Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up The Middle

Quote from: Daidso191 on September 17, 2016, 10:50:28 PM
Two complete opposite games in Edendork. Kildress surely should not be in division 1. Very embarrassing evening for them. Coalisland did not have to break a sweat and as we say them goals win championships.
Unfortunately for Carmen the better team lost,. They outclassed Clonoe in every sector with Gormley, Munroe and Rory Loughran all putting in a heavy shift! Makes Carmen people wonder if substitutions should have been made earlier. Was Colm McGurk injured? That mccallan lad that came on made an immediate impact. Few very dubious  referring decisions that went against Carmen. Mcaliskey led with the elbow into Slane but Slane got booked. In saying all that he is a below average refeeree! 3 weeks in a row a referee has sided with Clonoe. Is it their championship?

Out classed in every sector. Really?  ::)
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Daidso191

I do believe they were. Clonoe struggled yesterday and bar the free taking expertise of Danny Mcnult they were dead and buried. Carmen had numerous different scorers on the day. Team performance! That is my opinion.

Wee Roddy

What a strange game but I'm sure is was enjoyable for the neutral. Both teams had their period's but the funny thing was Clone didn't punish on theirs. They killed us on the break. I do think we gave it all. We would feel a little aggrieved at some of the decisions Hurson gave. Fair play to Clonoe. They are giving their supporters some ride anyway.

WBF

Wouldn't say we outclassed them in every area to be honest, I thought both teams had chances to win the game and was a hard fought game! Declan McClure has to be one of the best fielders of a ball I've seen in a long time! Clonoe have mcnulty, Mcaliskey and McClure who can all pluck a ball high out of the sky and to me that made the difference yesterday

Jeremiah O

McClure has some set of hands on him,just like big Harry.Credit must go to both teams who served up an enthralling game of football.Caolan Daly going off was a big blow to Carmen.Clone are hard to put away and big Dan done the business again.Really looking forward to seeing them and the Island going at it next Sunday.
Unconquered and unconquerable

Club boi

Coalisland hammered Kildress in 2nd gear. They are coming in under the radar and I dont think they will be far away from winning this Championship

Clonoe and Carrickmore was a great game of football. 60 plus minutes of pure ding dust Championship Action and in the end Clonoe won the game. Normal Service Resumed

In hiding

Quote from: Jeremiah O on September 18, 2016, 11:27:10 AM
McClure has some set of hands on him,just like big Harry.Credit must go to both teams who served up an enthralling game of football.Caolan Daly going off was a big blow to Carmen.Clone are hard to put away and big Dan done the business again.Really looking forward to seeing them and the Island going at it next Sunday.
Are the dates and venues set ?

winghalfback

Quote from: Daidso191 on September 18, 2016, 09:59:35 AM
I do believe they were. Clonoe struggled yesterday and bar the free taking expertise of Danny Mcnult they were dead and buried. Carmen had numerous different scorers on the day. Team performance! That is my opinion.

It may be your opinion but it's wrong.

The 3 goals came from play, Magee mc aliskey and lynch all scored from play. Mc Clure bosses mf with his high fielding Brady in Feb was Brilliant ans was o Neill in the corner who kept penrose quiet.
It is true carrickmore played mighty football and in a way was unfair on them to loose but clonoe hunger was greater on the day that was the real difference.
Carrickmore probably should have started mc Gurk if not brought him on earlier, also loosing Daly before half time was a big blow to them.

I'd say now you're looking at a Coalisland killyclogher co final. I tip killyclogher to win the o Neill cup this year.

The Golden Years

Is it just me or is the standard of refereeing in Tyrone way below standard?  Don't like blaming refeeres when we lose but I thought Sean hurson display yesterday evening was nothing short of shocking. Some of the decision made against us would nearly have you believe that he wanted clonoe to win.

Moortown Spuds

longballin

Quote from: The Golden Years on September 18, 2016, 01:48:38 PM
Is it just me or is the standard of refereeing in Tyrone way below standard?  Don't like blaming refeeres when we lose but I thought Sean hurson display yesterday evening was nothing short of shocking. Some of the decision made against us would nearly have you believe that he wanted clonoe to win.

or maybe the culture of blaming the ref for every defeat which is also very prevalent in this county ; )

omagh_gael

redzone

Helpline

Dromore and Coalisland not properly tested yet, both could fall short next time out. Clonoe's year me thinks!
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

Cheltenham Fun

Quote from: Helpline on September 19, 2016, 09:09:36 AM
Dromore and Coalisland not properly tested yet, both could fall short next time out. Clonoe's year me thinks!

Killyclogher and Coalisland for me.  Although Kildress where very poor, i thought coalislands play was very good.  They moved the ball very quick and some of their scores a joy to watch.