020, 06:59:13 PM »

Did he blow for free or mark?

Free. He blew after it was kicked, but before it was caught.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 07:00:45 PM by on the sideline »

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #43792 on: September 12, 2020, 07:00:22 PM »
Killeeshil v Drumragh
Gleann Éalla v Cookstown
Eskra Emmetts v Kildress
Castlederg v Errigal Ciaran
Brac an Bhil v Clann na nGael
Drumquin v Cill na mBán.
Derrytresk v Urney
Fianna Oileá v Brockagh

Hurling -
Naomh Columcille vs. Omagh 
Carrickmore vs. Dungannon
I’m far from an expert on Tyrone hurling but I’m surprised to see you going for Carrickmore. I thought Dungannon were streets ahead by now?
Nah, I suppose you’re right.

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #43793 on: September 12, 2020, 09:58:13 PM »

Didnt notice that at the time will have to watch it back. Heard some say that a mark was called but the ref wasn't great blowing it all day but one of the thoughts in the stand amongst Kildress supporters was that we thought he was goin to blow for a penalty for a foul on Caolan McNamee as he caught the long ball but he had the composure to offload to Shea Murphy for the goal.

Peter Hughes still classy however would have thought we might have changed a diff man onto him to see if we could nulify him.

Fionntamhnach

• "Hey Lawrence..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #43794 on: September 13, 2020, 03:27:09 PM »
Some result for Brackaville, 13 point turnaround to beat Clann na nGael 3-16 to 5-7. Yeah, I'm in T***yreagh for my sins.
"I can't be arsed any more; too much ignorance, bigotry, dogma, idiocy & retreat from reason"

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #43795 on: September 13, 2020, 08:19:00 PM »
Urney just beat Derrytresk on penalties following a monumental effort by Derrytresk to throw the game away.

Pearse Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #43796 on: September 14, 2020, 11:33:16 AM »
Anyone know the league structure next year? Is it meant to change?

How many can be relegated etc?

Goals_Will_Come

• View Profile
« Reply #43797 on: September 14, 2020, 04:22:05 PM »

18 teams in Division 1
16 teams in Division 2
15 Teams in Division 3.
Would be 4 teams being relegated from Div 1 and 2.
If they go with the previously planned restructure of 12 teams in 1A 1B and 2 in 2022 theres a possibility of 8 teams going down from Division 1 next season.

Gaagaagaa20

• View Profile
« Reply #43798 on: September 14, 2020, 05:43:36 PM »

18 teams in Division 1
16 teams in Division 2
15 Teams in Division 3.
If they go with the previously planned restructure of 12 teams in 1A 1B and 2 in 2022 theres a possibility of 8 teams going down from Division 1 next season.

18 teams in Division 1
16 teams in Division 2
15 Teams in Division 3.
Correct in terms of the number of teams in each Division, but only 6 would be relagated from Division 1 because intermediate League and Championship winners would only go to 1B

Fionntamhnach

• "Hey Lawrence..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #43799 on: September 14, 2020, 10:44:20 PM »
JFC Quarter Finals...

Brackaville vs. Drumquin (Saturday @Pomeroy 1.00pm)
Brocagh vs. Cookstown (TBA)
Drumragh vs. Castlederg (Saturday @Newtownstewart 1.00pm)
Kildress vs. Urney (Sunday @Killyclogher 1.00pm)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 10:46:49 PM by Fionntamhnach »
"I can't be arsed any more; too much ignorance, bigotry, dogma, idiocy & retreat from reason"