Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

Quote from: ugliragman on August 27, 2007, 09:53:23 PM
Quote from: Tombraider on August 27, 2007, 01:07:03 PM

Congratulations to the Fianna yesterday. 3 in a row is a marvellous acheivement by this young team. Many of these young men won an Ulster minor title last year too. Great credit must go to their management. Surely Damien O' Hagan must be considered as a future County Minor manager.

Surely if there was a vacancy at County Minor management level, the Noel Donnelly/ Ciaran Mc Bride combination would be favourites for the job?

Noel donnelly....Your having a laugh, he managed us for 1 season worst manger i ever played under

hoopsaaa

Quote from: new devil on August 27, 2007, 09:56:15 PM

Congratulations to the Fianna yesterday. 3 in a row is a marvellous acheivement by this young team. Many of these young men won an Ulster minor title last year too. Great credit must go to their management. Surely Damien O' Hagan must be considered as a future County Minor manager.

Surely if there was a vacancy at County Minor management level, the Noel Donnelly/ Ciaran Mc Bride combination would be favourites for the job?

Noel donnelly....Your having a laugh, he managed us for 1 season worst manger i ever played under

Have to say hes a bit intense. But he had a lot of success with the CBS this year. Just he doen't work with one team doesnt mean he won't work with another.

new devil

Quote from: hoopsaaa on August 27, 2007, 10:56:08 PM
Quote from: new devil on August 27, 2007, 09:56:15 PM

Have to say hes a bit intense. But he had a lot of success with the CBS this year. Just he doen't work with one team doesnt mean he won't work with another.

Yea maybe your right..it was 5 years ago so he might of improved plus school football is alot different from club

Redhandfan

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on August 27, 2007, 09:06:19 PM
eglish beat clonoe 1-15 to 2-8 in moy tonight. great match eglish deserved their win

Yes, this was an excellent contest and Eglish deserve a lot of credit for adding the league title to their Grade Two championship crown.  It continually amazes me how Eglish can keep producing successful sides at this age level.  Clonoe played their part in a fine match but must be sick of the sight of Eglish minors this year.....that was their third defeat to Eglish this season and each of the games were very close.  Clonoe's outstanding player tonight was former An Port Mor underage star, P.J. Lavery, who scored his side's two goals and several more points.  John Morrison must rate him highly as he has drafted him onto the Clonoe senior team.

It was good to see Moy hosting such an important underage match.  Because of our location, we don't usually get that many big games.  The stand was close to full tonight and we even played a full rendition of Amhran na bhFiann before the match got underway.   

orangeman

Well done Tir na nOg - good to see you getting a good game - hope you get a few more.

Redhandfan

Quote from: KIDDO on August 27, 2007, 03:14:27 PM
Ladies will play Mayo on Sat evening next at 7.15, live tv coverage on TG4

It is disappointing that this game is now going to clash with the big senior championship game between Errigal Ciaran and Donaghmore at Edendork.   I would have been tempted to go to Breffni Park to see the Tyrone ladies as they do deserve our support, but the championship double-bill in Edendork this Saturday is just too enticing (and handy!).  Those who take in the Errigal/Donaghmore game won't even be able to watch Tyrone on TV. 

Anyhow, I wish the Tyrone ladies well but they look as if they are really going to be up against it this weekend.  Cora Staunton and Mayo are formidable opposition and, even if the Red hand cailini do make it through to the final, they would have a major job on their hands defeating Cork.  The Rebels look an even more potent force than when they won the All-Ireland last year.  They must be raging hot favourites to retain the title.  How Tyrone could be doing with a couple of Moy players in their squad!!

Redhandfan

Quote from: amongthebushes on August 27, 2007, 12:53:24 PM
I was looking at the county board website and there doesnt seem to be a full round of league games on at all this weekend. Anybody know what the story is?

I don't know what the exact reasons are but I am very surprised that there are not more league games down to be played this weekend.  Maybe it is to do with the All-Ireland Hurling Final on Sunday and all the big championship games down for decision on Friday/Saturday/Sunday.  Moy still have seven games left to play and, with the evenings almost bucked for another year, it is looking like late October or even early November for the completion of the league. 
I also know that the Castlewellan 'Sevens' competition is on this weekend.  Moy are due to take part in this.  Anyone know of any other Tyrone clubs participating?

As for the County Board website, the Division 1B league table is definitely not correct.  Clonoe and Moy are just two of the clubs whose points tally is wrong!

orangeman

Fixtures schedule is a joke - needs sorted out big time - playing in shite weather in November - deciding play off around Christmas time - joke - no concern at all for club footballers.

goal and a point

If Brackaville are to play there last 14 games, one every weekend there last league match will be on Sunday 2nd December 2008. A joke.

neutral

Orangeman ye were asking about O Hagan, He won another trophy at the weekend thatns very much,  tell me this did ye have a good weekend opening a field that should have been closed twice.
Finally and I would like to ask the question Should action be taken against Dromore after how many rows this year?  Bad loosers and winners. it seems.

orangeman

Congratulations Neutral - but I'm entitled to ask just as you are - no need to be so sensitive - so he WAS misbehaving. Thanks - you answered the question for me by being so so touchy.

In answer to your question about Dromore, why do you want Dromore punished ? Nothing happened to merit punishment being handed out to them, was there ? Or maybe you knew something different ?

neutral

What about the goading of opponents after the game etc.  You are quite outspoken on it against the DUbs.. a little consistency please.  Who do you think are going to win the championship games this weekend by the way?

loughshore lad

Quote from: neutral on August 28, 2007, 10:28:54 AM
Orangeman ye were asking about O Hagan, He won another trophy at the weekend thatns very much,  tell me this did ye have a good weekend opening a field that should have been closed twice.
Finally and I would like to ask the question Should action be taken against Dromore after how many rows this year?  Bad loosers and winners. it seems.
Yes Ardboe did have a good weekend opening our new pitch. Why should it have been closed twice??

orangeman

Sorry - I didn't catch on what you meant there - so Dromore were goading their opponents - is that why Ricey got hit ? I agree with you then - way out of order -

Cookstown ,Coalisland and Errigal to progress with the only tight match being Errigals.

clarshack

Quote from: Redhandfan on August 27, 2007, 11:56:26 PM

I also know that the Castlewellan 'Sevens' competition is on this weekend.  Moy are due to take part in this.  Anyone know of any other Tyrone clubs participating?

stewartstown are taking part in the castlewellan 7's yet the GAC have given us a fixture against kildress on sunday. how can they expect players to play in the 7's on sat and then a league game on sun. we actually asked for a free weekend or at the worst to play on thurs night and yet our game is the only one on in 1B on sunday. we then asked kildress to move to thursday night once it had been fixed for sunday - they refused even though we changed for them earlier in the season.