Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Fergal McCann brings killyclogher to the county final, maybe he wasn't the problem in Carrick more after all

Localexpert

Quote from: In hiding on October 07, 2018, 02:22:49 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on October 07, 2018, 01:24:42 PM
Quote from: In hiding on October 07, 2018, 12:32:27 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on October 07, 2018, 09:54:30 AM
Quote from: In hiding on October 07, 2018, 01:12:41 AM
Quote from: Localexpert on October 06, 2018, 08:06:04 PM
Quote from: In hiding on October 06, 2018, 07:50:03 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on October 06, 2018, 07:06:12 PM
We absolutely got out of jail today but it was the ultimate banana skin after the big wins over the last two weekends.  Thankfully in this instance you can count on the Stoop Down Low Players to bend the knee when it comes to the heat of battle.
Makes a change from your lads lying down in the big games I suppose

3rd final this decade would make any club supporter happy.  You seem to have something against us why is that?  Is it because we knocked you out and you're paying your manager a fortune?

Nah that's not it, we got knocked out by killyclogher. Paid a manager for two years out of the last eight and the last time I remember Omagh playing Coalisland in the championship was the first round in 2014 when your lads capitulated when 4 points up with 10mins to go. The reason I seem to have something against you is that you are a bad winner and you should know better

So omagh haven't been accused of capitulating in games in the past  ::)

Every team loses big games. I dont come on here gloating when we come out on the right side of a tight game

So you accept every team loses big games but you've questioned the fianna's mentality etc in big games.  Do you always contradict yourself in life or just on here?
This conversation came about from your crap about other teams lying down when faced by the mighty fianna. Simply pointing out that coalisland have proven to lose at least as many big games as anyone else. Either you are missing the point on purpose or you're just not very bright

Other teams no just edendork because they've no history or tradition in the cup so likely to falter in that situation.  I've utmost respect for achievements of dromore and to a lesser extent ballygawley + 2 teams.  I've never once said this fianna team are "mighty" they have hit form at the right time and are getting the most important thing a team needs.... a bit of luck

Jeremiah O

Just in from Carrickmore,absolutely gutted.Thought we had it won but huge credit to Killyclogher for pegging us back and then taking the lead.They were stronger in extra time and deserved to pull through.
Cannot fault the effort of our boys,they gave every ounce of effort they had and have restored pride in the orange and blue jersey.
Best of luck to both teams in the final though I hope the Fianna can bring the cup to the East.
Unconquered and unconquerable

omaghjoe

Junior final

Beragh 1-3 Newton 1-7

Mayse on after 5 minutes. Newton very efficient. Beragh plenty of ball a lot more wasteful and missed a penalty

NotedObserver

Any good performers from todays game between Killyclogher and Ardboe?

inroundthesquare

Quote from: NotedObserver on October 07, 2018, 07:41:08 PM

Matthew Murnaghan and Tiernan McCann stood out for me especially 2nd half / extra time.
Shay McGuigan also kicked a few great scores in the 2nd half.

Mark Bradley got a very heavy hit - went back on but wasn't in any shape to continue...if ribs are not broke he should be alright for 2 weeks time

omaghjoe

Junior Final FT
Beragh 1-10 Newton 1-12

Same story as first half... Beragh very wasteful and Newton more clinical. Mayse very sharp when given any chance, K. Gallagher looked good also. Cathal Owens drove Beragh on in 2nd half Nathan Grimes looked sharp too. Prias McSorley did a decent job subduing Marty Rodgers influence.

southtyronegael

thought coney played well but much too deep most of the time. simon o neill v good in full forward line for kc. Nathan Donnelly played well also. tiarnan mc cann hit an unreal point from tight angle to put them in front late on. good hard game.

Scoring Zone

Quote from: inroundthesquare on October 07, 2018, 08:41:07 PM

Matthew Murnaghan and Tiernan McCann stood out for me especially 2nd half / extra time.
Shay McGuigan also kicked a few great scores in the 2nd half.

Mark Bradley got a very heavy hit - went back on but wasn't in any shape to continue...if ribs are not broke he should be alright for 2 weeks time

there was a massive amount of basic errors, particularly hand passes which got a few men rinsed (how bradley was allowed back on was negligent, he was knocked stupid and all over the shop) ardboe where very composed in possession, brought k'clogher down to there level ran out of men to bring on and k'cloghers quality eventually paid off, thought 25 blonde haired lad made a big impact but thought ardboe was hard down by on a penalty at the end

Norf Tyrone

Enjoyable Junior Final on Sunday evening. There was a decent atmosphere and a healthy crowd for a wet Sunday evening and I am sure those in attendance were entertained.

