Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: oakleafgael on September 03, 2016, 12:12:00 AM
Quote from: longballin on September 03, 2016, 12:06:21 AM
When and where is Derrytresk - Stewartstown replay?

Eglish, Saturday 2pm

has been moved about 3 times now, so not surprising folk aren't sure when/where it is on.

Tyrone95

Would like to hear a neutrals perspective on Martin Sluddens performance last night in Omagh, at stages it was laughable some of the decisions being made!

GaelTheGael

As a Killyclogher man, biased maybe, he got the big calls right.
Donnelly penalty claim, he over carried and threw himself at the Greencastle keeper. Free out.
The second yellow, dead right he was, maybe a straight red for a kick, but he defiantly had to go.
All the big calls Sludden got right, he didn't bow to pressure, Greencastle need to look at themselves and the wides they kicked, game was there for them against a poor Carmen team and they beat themselves.

ose 14

its not surprising that sluddens decisions were the talking points last night as that was all to talk about. very poor game and if ever a game can be held up as the reason to seed the senior championship then this was it. neither the 2 of them good enough to be in the top 8. as poor a carrickmore defence as ive ever seen. greencastle will be kicking themselves.

The Golden Years

Quote from: ose 14 on September 03, 2016, 09:34:58 AM
its not surprising that sluddens decisions were the talking points last night as that was all to talk about. very poor game and if ever a game can be held up as the reason to seed the senior championship then this was it. neither the 2 of them good enough to be in the top 8. as poor a carrickmore defence as ive ever seen. greencastle will be kicking themselves.

I have to agree when I seen our defences last night I feared the worst. With two lads making their championship debut in the half back line and a lad at fullback who hasn't played any senior football this year, but we dug in and got through and the experience will stand to them. With ruairi Loughran, Colm Mcgurk back in the next day against Clonoe, the possibility of reaching a semi is definitely there.

WBF

Sludden was possibly at the worst I've ever seen him, how can you say he got all the big calls right when he gave a second yellow for a player kicking out? What's he gonna write in his report? A kick is a straight red! Tried his best to keep greencastle in it there was a stage any time a carrickmore player even touched a greencastle player it was a free! Don't know how he is still allowed to ref tbh!

The Golden Years

Quote from: WBF on September 03, 2016, 09:51:56 AM
Sludden was possibly at the worst I've ever seen him, how can you say he got all the big calls right when he gave a second yellow for a player kicking out? What's he gonna write in his report? A kick is a straight red! Tried his best to keep greencastle in it there was a stage any time a carrickmore player even touched a greencastle player it was a free! Don't know how he is still allowed to ref tbh!

Are you surprised? It's always about Martin. I would say he would have had a few pound on Greencastle for the win. Looking at him last nite, I can't believe he passes the referees fitness test. He would need to take a step away from the table.

time ticking away

Quote from: The Golden Years on September 03, 2016, 09:50:00 AM

I have to agree when I seen our defences last night I feared the worst. With two lads making their championship debut in the half back line and a lad at fullback who hasn't played any senior football this year, but we dug in and got through and the experience will stand to them. With ruairi Loughran, Colm Mcgurk back in the next day against Clonoe, the possibility of reaching a semi is definitely there.

I thought carrickmore were poor enough contesting there own kickouts last night especially in the second half. There is no doubt that their performance last night would not be good enough to beat clonoe (or omagh), but i saw them scraping past Auger a couple of years ago before putting up a really good performance against Ardboe in a county semi final in pomeroy. The important thing for carrickmore is that they are still there
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Club boi

Ye might be ahead of yourself there son. Big game for them V Omagh still to come

skeog

Carmen are living in the past and it must be one of the poorest teams that have worn the famous jersey, their supporters have to be more realistic about their championship prospects, Carmen of old would have swatted Greencastle away without breaking sweat.Martin Sludden had a good game imo, got a few things wrong but overall he keeps the game moving and sure a little bit of beef does no harm.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Club boi on September 03, 2016, 12:21:48 PM

Ye might be ahead of yourself there son. Big game for them V Omagh still to come

I am quite aware of clonoe and Omagh game. A bit of tongue n cheek while responding to an Omagh man. 😂

The Golden Years

Quote from: skeog on September 03, 2016, 12:31:42 PM
Carmen are living in the past and it must be one of the poorest teams that have worn the famous jersey, their supporters have to be more realistic about their championship prospects, Carmen of old would have swatted Greencastle away without breaking sweat.Martin Sludden had a good game imo, got a few things wrong but overall he keeps the game moving and sure a little bit of beef does no harm.

I don't think we are living in the past, it's just we have high expectations. We are quite aware that our team is not as strong a as the teams of the past. The fact we had 4 debutants who featured last nite plus the fact that four of 6 forwards are over 30 tells you that. We still feel though on any given day we can be competitive. And one thing for sure i will always be proud of our club and our teams.

skeog

as it should be after all Carmen no 1 on the roll of honour

clarshack

Harps beat Derrytresk 1-11 to 0-10. We also played most of the game with 14 men.

PMG1

Any updates from Carrickmore, teamtalk seems to be down
?