Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenMan

Quote from: redzone on June 05, 2016, 08:04:15 PM
Heard word of only 3 grades this year in u16. Did u see anything about this

All youth competitions this year have had only three grades. I think they realised that having Grade 4 wasn't worthwhile for anyone.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Christmas Lights on June 02, 2016, 07:23:23 PM
Quote from: redzone on May 31, 2016, 12:30:38 PM
Dromore v carmen should be on Sunday evening at 7. Standout fixture this weekend

How's it a standout  :-\

Dromore and flying whilst carrickmore are struggling.

Dromore by 7

Close enough  8)

redzone

Quote from: Christmas Lights on June 06, 2016, 02:09:59 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on June 02, 2016, 07:23:23 PM
Quote from: redzone on May 31, 2016, 12:30:38 PM
Dromore v carmen should be on Sunday evening at 7. Standout fixture this weekend

How's it a standout  :-\

Dromore and flying whilst carrickmore are struggling.

Dromore by 7

Close enough  8)

Good man. Who will win the championship?

Uncle Kev

I hear there was a right old loodering match at the Eglish v Dork game. It will be interesting to see if there are any sanctions or will the county chair turn Eugene McConnells head by dropping the red suspenders !

rrhf

LeoMc

Bit of good old fashioned misogyny from the embarrassing Uncle there.

longballin

Quote from: redhandefender on June 06, 2016, 09:00:59 AM
Quote from: longballin on June 05, 2016, 10:22:38 PM
Brian McGuigan on the Sunday Game... who is driving this RTE ban?... not the players anyway

What are you talking about, All Tyrone people aren't banned from speaking to the media? Harte won't do it so his players are backing him. Brian does not play for Harte anymore? What exactly is the problem here?

Problem is if you feel so strongly about RTE why go on once you stop playing football unless of course you had no choice when you were playing...

Club boi

Quote from: WT4E on June 06, 2016, 11:44:04 AM
Brian McGuigan on the Sunday Game... who is driving this RTE ban?... not the players anyway

What are you talking about, All Tyrone people aren't banned from speaking to the media? Harte won't do it so his players are backing him. Brian does not play for Harte anymore? What exactly is the problem here?

Heard a story about the time Jordan went on Sunday Game panel - Harte rang him to ask him not to do it and Jordan had to tell him where to go as he wasn't one of his players anymore. Anyone else ever hear that one - could just be a story though! Mickey would be a bit of a control freak me thinks!

Also heard that. "Apparently when the number came up on Jordan's phone he didn't even know who it was" shows the lack of communication between Harte and an established player

omagh_gael

Quote from: Club boi on June 07, 2016, 09:20:59 PM

Heard a story about the time Jordan went on Sunday Game panel - Harte rang him to ask him not to do it and Jordan had to tell him where to go as he wasn't one of his players anymore. Anyone else ever hear that one - could just be a story though! Mickey would be a bit of a control freak me thinks!

Also heard that. "Apparently when the number came up on Jordan's phone he didn't even know who it was" shows the lack of communication between Harte and an established player

I also heard he saw Mickey's car parked up in the Moy and let down all the tyres one day last year. Shows you how deflated the ex players are these days.

redhandefender

Quote from: longballin on June 07, 2016, 07:29:09 PM

Problem is if you feel so strongly about RTE why go on once you stop playing football unless of course you had no choice when you were playing...
[/quote

And whats your point? Of course they probably feel they have no choice, they are a unit, a team, Mc Guigan is now outside that bubble. I would imagine mickeys ban on speaking to them only kicked in as he was leaving the panel anyway. Not sure what you are getting at, always moaning

time ticking away

Quote from: redhandefender on June 08, 2016, 08:25:14 AM

Always very aggressive !!!
Were you an aggressive red hand defender ?

[/quote

And whats your point? Of course they probably feel they have no choice, they are a unit, a team, Mc Guigan is now outside that bubble. I would imagine mickeys ban on speaking to them only kicked in as he was leaving the panel anyway. Not sure what you are getting at, always moaning
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

longballin

Quote from: time ticking away on June 08, 2016, 08:45:05 AM

[/quote

my point is it is not the players decision, they have no choice.. you talk to RTE - you dont play. So be it but they shouldnt pretend it is a stand by the players... thats all.

lenny

Heard that as well. I think Jordan would make a good pundit on tv. His column in the irish news is good and he comes across as more intelligent and articulate than mcguigan. Enda McGinley is the other tyrone ex player who is generally very good as a pundit.

redhandefender

Quote from: longballin on June 08, 2016, 10:00:34 AM

[/quote

my point is it is not the players decision, they have no choice.. you talk to RTE - you dont play. So be it but they shouldnt pretend it is a stand by the players... thats all.

You genuinely think mickey harte directly or indirectly told them not to speak or they wouldn't play. Or even better if mattie Donnelly did speak to them harte wouldn't play him? They are standing behind their manager as a group

longballin

Quote from: redhandefender on June 08, 2016, 02:44:40 PM
Quote from: longballin on June 08, 2016, 10:00:34 AM

[/quote

You genuinely think mickey harte directly or indirectly told them not to speak or they wouldn't play. Or even better if mattie Donnelly did speak to them harte wouldn't play him? They are standing behind their manager as a group

amazing how every player in every squad last few years is behind that decision but minute they get away from the squad go on to RTE despite Mickey not wanting them to...