Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 6954662 times)

square_ball

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #42945 on: February 21, 2020, 02:46:45 PM »
The last time the intermediate champions faced the reigning senior champions there was an upset. Stranger things have happened.

Keyboard Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #42946 on: February 21, 2020, 03:23:45 PM »
I'll have a go at this then for a bit of value, lets see who times proves correct.

Clonoe v Coalisland

I'll have a go with the Rahillys here, Coalisland are an ageing team at this stage and O'Hagan probably won't be the man to finish off players that have served him well in the past. I think Clonoe will benefit massively from McAliskey with the club all year and the McDonnell factor might bring a bite of badness back to Clonoe. Clonoe gave Trillick a good run of it last year but ultimately just didn't have enough, they'll quietly fancy themselves to chin Coalisland. Tie of the round.

Moy v Derrylaughan

Great tie for both teams who I reckon will be struggling badly in the league by the time this game comes around. This one could go eitherway, I'd stick my head on the block for Derrylaughan as any kind of injury to either of the Cavanaghs will finish off the Moy hopes. Won't be surprised if this one ends in the annual brawl that the first round of the Championship usually brings.

Galbally v Trillick

Trillick are Trillick, do the basics so well - don't make many mistakes and have about 4/5 players all capable of scoring their quota. They'll be favourites for this and the Championship so I can't really see past them myself. But Galbally will not be one bit worried about playing them, in a strange way this could be the best tie they could have got. I fancy Galbally to be rightly up in the league come this one being played - I think Trillick will win this by experience but don't think it will be the walkover some might predict.

Killyclogher v Carrickmore

What do Carrickmore have left in the tank? Still playing a right few of the older players, Gormley probably kept them in the Championship v Edendork last year. This could be the year it all catches up with them. Killyclogher are a very good senior side. I would imagine they'll win this one but Carrickmore won't give them anything on the plate that can be certain.

Loughmacrory v Dungannon

Has to be Dungannon, learned hard lessons v Omagh last year. Recruitment of a former Tyrone U20 player. now and the pressure will be on with this draw to go on a bit of a run. Loughmacrory have a lot of very good young players - this could be one of the games of the first round. The Lough will have no fear of Dungannon but Dungannon now have that years experience. Lough might be going balls out in first 8/9 league games to get the points and could be worn down by that stage depending on how Senior football treats them on their return.

Ardboe v Donaghmore

Fancy Donaghmore to struggle in the league. They've always been comfortable without setting the world alight in Senior. Do they have anything about them or ambition? This draw gives them a big chance to take on a good team and make a statement. I think Ardboe will be too cute and probably might just resort to bullying Donaghmore to get the job done.

Errigal Ciaran v Pomeroy

The disaster draw for Pomeroy. With all their county men fit and up to speed they'll give it a good rattle - they'll fancy themselves but Senior will be tough for them this year. Depends how they hold up with injury and how they are doing in the league but Errigal go into this one as heavy favourites and probably the tie you'll put the house on right now if forced to pick a winner.

Omagh v Dromore

Dromore have a huge point to prove to all of Tyrone after last year. That will be ringing in their ears at every training session from now to this tie. I can imagine exactly what they are being told up in Gardrum every night. What happened them last year won't be allowed to happen again. Omagh are a very good team though, this will be a great game. I will call this one a draw with Omagh to go on in the replay for a bit of variety. Both teams need to win this one as their recent Championship records haven't been great and should be one of the ties of the opening round too.

you do realise of the 14 outfield coalisland players against trillick in last years semi final 9 are under 25?  however i'm looking forward to see how McDollar copes with the pressure of another well paid clonoe manager coming up against us in the championship!

R.e. Coalisland's age profile - above point is continually missed. They should be there or there abouts for a good few years.

Localexpert

• View Profile
« Reply #42947 on: February 21, 2020, 06:01:31 PM »

you do realise of the 14 outfield coalisland players against trillick in last years semi final 9 are under 25?  however i'm looking forward to see how McDollar copes with the pressure of another well paid clonoe manager coming up against us in the championship!

I hope come closer to the time you can tell us more of Coalislands tactics and player availability Local Expert.

Will Kerr / McNiece / Toner / Kane start for Coalisland this year v Clonoe in the Championship?

I don't understand your point. Are you suggesting they shouldn't?

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #42948 on: February 22, 2020, 12:24:02 PM »
Asking you opinon just on that. Add in Peter Donnelly in nets.....McGahan is the go to man off the bench. The Fianna aren't that young.

Under Lights

• View Profile
« Reply #42949 on: February 26, 2020, 10:48:12 AM »
When will league fixtures be available

GaaFanatic123

• View Profile
« Reply #42950 on: February 26, 2020, 11:28:32 AM »

I hope come closer to the time you can tell us more of Coalislands tactics and player availability Local Expert.

Will Kerr / McNiece / Toner / Kane start for Coalisland this year v Clonoe in the Championship?

Id say Clonoe would love to meet a Coalisland team without Kerr / McNiece / Toner / Kane, they would no longer be a top 4 side in Tyrone without them

Localexpert

• View Profile
« Reply #42951 on: February 26, 2020, 01:19:02 PM »

Id say Clonoe would love to meet a Coalisland team without Kerr / McNiece / Toner / Kane, they would no longer be a top 4 side in Tyrone without them

I think mcneice is still in his 20s and this lunatic is putting him down as being too old!

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #42952 on: February 26, 2020, 02:23:44 PM »

I think mcneice is still in his 20s and this lunatic is putting him down as being too old!

Awful touchy for what was a bit of innocent pre season chatter about a Championship game that won't be played for months. Maybe it's something that is being mentioned round Coalisland, this is the last chance....and a few of the mentioned players have said as much....

GaaFanatic123

• View Profile
« Reply #42953 on: February 26, 2020, 02:47:12 PM »

McNeice is 29, won the All Ireland minors with Petey Harte & Matty Donnelly in 2008

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #42954 on: February 26, 2020, 03:32:53 PM »
Local Expert any word on this Fianna 3rds team? How are you shaping up? You’ll take a game yourself maybe.

Peter john

• View Profile
« Reply #42955 on: February 26, 2020, 05:43:29 PM »
Who's in charge of killyclogher

Eire90

• View Profile
« Reply #42956 on: February 26, 2020, 06:31:37 PM »
when does the leagues start.

Localexpert

• View Profile
« Reply #42957 on: February 26, 2020, 11:48:05 PM »
Local Expert any word on this Fianna 3rds team? How are you shaping up? You’ll take a game yourself maybe.

As young martin skeff said at the draw last week it's just going to be a bit of fun for the lads.  Bit of football so will see how it goes.  Unfortunately our merry crew are a bit old for that carry on.  Hope it goes well but when the league shuts down for 6 months over the summer might be hard to keep them interested.

Localexpert

• View Profile
« Reply #42958 on: February 26, 2020, 11:51:49 PM »

Awful touchy for what was a bit of innocent pre season chatter about a Championship game that won't be played for months. Maybe it's something that is being mentioned round Coalisland, this is the last chance....and a few of the mentioned players have said as much....

The only thing I've heard being mentioned is how happy stevy mcdollar will be no matter what happens during the game  because he'll still get his big bag of money down the road with him.

blackball

• View Profile
« Reply #42959 on: February 27, 2020, 08:49:05 AM »

The only thing I've heard being mentioned is how happy stevy mcdollar will be no matter what happens during the game  because he'll still get his big bag of money down the road with him.

Clonoe can afford these high profile managers and the options inside the club are a bit limited so why not splash the cash for a manager when you have it? I know yous tried it there a few years ago but obviously you couldn't sustain it.