Newtownstewart started well, despite losing their top scorer McSorley after only 4 minutes. Beragh came back well with Cathal Owens putting in a huge shift in the second half and probably could've had a draw with NTS hanging on a wee bit near the end. There was a couple of calls too that went against Beragh. Stephen Campbell was consistent, but I thought he let a few hard hits go at times.

I have to say there was some superb scores over the hour with Ryan Mayse grabbing a couple, and one from Kevin Gallagher particularly eye catching. Beragh had a couple of excellent scores as well. While Gallagher especially dictated the game, I felt Beragh's big guns were well marshaled. Piaras McSorley particularly effective on Marty Rodgers.

All in all good to see another Norf Tyrone side up in Division 2.

:-)
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

jb81

Poor enough game in Carrickmore yesterday in the senior semi final. Up to the last 5/10 minutes and into extra time, when Killyclogher played well and ground out the win. Tiernan Mc'Cann I thought really stood up at the end and helped get them over the line. Bradley was a big loss. Should never had came back on. Was an awful collision. Really think the Ardboe fella was lucky to only get a yellow. Completely took him out. He didn't know where he was when he came back on. Ended up playing corner back.

Killyclogher set up defensively but do it well. Gorman and Mc'Fadden who plays as sweeper i thought were excellent. As was Nathan Donnelly in extra time. Simon O'Neill in full forward won nearly every ball that was played into him.

Kyle Coney played ok, but was reluctant to move from the Midfield/Playmaker role I felt. Played some nice passes but never seemed to go for a return or get involved further up. Also hit some bad frees. Always goes with the outside of his foot. Even from the RHS which would have suited him I would have though. Seen MH there ( he didnt stay for ET though ) and don't think he would have made much of an impression. Shay McGuigan had a good game as did the number 6.

Killyclogher were lucky to be in it at the end but when they did get the goal they has an easy free but the ref threw the ball up for a retaliation from Carlin which was stupid. Game would have been over if they had put it over ( 2 points up late on ).

Three very scrappy goals but I didn't think the Ardboe one crossed the line at the time. Mc'Fadden seemed to clear it over the sideline, which would have been difficult if it had been already over the line.

If Bradley is back for the final I would fancy Killyclogher but he would be a massive loss if he doesn't make it.

Jeremiah O

Mattie Bells hit on Mark Bradley was no different to the one which Simon Teague received in the 1st half which resulted in a yellow card for the Killyclogher player and a broken nose and concussion for Teague.
Unconquered and unconquerable

clarshack

fair play to Augher on Saturday they were deserving winners but they shouldn't get carried away as we were awful in that 2nd half. the legs on our lads had gone and quite possibly the extra times especially the one against Moortown the weekend before had taken it's toll. i'd expect the final to be very tight and wouldn't be surprised if Tattyreagh win it.

bogball88

Quote from: jb81 on October 08, 2018, 09:59:58 AM
Poor enough game in Carrickmore yesterday in the senior semi final. Up to the last 5/10 minutes and into extra time, when Killyclogher played well and ground out the win. Tiernan Mc'Cann I thought really stood up at the end and helped get them over the line. Bradley was a big loss. Should never had came back on. Was an awful collision. Really think the Ardboe fella was lucky to only get a yellow. Completely took him out. He didn't know where he was when he came back on. Ended up playing corner back.

Killyclogher set up defensively but do it well. Gorman and Mc'Fadden who plays as sweeper i thought were excellent. As was Nathan Donnelly in extra time. Simon O'Neill in full forward won nearly every ball that was played into him.

Kyle Coney played ok, but was reluctant to move from the Midfield/Playmaker role I felt. Played some nice passes but never seemed to go for a return or get involved further up. Also hit some bad frees. Always goes with the outside of his foot. Even from the RHS which would have suited him I would have though. Seen MH there ( he didnt stay for ET though ) and don't think he would have made much of an impression. Shay McGuigan had a good game as did the number 6.

Killyclogher were lucky to be in it at the end but when they did get the goal they has an easy free but the ref threw the ball up for a retaliation from Carlin which was stupid. Game would have been over if they had put it over ( 2 points up late on ).

Three very scrappy goals but I didn't think the Ardboe one crossed the line at the time. Mc'Fadden seemed to clear it over the sideline, which would have been difficult if it had been already over the line.

If Bradley is back for the final I would fancy Killyclogher but he would be a massive loss if he doesn't make it.
Seen him going down the tunnel at full time , very dazed and didn't seem to know where he was. Shocking decision by Killyclogher management and medical team to put him back on

GaaFanatic123

Id expect Bradley to be back for the final, he's a tought wee nut!!
Massive hit from Bell, id imagine Horse would have told his team that if a chance arises to get a big hit on Bradley then you let him know your there!!
T McCann was my MOTM, didnt stop the whole game, esp in extra time when they really needed him!
Ardboe just didnt have the legs for it i feel! They'll be back though, some great young players!!!