Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: Club Rossa on November 09, 2013, 03:14:17 PM
Congratulations to Stewartstown who beat our minors in the league final today.Disappointed at not being able to complete the double but the Harps were by far the better side and were well worth their win.

thanks, was some achievement by us to win 1-10 to 0-9.   :)  all of our 1-10 came from play as well.
that is our first ever grade 1 title at minor level too. :)

wheres he takin er from

Another cup coming to the corner tonight. 1-11 to 2-07 winners of u21 grade 1 championship today in edendork. Fair play to pomeroy, better team for long periods.
First on the field and last to leave

drici

Quote from: clarshack on November 09, 2013, 03:45:32 PM
Quote from: Club Rossa on November 09, 2013, 03:14:17 PM
Congratulations to Stewartstown who beat our minors in the league final today.Disappointed at not being able to complete the double but the Harps were by far the better side and were well worth their win.

thanks, was some achievement by us to win 1-10 to 0-9.   :)  all of our 1-10 came from play as well.
that is our first ever grade 1 title at minor level too. :)

The man with the accordian will be happy.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on November 09, 2013, 04:10:32 PM
Another cup coming to the corner tonight. 1-11 to 2-07 winners of u21 grade 1 championship today in edendork. Fair play to pomeroy, better team for long periods.

Pomeroy were the better team in the first half, but we certainly were in the 2nd half coming from 3 down at half time to go up by three after a goal by Big Dan. the ref had an impact on the game that Pomeroy will be upset with. But we would also have our complaints, especially at giving them a penalty with 5 mins to go to bring from a certain loosing position into a competing position. The penalty was not inside the penalty area for certain, it was foul no doubt. And this will be the critical discussion for if had been given as a free, which IMO should have been we would not had the controversy at the end. Pomeroy will feel aggrieved at a disallowed point that was critical at the time. But over all I felt Clonoe were marginally the better team.

bigtogs

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on November 09, 2013, 06:24:12 PM

Pomeroy were the better team in the first half, but we certainly were in the 2nd half coming from 3 down at half time to go up by three after a goal by Big Dan. the ref had an impact on the game that Pomeroy will be upset with. But we would also have our complaints, especially at giving them a penalty with 5 mins to go to bring from a certain loosing position into a competing position. The penalty was not inside the penalty area for certain, it was foul no doubt. And this will be the critical discussion for if had been given as a free, which IMO should have been we would not had the controversy at the end. Pomeroy will feel aggrieved at a disallowed point that was critical at the time. But over all I felt Clonoe were marginally the better team.

Pomeroy shot selection resulting in a few wides coes them the game they have 5/6 decent players all the same.. a wee bit too learn but decent raw talent.

blackball

Do you think the free kick the ref gave clonoe at the end to win it was fair?

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: blackball on November 10, 2013, 09:18:48 AM

I don't know I was at the end where the penalty was given, that's how I am certain it was outside the penalty area. What I know is that Mc Nulty showed some character to kick that ball under that pressure from that distance. As I said we could point to different decisions, I said that in my first post

bigtogs

Thought it possibly should have been a free out as i thought Danny pushed the full back, when the ref did not give it he was harsh on blowing him for lifting it off the ground..

blackball

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on November 10, 2013, 11:39:56 AM

I don't know I was at the end where the penalty was given, that's how I am certain it was outside the penalty area. What I know is that Mc Nulty showed some character to kick that ball under that pressure from that distance. As I said we could point to different decisions, I said that in my first post

It was a good free kick alright but was no more than 30 yards out. Any decent free taker would have kicked it.

inroundthesquare

Carrickmore 1-14 Cookstown 1-13

Trillick 2-11 Greencastle 2-7

Derrytresk 0-9 Rock 1-5

Greencastle and the Rock go down.

clarshack

whats the story with galbally and edendork? heard it went to ET but cant find result anywhere.

rrhf

clarshack

heard brocagh have 6 players coming back home in next week or so. could be dark horses for the playoffs if true.

a derrytresk v brocagh playoff would be some game!

Boghopper

Phew we still have a chance of staying up, feel sorry for the Rock hope they are up straight away no soft men I can tell you.

Under Lights

I see Sean Slater and one of the Rea's went off injured in the playoff game yesterday. Suppose Derrytresk are lucky that there is a few weeks till the next game. I actually fancy the D3 team to turn them over though.