Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 6240915 times)

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #39780 on: January 21, 2019, 09:45:18 AM »
All ulster league groups and fixtures up on ulster GAA websites. Strabane , Mooretown and Gortin are all in different groups in the intermediate section. Always surprised at how few clubs use this comp. officially organised and refereed games readily available without the hassle of ringing around looking challenge games and organising a referee etc.

Fully agree - It's a great comp, played in it a few times but managers at present seem focused on the S+C aspect of February, rather than games and some like to keep their gameplans away from prying eyes so they drag lads to the furthest places they can for challenge games.

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #39781 on: January 21, 2019, 09:47:17 AM »
All ulster league groups and fixtures up on ulster GAA websites. Strabane , Mooretown and Gortin are all in different groups in the intermediate section. Always surprised at how few clubs use this comp. officially organised and refereed games readily available without the hassle of ringing around looking challenge games and organising a referee etc.

Very easy to organise friendlies this time of year as every club is wanting them. Also there is an entry fee in the Ulster league not to mention away games to Donegal & Cavan teams aren't ideal when you could organise a game far closer to home. I think this has been the main factor in teams not entering it.

Maor Uisce

• View Profile
« Reply #39782 on: January 21, 2019, 11:13:04 AM »
I’ve played in it many times myself. I think the furthest journey we had was to newry. Always decent craic on a spin to games. The fee is minimal and a club wouldnt be long running up a bigger bill paying refs and possibly booking pitches for half way venues etc. In terms of focusing on conditioning and fitness a good manager would have their team putting in the work despite games as it is only a pre season comp. Games are key to fitness anyway.

Tyrone95

• View Profile
« Reply #39783 on: January 22, 2019, 09:54:14 AM »
Sunday 27th   U.21 Round 1 at 2.30pm

Ardboe O’Donovan Rossa V BYE

Dungannon Thomas Clarkes V Eglish St Patrick’s

Galbally Pearses V Killeeshil St Mary’s

Dromore St Dympna’s V BYE

Carrickmore St Colmcille’s V Killyclogher St Mary’s

Omagh St Enda’s V Errigal Ciaran

Killyman St Mary’s V BYE

Cookstown Fr Rocks V Coalisland Fianna

Moy Tír na nÓg V Clonoe O’Rahilly’s

Derrylaughan Kevin Barry’s V Rock St Patrick’s

Aghyaran St Davog’s V Loughmacrory St Teresa’s

Drumragh Sarsfields V Greencastle St Patrick’s

Beragh Red Knights V Kildress Wolfe Tones

Fixtures for the upcoming under 21 competition. Not sure what the grading is this year as all fixtures are released as one on Tyrone website.  I think Carmen won the double at this age-group in minors and probably wont be far away again.  You would fancy a lot of teams to be pushing hard as a stepping stone for the upcoming season.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #39784 on: January 22, 2019, 10:08:01 AM »
Killyman/Drumragh/Beragh caught my eye here. Fair play to them for entering. Noticeable a lot of bigger clubs missing here - lack of interest? Numbers?

GlenMan

• View Profile
« Reply #39785 on: January 22, 2019, 10:13:24 AM »
Killyman/Drumragh/Beragh caught my eye here. Fair play to them for entering. Noticeable a lot of bigger clubs missing here - lack of interest? Numbers?

Fair play to them for entering??

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #39786 on: January 22, 2019, 10:54:47 AM »
Not exactly known for having large picks considering some other clubs that did not enter.

GaaFanatic123

• View Profile
« Reply #39787 on: January 22, 2019, 11:05:02 AM »

Drumragh are one of the biggest clubs in terms of numbers in Tyrone?? I dimagine any club not entering is because they dont have the numbers and maybe cant afford to risk even an injury so early on as id imagine most decent U21's should be playing senior football

Fionntamhnach

• "If I won the award for laziness, I'd send somebody to pick it up for me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #39788 on: January 22, 2019, 07:15:08 PM »
Under 21 Gradings

Grade 1

Group A

Dungannon
Galbally
Killeeshil
Eglish
Ardboe

Group B

Errigal Ciaran
Dromore
Carrickmore
Killyclogher
Omagh

Grade 2

Group A

Coalisland
Cookstown
Killyman
Clonoe
Derrylaughan
Rock
Moy

Group B

Greencastle
Aghyaran
Drumragh
Loughmacrory
Beragh
Kildress

----------

Ulster Club Leagues 2019 - Tyrone entrants

Senior: Dromore, Killyclogher, Eglish
Intermediate: Gortin, Moortown, Strabane
Junior: Brocagh, Fintona, Glenelly
Putting internet gobsh*tes in their place since 1999.

Fionntamhnach

• "If I won the award for laziness, I'd send somebody to pick it up for me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #39789 on: January 22, 2019, 11:14:38 PM »
Drumragh are one of the biggest clubs in terms of numbers in Tyrone??

Putting internet gobsh*tes in their place since 1999.

omaghjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #39790 on: January 23, 2019, 05:28:00 AM »
Do Galbally send "the lads" round to collect the membership?

GaaFanatic123

• View Profile
« Reply #39791 on: January 23, 2019, 10:44:21 AM »
Drumragh are one of the biggest clubs in terms of numbers in Tyrone??

Thanks for this Fintona man, I was sweating a bit when the evidence wa produced but good to see my point proven :)

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #39792 on: January 23, 2019, 11:00:02 AM »
Interesting statistics - wasn't aware Drumragh had such an adult / youth membership.

I'm now questioning why they are in junior football? Obviously not all members are players but with that type of foundation surely they should be performing better, have Omagh perhaps taken some of their better prospects?

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #39793 on: January 23, 2019, 11:09:50 AM »
Interesting statistics - wasn't aware Drumragh had such an adult / youth membership.

I'm now questioning why they are in junior football? Obviously not all members are players but with that type of foundation surely they should be performing better, have Omagh perhaps taken some of their better prospects?

Drumragh have been working hard on youth over the last 10 years. There's been a big change in the club since the new pitch and that's only starting to show now in the youth set up. When based in Omagh it was always a struggle to maintain numbers but now in Clanabogan the youth systems have really grown. Will take a while before it comes across into the seniors but there's signs of a few strong youth teams now, which we never really had in the past. Parents have a stronger buy in now as well I've noticed since we are out in Clanabogan which is great to see.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

GaaFanatic123

• View Profile
« Reply #39794 on: January 23, 2019, 11:13:12 AM »

Its really within the last 10 years that they're numbers have grown from underage level so you would imagine they shortly they will make a push at junior!
They where in an U21 final 3/4 years ago aswel and i think they where bate so another reason why its not really surprising for them to be in it.