Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 18, 2014, 09:29:07 PM
Latest odds for Senior Chammpionship

Dromore        2/1
Omagh          2/1
Carrickmore   5/2
Ardboe          4/1
Augher          50/1

2 horse race - possibly 3
Carmen won the league last year, were beat in the county final, experimented greatly in the league, have been ravaged with injuries, when everyone is fit they have at least 3 major addition to their starting 15 that they didnt have last year yet people are writing them off. Dont get me wrong, keep it up but what is the reason for this? Is it solely league form?

Sunny Day

Any team with the calibre of Gormley, Penrose, Mark Donnelly,  Caolan Daly, Mickey Donaghy, Pol McAleer, Munroe, Ruairi Loughran, Mickey Slane, Colm McGurk and Big Plunky should never be discounted as possible championship winners. They will fancy getting to a county final for sure. 

WT4E

Just think Carmen are a team in decline a wee bit. Not trying to annoy roddy just think that once you take Gormley approx. 34; Donnelly & McGurk who are the wrong side of 30; out of the team you wouldn't have a squad who would put the fear of god into anyone going out to play them.

Just think they've lost some serious players the last 5-6 years and the last 3/4 are about to go.

But i'll tip my hat if they win it!

God14

I fancy a Dromore / Carickmore county final. Which is kinda worrying from the perspective of the county senior team. Both sides backboned by fellas the wrong side of 30

Man Marker

Quote from: WT4E on August 20, 2014, 10:28:23 AM
Just think Carmen are a team in decline a wee bit. Not trying to annoy roddy just think that once you take Gormley approx. 34; Donnelly & McGurk who are the wrong side of 30; out of the team you wouldn't have a squad who would put the fear of god into anyone going out to play them.

Just think they've lost some serious players the last 5-6 years and the last 3/4 are about to go.

Ballinderry have 5 men starting at the age of 33/36. Muldoon, Gilligan, Mc Guckian, Conway, Conlon. And a couple of subs they use at that age also. Age is no barrier to quality and decision making.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: WT4E on August 20, 2014, 10:28:23 AM

Gormley was one of the best defenders about last year, for Tyrone and Carrickmore! For some reason he looks as if he is wrecked all the time but keeps pushing on. Will be a major loss to Carrickmore and Tyrone when he calls it a day.

Club Rossa

Would be a foolish man that writes off Carrickmore's championship chances.They are well capable of beating Dromore or Omagh in the final.

bigtogs

Mickey Donnelly re-instated as minor manager for 2015..

In hiding

Heard a rumour today that one of dromore's more influential players picked up a nasty facial injury at work yesterday. Anyone else hear that? Would be a big loss if true

bigtogs

Quote from: In hiding on August 20, 2014, 10:15:26 PM
Heard a rumour today that one of dromore's more influential players picked up a nasty facial injury at work yesterday. Anyone else hear that? Would be a big loss if true

Oh Dear not so good...Dromore prob have the edge after thumping Omagh Last friday night!!

In hiding

Quote from: bigtogs on August 20, 2014, 10:18:05 PM

Oh Dear not so good...Dromore prob have the edge after thumping Omagh Last friday night!!
Aye would still fancy Dromore to win but possibly tight enough

LeoMc

Quote from: In hiding on August 20, 2014, 10:27:41 PM

Were Grugan and Red Sean straight reds on Friday night or will they be available for the championship?

In hiding

Quote from: LeoMc on August 20, 2014, 10:34:12 PM

Were Grugan and Red Sean straight reds on Friday night or will they be available for the championship?
Does a red card in a league match now not mean you only miss a league match

bigtogs

Quote from: In hiding on August 20, 2014, 10:37:24 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on August 20, 2014, 10:34:12 PM

Does a red card in a league match now not mean you only miss a league match

Correct!! Are Omagh out of contention for the league?

gardrumchum

Dromore quite happy to get Omagh. never have a problem with them in the champo. easy if you ask me