Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 6718457 times)

Angelo

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #40425 on: August 14, 2019, 09:15:08 PM »
Any word on how bad Cassidy's injury was?

Didn't look great, he would be a huge loss for Ardboe.

BIGONE

• View Profile
« Reply #40426 on: August 15, 2019, 08:20:39 AM »
CCCC meeting last night to sort fixtures and venues going forward. Not sure what they have been doin for the last 2 weeks but I'm last night sorted it, fixtures will be out today and there will be no hiccups.  :o

bogball88

• View Profile
« Reply #40427 on: August 15, 2019, 10:05:12 AM »
Any word on how bad Cassidy's injury was?

Didn't look great, he would be a huge loss for Ardboe.
Was training Tuesday night so couldn't be that bad

Jimbop

• View Profile
« Reply #40428 on: August 15, 2019, 11:10:32 PM »
CCCC meeting last night to sort fixtures and venues going forward. Not sure what they have been doin for the last 2 weeks but I'm last night sorted it, fixtures will be out today and there will be no hiccups.  :o

Still no word then.....?

Under Lights

• View Profile
« Reply #40429 on: August 16, 2019, 08:34:06 AM »
Seems some championship fixtures are known ie Dromore Trillick on 6th of September in Healy Park.

Goals_Will_Come

• View Profile
« Reply #40430 on: August 16, 2019, 11:22:59 AM »
Seems some championship fixtures are known ie Dromore Trillick on 6th of September in Healy Park.
Greencastle V Clogher is meant to be the curtain raiser.

TabClear

• View Profile
« Reply #40431 on: August 16, 2019, 11:49:44 AM »
Greencastle V Clogher is meant to be the curtain raiser.

Junior championship fixed for next weekend it appears, kicking off Friday night

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #40432 on: August 16, 2019, 12:03:46 PM »
County Board having an absolute mare at the minute... must have been on rip all week cause big Eunan getting hitched!

Under Lights

• View Profile
« Reply #40433 on: August 16, 2019, 12:16:39 PM »
County Board having an absolute mare at the minute... must have been on rip all week cause big Eunan getting hitched!

Next Saturdays fixtures up on the website now, 1pm and 2.30pm Saturday.

BG_Gael

• View Profile
« Reply #40434 on: August 16, 2019, 12:29:03 PM »

Strange way to handle the Junior Championship with the preliminary round being played on the same weekend as the 1st round. Doesn't make much sense? But then again not many of their decisions lately have.

TabClear

• View Profile
« Reply #40435 on: August 16, 2019, 12:36:38 PM »

Strange way to handle the Junior Championship with the preliminary round being played on the same weekend as the 1st round. Doesn't make much sense? But then again not many of their decisions lately have.

Agreed, but I assume they want to get things rattled off now, especially Div 3. It does raise the question will the remaining first round game involving the prelim game winner be shoehorned i midweek or something? Giving clubs 7 day notice for a championship game on a Friday evening is not the best approach either but I suppose it is the same for everyone.

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #40436 on: August 16, 2019, 12:52:30 PM »

Agreed, but I assume they want to get things rattled off now, especially Div 3. It does raise the question will the remaining first round game involving the prelim game winner be shoehorned i midweek or something? Giving clubs 7 day notice for a championship game on a Friday evening is not the best approach either but I suppose it is the same for everyone.

Remaining 1st round game down for 8 Sept so there wont be any QFs until at least weekend beginning 13 Sept... so 7 days notice for 1st round and then nothing for 3 weeks minimum.

Would it not have been better to play prelim round this weekend and then get all first rounds games played next weekend and then give 2 weeks break between 1st round and QFs?

Jimbop

• View Profile
« Reply #40437 on: August 16, 2019, 01:06:40 PM »
https://twitter.com/AodhanHarkin/status/1162320040567476226?s=19

Dont agree with having championship games on fintonas training pitch. Bit disrespectful to the teams playing.

on the sideline

• View Profile
« Reply #40438 on: August 16, 2019, 01:11:25 PM »

Remaining 1st round game down for 8 Sept so there wont be any QFs until at least weekend beginning 13 Sept... so 7 days notice for 1st round and then nothing for 3 weeks minimum.

Would it not have been better to play prelim round this weekend and then get all first rounds games played next weekend and then give 2 weeks break between 1st round and QFs?

It absolutely would have made more sense to do that. Instead the teams who win the first round games will, if you’re going by the 2 week gap to the remaining first round game involving the preliminary winners, have a month to wait before the quarter finals.  The preliminary game should have been played first seperately and then the rest of the rounds run in sync with a a two week gap between rounds.

on the sideline

• View Profile
« Reply #40439 on: August 16, 2019, 01:12:55 PM »
https://twitter.com/AodhanHarkin/status/1162320040567476226?s=19

Dont agree with having championship games on fintonas training pitch. Bit disrespectful to the teams playing.

Agree completely!