Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barelegs

Quote from: Uncle Kev on June 19, 2016, 06:27:12 PM
Quote from: leenie on June 19, 2016, 04:21:04 PM
Where does this leave the club games now
Tyrone made flaws today again in terms of subs used . Frank burns has more football ability and intellect than mcnulty so I am amazed that  today again he went for a goal when it was more important t seal the win ! 3 times he got the hands on her and 3 schoolboy errors,!

Frank Burns wasn't on the bench so he coudn't have come on. McNulty was right to go for the goal. Would have left 5 in it and the game over. McCurry kicked the resulting 45 anyway so it made no difference whether he fisted it over or not.

time ticking away

Quote from: GlenMan on June 19, 2016, 06:32:06 PM

Starred round this coming weekend. No games the following weekend (replay). Starred round the weekend after that and then no games the weekend after that (Final).
The weekend after the replay is part of the summer break. Starred next sunday then no games until 24th July weekend probably
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

GlenMan

Quote from: time ticking away on June 19, 2016, 06:48:33 PM

Starred round this coming weekend. No games the following weekend (replay). Starred round the weekend after that and then no games the weekend after that (Final).
The weekend after the replay is part of the summer break. Starred next sunday then no games until 24th July weekend probably

I think they'll want to squeeze in another round of league fixtures before the break. Otherwise it'll be extremely tight with the championship after the break.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: GlenMan on June 19, 2016, 07:06:08 PM
Quote from: time ticking away on June 19, 2016, 06:48:33 PM

I think they'll want to squeeze in another round of league fixtures before the break. Otherwise it'll be extremely tight with the championship after the break.

They might put a round of starred games on the Fri/ Sat of the replay.

If only congress considered Club football this wouldn't be an issue.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Uncle Kev

Quote from: barelegs on June 19, 2016, 06:39:00 PM
Quote from: Uncle Kev on June 19, 2016, 06:27:12 PM
Tyrone made flaws today again in terms of subs used . Frank burns has more football ability and intellect than mcnulty so I am amazed that  today again he went for a goal when it was more important t seal the win ! 3 times he got the hands on her and 3 schoolboy errors,!

Frank Burns wasn't on the bench so he coudn't have come on. McNulty was right to go for the goal. Would have left 5 in it and the game over. McCurry kicked the resulting 45 anyway so it made no difference whether he fisted it over or not.
i ll call mcnulty the negative impact sub for the following reason. Any time he has came on firvtyrone this year and missed a one on one with the goalie the opposing team have came back into the game to snatch a draw e.g Galway Fermanagh Cavan .Anakyse the video lads and learn for the replay. I always buy a new pair of shoes to wear at replays and money is a bit tight with me st the minute !

Mikhailov

Why is the replay not this weekend coming?

Monaghan v Donegal is on Saturday night so Sunday is available. If it because of the Ulster Hurling final then that is laughable.

Play the Ulster Hurling Final on before it and give them a crowd to play in front off.....

driveherin

Be surprised if Morgan doesn't start in goals this week with Justy going to 3 and McNamee going to 2 at McCrory's expense.
Also be surprised if McShane gets a jersey....Meyler to start even though he was poor when he came on. Petey to 11 and Brennan into half back line....? Definitely changes needed....

The Bearded One

Aidan McCrory picked up Gearoid McKiernan yesterday and didn't give him a kick, he does not deserve to be dropped.

There is the option to move Harte and/or Sludden to the half forward line in order to facilitate Justin McMahon if he is called upon. McShane and Bradley must be under pressure at this stage.
It is what it is. Presumably.

winghalfback

Would Morgan have handled the situations regarding the 3 goals any better than o neill personally I think o neill is stronger in the air and as an all round keeper his weakness is his kicking but Morgan has not been as competent in the last few years in this regard either last years semi final an example.

Keyboard Warrior

Tyrone95

Seeing the u21 results from last night, good wins for Carmen, Errigal and Pomeroy to name 3.  Any good performances from any sides at this early stage?

bogball88

Any word of club games being moved this weekend to accommodate the Ireland France game? I see GAA HQ have taken the first step with the Dublin v Meath throw in time

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: bogball88 on June 23, 2016, 09:21:11 AM
Any word of club games being moved this weekend to accommodate the Ireland France game? I see GAA HQ have taken the first step with the Dublin v Meath throw in time
i would imagine most clubs could arrange themselves to put their games back?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

smort

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 23, 2016, 09:29:09 AM

Would rather bring the games forward than put them back! Think this is something that should be looked at in general as well, 2.15 and 3.45 fixtures take up all of your Sunday, playing them around midday would be my preference.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 23, 2016, 09:29:09 AM

Common sense approach would be to make the change, either time or even day. There will be the anti soccer brigade that will oppose any change.  Watch this space  ::)
Living the dream!!!