Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

£16 for a game online a god damn disgrace. What's the cost attending live?

RedHand88

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 14, 2021, 02:08:01 AM
£16 for a game online a god damn disgrace. What's the cost attending live?

£15

WT4E

Heard someone say earlier that it makes sense to price the game higher online to make sure attendance is good. I think that's rubbish.
Dromore and Coalisland supporters and die hard neutrals will turn out regardless.
The man thinking about the price will probably not use either as a standalone buy but if the online price was more reasonable you could get alot more buys from Tyrone and outside Tyrone Neutrals IMO.

RedHand88

Quote from: WT4E on November 14, 2021, 09:26:55 AM
Heard someone say earlier that it makes sense to price the game higher online to make sure attendance is good. I think that's rubbish.
Dromore and Coalisland supporters and die hard neutrals will turn out regardless.
The man thinking about the price will probably not use either as a standalone buy but if the online price was more reasonable you could get alot more buys from Tyrone and outside Tyrone Neutrals IMO.

Isn't attendance capped at 500 anyway? Hardly not going to be a sellout!

manwithnoplan

I'm a Down man but I was looking forward to watching the Tyrone final until I seen this £16 price for a stream. Scandalous! So many outside Tyrone enjoy your championship and a reasonably priced stream would have likely attracted a couple of thousand additional purchases. Not at this price. Disappointed I'll not see it myself. And as for rejecting TG4 and the chance for the whole island to see your showpiece game, ridiculous.

An Watcher

I think it's understandable that Tyrone don't allow rte or tg4 to show these games considering the amount of money they'd lose out on.  At the same time would RTE/TG4 give anything for these games in the first place or would they just look to another final that they'd get for nothing? 
I do think the pricing to show it is scandalous though

Eire90

also is the 5.30pm kick off time on a sunday a bit of problem

RedHand88

Quote from: manwithnoplan on November 14, 2021, 11:10:16 AM
I'm a Down man but I was looking forward to watching the Tyrone final until I seen this £16 price for a stream. Scandalous! So many outside Tyrone enjoy your championship and a reasonably priced stream would have likely attracted a couple of thousand additional purchases. Not at this price. Disappointed I'll not see it myself. And as for rejecting TG4 and the chance for the whole island to see your showpiece game, ridiculous.

Worth mentioning that Tyrone wans abroad would not be able to see the final on tg4. They will be able to get it through Tyrone tv now though.

In hiding

I think £15 to pay into watch it is a much bigger issue.
£15 to watch one club game is crazy

manwithnoplan

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 14, 2021, 11:53:11 AM

Worth mentioning that Tyrone wans abroad would not be able to see the final on tg4. They will be able to get it through Tyrone tv now though.

That is a fair point and it does highlight the benefit of the live streaming, it's really just the pricing that is the issue. Especially after their own spokesman basically acknowledged that the cost of living has risen for everyone whenever he was making some sort of ham-fisted attempt to justify the price.

The Down final was very well attended, and was also streamed at £8.

Under Lights

Quote from: manwithnoplan on November 14, 2021, 12:19:11 PM

That is a fair point and it does highlight the benefit of the live streaming, it's really just the pricing that is the issue. Especially after their own spokesman basically acknowledged that the cost of living has risen for everyone whenever he was making some sort of ham-fisted attempt to justify the price.

How did Down County teams do this year. July exit was it.

Quote from: Under Lights on November 14, 2021, 12:56:33 PM
Quote from: manwithnoplan on November 14, 2021, 12:19:11 PM

How did Down County teams do this year. July exit was it.

Your right, down are clearly not a good county team because they charge 8 quid to stream their county final.... Catch yourself on

LeoMc

Quote from: WT4E on November 14, 2021, 09:26:55 AM
That could have been me. I would stand by it. Hate to sound like Eugene but with the stream you have no travelling costs and potentially multiple viewers. We will have 8 in the house watching it.

Quote from: In hiding on November 14, 2021, 12:14:08 PM
I think £15 to pay into watch it is a much bigger issue.
£15 to watch one club game is crazy

This👆🏻
If they had been priced at £10 and £11 or even £12 and £13 with u16's free there would have been a lot less complaints.
As WT4E says Dromore and Coalisland fans will attend regardless so setting the gate price so high is gouging them and putting off the neutral.

yellowcard

Bizarre logic from the Tyrone PRO to link the cost of streaming the match to being 'one pound more than the gate price.' Very poor attempt at justifying an over the top charge. He claims that they sold '2 or 3 thousand' live streams for one of the semi finals which should equate to an income of £40k in live streams if the same number of people purchase the final. If his figures are accurate in terms of the number of streams then it will be interesting to see how many people pay £16 for a final match. I don't know of the quality of the streaming but irrespective of whether it is top quality or not, a live stream doesn't provide the full picture or same experience as attending a live event.

Irrespective of all of that it sounds as though he simply sees everything through the prism of pounds, shilling and pence. Surely the county final showpiece is about much more than raising finance for the county coffers, it is about access to as wide an audience as possible. Some will not tune in because they simply can't afford it.

the goal was on

Could some lads not fire up a few links to wipe the county board out??