Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wee Roddy

OK sorry. I was told different last night. If it was late notification as you say then its only fair the players circumstances are taken into account. The CCC just want the games finish with no regard for any man, woman or child or even dog in Ardboes case. Perhaps part of the problem is every clubs paranoia and none more so than my own :) Sorry KYMI.

Christmas Lights

Is there a possibility that with the cancellation of Clonoe vs Coalisland that all the final league games could be knocked back a week next weekend?  I hope that isnt the case.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on October 24, 2013, 11:13:47 AM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 24, 2013, 09:05:21 AM
...so Coalisland v Clonoe will be back to the last game with a point a piece doing both? When you think of how many games are played without county players and how many are meaningless towards the end of the year, is it any wonder teams are failing in the Ulster Senior Club? Trillick will be guaranteed points against Carmen now I would suspect as a result of last nights game being cancelled. Incidentally if there are teams on equal points does it go on head to head or score difference in relegation, promotion, play off places etc?

WR I have a lot of time for most of your posts , but that is utter bollix. We got into the Ulster club in 2008 and this year. On both occasions we had to play semi final, final and 1st round of Ulster club all within 2 weeks. To win a semi final, and then play a final 7 days later, to achieve a major goal in ones playing career, and then try to reset your goal within 3/4 days amid the celebrations  and then go and play this game another 7 days later was for us just emotionally impossible. We lost last Sundays game in the first 10/15 mins, why? because B'derry had time to set their goal for Ulster(and probably they expected to win Derry and had an eye on this fixture and competition), had time to prepare and had the luxury of studying us, whilst we had feck all preparations. the Tyrone CCC are muck in my eyes. Yet year in and out this body is aloud to get with this shite and nothing ever changes. I would be very disappointed with our club if they invited anyone from the county board to the club dinner.

Unto the league game with Coalisland. The reason why the game was changed by the CCC was that stewartstowns pitch was not available for Wednesday night, the CCC then issues an email with instructions saying the game was switched to thurs night without due notice, Coalisland players had changed work commitments to suit the Wednesday game, and the CCC knew they would loose any appeal made due to the timing of their notifications. We asked last weekend for our players to given one weeks grace before playing a league game, but needeless to say this fell on deaf ears. A complete shower of hateful hoors!!!
so when is the game likely to be played?
mid week next week?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Knock Yer Mucker In

Under Lights

EC Unique- a task for you.
Can you find out the team and scorers from Errigal's 1993 Ulster Final win against Downpatrick?

EC Unique

Quote from: Under Lights on October 24, 2013, 03:41:26 PM
Can you find out the team and scorers from Errigal's 1993 Ulster Final win against Downpatrick?

I will take a guess at the team out of my head. No idea of scorers.

Cahal Mc Anenely

Seamus Mallon        Mickey McGirr       Colm McCann
Tiffy Quinn         Ciaran McCrory         Eamon Kavanagh

Pascal Canavan         Hugh Quinn

Stevie Canavan    Eamon McCaffery   Martin (Haddan) McCaffery
Eoin Gormley      Peter Canavan           Leo Quinn

rrhf

Thats why ye won Ulster that was some team.  Was at that game in Armagh

EC Unique

Quote from: rrhf on October 24, 2013, 06:58:48 PM
Thats why ye won Ulster that was some team.  Was at that game in Armagh

Was a great team and a few handy subs that could be called upon when needed. Really should have won the All Ireland that year. That is a big regret and who knows if we will ever get the chance again.

MCO

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 23, 2013, 04:25:15 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on October 23, 2013, 03:43:23 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on October 23, 2013, 11:36:49 AM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on October 23, 2013, 10:41:17 AM
Quote10. The granting of a postponement of any game is a matter solely for the Chairperson of the CCC and requests for postponements will only be considered in very exceptional circumstances. In the absence of the Chairperson of the CCC, the Secretary of the CCC shall deal with such requests.

Interesting. I wonder did the Chairperson reject any requests before the Blackwater was re-routed?

Are you talking about the allegations of Moy Tir Na nOgs hosing their field on Friday night, thus waterlogging it, thus resulting in the game with Eglish St Patricks being called off on Saturday, thus resulting in Seany Cavanagh being fit to play in the abomination rules the same day and then freeing him up to play in the amended fixture last night?

