Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 6153759 times)

Dire Ear

• View Profile

clarshack

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #37231 on: April 09, 2018, 08:46:16 PM »
Did I hear correct Greencastle reserves hit something ridiculous like 10-15 against Stewartstown reserves though?

Must have decent enough players somewhere?

we were missing quite a few yesterday and i think we started the reserve game with only 12 players with another 1 or 2 players arriving at h/t.
was in stark contrast to the weekend before when we scored 8 goals against Aghaloo.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #37232 on: April 09, 2018, 09:20:05 PM »
Did I hear correct Greencastle reserves hit something ridiculous like 10-15 against Stewartstown reserves though?

we were missing quite a few yesterday and i think we started the reserve game with only 12 players with another 1 or 2 players arriving at h/t.
was in stark contrast to the weekend before when we scored 8 goals against Aghaloo.

Sorry didn't mean that to be derogatory, maybe it came across like that.

Fair play to Stewartstown for going ahead and playing game under those circumstances. Many a club wouldn't have bothered.

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #37233 on: April 09, 2018, 11:18:51 PM »

Sorry didn't mean that to be derogatory, maybe it came across like that.

Fair play to Stewartstown for going ahead and playing game under those circumstances. Many a club wouldn't have bothered.

Yeah fair play to stewartstown - i think moy choose not to field last week even though they had enough.

Important to field if at all possible in my view.

GaaFanatic123

• View Profile
« Reply #37234 on: April 10, 2018, 08:53:00 AM »
Heard about the Edendork/Clonoe incident, surely there will have to be sanctions, it happens far too often and wasn't it last year that Daisy ended up in hospital after a dangerous hit from behind and now Barton ends up in hospital!!
Also wasn't it Clonoe and Dromore who battered lumps outa each other aswel! Im not picking on Clonoe here im just naming a few incidents that come to my mind!
Has it really come to the stage where men leave their home for a game and end up in hospital after on field fights, sooner or later someone is going to end up really bad in hospital from a blow to the head and we can't say we haven't seen it coming!

Norf Tyrone

• View Profile
« Reply #37235 on: April 10, 2018, 01:24:18 PM »
Folks- What's the news Teamtalk are reporting from Errigal/ Drumquin?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

PMG1

• View Profile
« Reply #37237 on: April 10, 2018, 03:51:45 PM »
Does anyone know if The Moy Vs Dromore game is on tonight? I had heard on Sunday that it was re-fixed for then but I also see on Tyrone Gaa website that Moy host Trillick in Garvaghey on Friday night??
No the Moy v Dromore game is not on for a few weeks yet

Therealdonald

• View Profile
« Reply #37238 on: April 10, 2018, 05:24:18 PM »
Any big performances over the weekend? Ignoring the off the ball stuff, that was a massive win for Edendork over Clonoe. Trillick seem to be motoring well. Killyclogher went to Coalisland andturned them over which isn't easy done. What were the verdicts?

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #37239 on: April 10, 2018, 05:27:18 PM »
Got to give Derrylaughan a mention for big results. They must be flying.

gaafan2

• View Profile
« Reply #37240 on: April 11, 2018, 12:11:05 AM »
Got to give Derrylaughan a mention for big results. They must be flying.

They beat us fair and square at the weekend. Got loads of men behind the ball which we found very difficult to break down and hit us on the counter attack. We didnít show the same hunger and fight which was ultimately our downfall.

Under Lights

• View Profile
« Reply #37241 on: April 11, 2018, 01:48:04 PM »
Hearing from a good credible source that the double weekend (Friday + Sunday) at the end of the month is being pulled on the say so of county management.
These fixtures replaced for a stand alone saturday fixture, could possibly be a starred game.

Norf Tyrone

• View Profile
« Reply #37242 on: April 11, 2018, 02:17:41 PM »
Hearing from a good credible source that the double weekend (Friday + Sunday) at the end of the month is being pulled on the say so of county management.
These fixtures replaced for a stand alone saturday fixture, could possibly be a starred game.

There are fixtures on 4th May with County men though?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

redhandofgod

• View Profile
« Reply #37243 on: April 11, 2018, 02:33:32 PM »
No doubt a training weekend being organised the weekend of the double fixture....

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #37244 on: April 11, 2018, 02:35:53 PM »

That was always inevitable.