Love a good conspiracy theory, I wonder is there any truth that the Moy did do this, if they did then I say fair play to them.  Nobody got hurt the game was played the points were won.  The CCC have been criticised on this board for the fixtures and this fixture was another balls up.  It would of been simple for Moy to play Clonoe that weekend knowing Clonoe had Ulster Club commitments allowing Sean to play International Rules and The Moy club to run their fundraiser.

I noticed the rumour had spread outside the county with Derry men tweeting about hosepipe bans.  I find the whole thing laughable to be honest. The refixture was good for me because it was an excuse out of the house.  Decent game of football although I thought Eglish were very poor but young McKenna made a difference when he came on.  Serious pace.  Tyrone CCC should look at implementing mid week fixtures into the normal calendar maybe ease congestion.  Looking forward to Clonoe vs Coalisland tonight, Predictions??  Clonoe full out?

I believe Sludden got the score wrong at half time and full time by two points, such a clown...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EC Unique on October 24, 2013, 05:33:37 PM

Cahal Mc Anenely

Tiffy Quinn          Ciaran McCrory         Eamon Kavanagh

Is that the same Tiffy with us at the minute?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hereiam

I believe so. He was a wee terrier in his hay day

EC Unique

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 24, 2013, 10:39:09 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on October 24, 2013, 05:33:37 PM

Cahal Mc Anenely

Tiffy Quinn          Ciaran McCrory         Eamon Kavanagh

Is that the same Tiffy with us at the minute?

The one and only. (A few pounds lighter then).

God14

EC - Eoin Gormley must have been very young at the time? I always thought he came along a few years after that breakthrough. Very elegant footballer.

bigtogs

Quote from: God14 on October 25, 2013, 08:23:20 AM
EC - Eoin Gormley must have been very young at the time? I always thought he came along a few years after that breakthrough. Very elegant footballer.

would say he was just out of minor he was a good player alright and a gent into the bargain, Only carrickmore came with a great team at this period as well errigal would have won 7/8 in a row at least... some battle's between the two from about 95- 2005... now 6 or seven team could win the o'neill cup...

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 23, 2013, 04:25:15 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on October 23, 2013, 03:43:23 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on October 23, 2013, 11:36:49 AM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on October 23, 2013, 10:41:17 AM
Quote10. The granting of a postponement of any game is a matter solely for the Chairperson of the CCC and requests for postponements will only be considered in very exceptional circumstances. In the absence of the Chairperson of the CCC, the Secretary of the CCC shall deal with such requests.

Interesting. I wonder did the Chairperson reject any requests before the Blackwater was re-routed?

Are you talking about the allegations of Moy Tir Na nOgs hosing their field on Friday night, thus waterlogging it, thus resulting in the game with Eglish St Patricks being called off on Saturday, thus resulting in Seany Cavanagh being fit to play in the abomination rules the same day and then freeing him up to play in the amended fixture last night?

Love a good conspiracy theory, I wonder is there any truth that the Moy did do this, if they did then I say fair play to them.  Nobody got hurt the game was played the points were won.  The CCC have been criticised on this board for the fixtures and this fixture was another balls up.  It would of been simple for Moy to play Clonoe that weekend knowing Clonoe had Ulster Club commitments allowing Sean to play International Rules and The Moy club to run their fundraiser.

I noticed the rumour had spread outside the county with Derry men tweeting about hosepipe bans.  I find the whole thing laughable to be honest. The refixture was good for me because it was an excuse out of the house.  Decent game of football although I thought Eglish were very poor but young McKenna made a difference when he came on.  Serious pace.  Tyrone CCC should look at implementing mid week fixtures into the normal calendar maybe ease congestion.  Looking forward to Clonoe vs Coalisland tonight, Predictions??  Clonoe full out?
Thats all fair enough, apart from the fact that the CCC refused other clubs wishing to get their game put back till later on the saturday afternoon.
Both clubs had agreed as both had players working saturday, but the ccc refused as ' the last 3 rounds of league games have to be played at the same time'
Yet moy v eglish was put back till the tuesday, clonoe v coalisland still hasnt been played, dromore v trillick wasnt played till the sunday morning and ardboe & errigals games were both played early on the saturday to allow for their minor involvement.
so only a couple of the games were actually played at the fixed throw in times.
Like I say, i have no problem with clubs getting these dates & times changed if they have to, but i dont know how they can refuse then to do it for another fixture.
Maybe we needed to have got the hosepipes out too  :-X
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either